Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Sheepherder

Augur
Since fusion explosion is an AoE, it targets the ground rather than you directly. So it has the same precision regardless of who's in the blast radius. (Unless you're emitting/absorbing light - that would also make the ground somewhat easier/harder to target.) Evasion AoE damage reduction is capped at 85% but you can stack it with explosion damage reduction.
cant remember, it was stopped by energy shield right? Also greater siphoner does provide some energy dt(7+)

man... does anyone have old save to check how much dmg that exploson deals?

Looking at blast cloth real quick... shouldnt be hard to get -75% explosion on chest, dunno how boots scale, might be constant -20% on tabi. Dunno... it sounds too easy to get -95% explosion reduction. Evasion reduction aside, 7dt energy along with 95% from blast cloths means that you need to take 140 energy blast to take any dmg at all. With evasion you can just throw mk3 plasma grenades at your feet?
I played a dodge/evasion char a while back and after hitting the AoE damage reduction cap from evasion, nagas would deal ~40 damage per blast. With a good crafted shield, I was able to comfortably tank 4naga attacks long enough to kill them.

Also, check out this video. The dude who made it also uses evasion to tank naga AoE damage.

Calcium

Educated
It took me half an hour just to plug in the text to the puzzle solver. I've never been filtered this hard by any piece of media.

jackofshadows

Magister
That musical puzzle... I just... what the fuck.
That puzzle did my head in. Took me about 40 minutes to figure out.
I've wasted like 40 mins first because I've missed one terminal, and it took me another 40-50 mins to actually solve it. A proper puzzle.

And I was returning to it later because when I stumbled upon it I had a pretty bad hangover and no fucking way I would've solve the puzzle with that.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Found out that EK Imprint is a perfect stealth weapon. It's a mine, for all intents and purposes, but: it's deployed instantly, from distance, silently and is invisible; has good damage not easily mitigated by the armor, has no weight and no value, thus limited only by your PSI pool.

Having no chances in open fight with Magnar and his posse, I was forced to tedious, but effective stealth play. Some guys are patrolling the corridors outside - they are dispatched easily. Next, some guys guarding the corridor: deploy Imprint, enter stealth and lure the guy into it. Next, there is a guy who guards Magnar's chamber from inside. He really likes his job and won't go anywhere, but he will alert other savages and lure them into the my trap. "Hey guys, what's that noise?" says he time after time as his clueless compatriots die from some weird shit right before his eyes. This way, I succeeded and lured Magnar alone near the entrance. From there, it was easy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I wanted to check how well AoE Mental Breakdown works with AoE Bilocation. Good.

ZjQEfbuo6Fo.jpg

But not as good as I wanted it to. See, the area is crowded and Doppelgangers block each other from their intended targets.

Zeem

Learned
Biocorp tried to get there, but the Abyssal Station research crew used their experimental Phased Shadow Wave Beam to negate a Biocorp Undernavy submarine out of existence. One of the early shadow wave psychoprojection images depicts something that could be interpreted in this way.
We don't actually know if this was a Biocorp submarine. IIRC PSWB object negation experiment with a brass cup is one of the later ones - the invading submarine could be from Atlantis or even a local one crewed by Lemurians and sent to investigate what was going on i the R&D dome. Biocorp was done for after Hollow Earth incident 189 years ago - at 55 LE-AD, long before the Shadow Wave emission incident of 129 LE-AD (which is probably the event caused by cutting off a piece Shadowlith and the one that really kickstarted the corruption of Atlantean scientists working there).

epeli

Arcane
We don't actually know if this was a Biocorp submarine. IIRC PSWB object negation experiment with a brass cup is one of the later ones - the invading submarine could be from Atlantis or even a local one crewed by Lemurians and sent to investigate what was going on i the R&D dome. Biocorp was done for after Hollow Earth incident 189 years ago - at 55 LE-AD, long before the Shadow Wave emission incident of 129 LE-AD (which is probably the event caused by cutting off a piece Shadowlith and the one that really kickstarted the corruption of Atlantean scientists working there).

Yeah, it being Biocorp sub was speculation, a possibility, I didn't express that clearly enough after the first post. I assumed it to be a Biocorp Undernavy military vessel for a couple of reasons: It was a very large sub, based on the amount of shadow dust its negation created. The other docking bays at Abyssal Station can't have been much larger than the ones used for the submersile we get to ride. And as far as we know, nobody had naval power like Biocorp did. Lemurians seemed to prefer smaller, more efficient vehicles. Then there's the word "invading", as in invading military force, but maybe I'm taking that one too literally.

There was no date on the small object negation experiment. It could be from any point between the discovery of shadowlith and the shadow emission. There's a hundred years before the Biocorp invasion.

Anyways, the shadow emission date seems very late to me. It couldn't have been the start of the scientists' corruption, could it? That would barely give enough time for Sørmirbæren "culture" and population to emerge, yet the console logs around research dome paint a picture of a slow and gradual process from scientific research on reptilian DNA and whatnot to macabre rituals.

Zeem

Learned
Yeah, it being Biocorp sub was speculation, a possibility, I didn't express that clearly enough after the first post. I assumed it to be a Biocorp Undernavy military vessel for a couple of reasons: It was a very large sub, based on the amount of shadow dust its negation created. The other docking bays at Abyssal Station can't have been much larger than the ones used for the submersile we get to ride. And as far as we know, nobody had naval power like Biocorp did. Lemurians seemed to prefer smaller, more efficient vehicles. Then there's the word "invading", as in invading military force, but maybe I'm taking that one too literally.

There was no date on the small object negation experiment. It could be from any point between the discovery of shadowlith and the shadow emission. There's a hundred years before the Biocorp invasion.

Anyways, the shadow emission date seems very late to me. It couldn't have been the start of the scientists' corruption, could it? That would barely give enough time for Sørmirbæren "culture" and population to emerge, yet the console logs around research dome paint a picture of a slow and gradual process from scientific research on reptilian DNA and whatnot to macabre rituals.
The submersible used by the player is probably the smallest underwater vehicle utilized in Lemuria. In LemCo you can see one of the larger subspheres docked to a pier, although it's unusable due to being filled with spiderwebs, and research logs also mention heavy sublifters operating in excavation sites.
This subsphere was probably one of those used by future Scalers to get to the surface. Phryg clarified the timeline with LE-BD and LE-AD referring to dates before and after Lemurians moved into Sbyssal Statio Zero respectively. This means ASZ Shadowlith was discovered 20-30 years before Biocorp attack, and the attack itself was commenced in a matter of weeks if not days. Biocorp didn't hang around for long before leaving Ceto with just a couple of guards to stand watch, so mounting an attack on ASZ seems unlikely, although not impossible.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm: How long has this been a thing?

I'm not sure the old site is dead though.

epeli

Arcane
How long has this been a thing?

I'm not sure the old site is dead though.

The new site went up just a few hours ago. The devlogs were split by game (underrail/infusion) some months ago already. The old frontpage is still up but I'm not sure if there are any plans to keep updating it and the old feeds.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Styg didn't create a new thread here for that third Underrail Infusion update so I never saw it.
honkhonk.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom