Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sykar

Arcane
Nightmare? More like:
Panic-02-Blog.001.jpeg

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Speakin' a which, you guys any good spots for find a trainer for Stasis? I'm returning to my Chrono-Assassin Shadowman run and it's the last piece of the TM spellbook that eludes me. Wanna have all the tools available before I infiltrate Fort Apogee to assassinate Oliver and Cathcart.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Here is the sample build I came up with. I ran out of feats to pick at the end, but could someone who's actually played a Crit Swordsman take a look and lmk if I'm missing anything? Also, how do I go about maximizing my crit chance and damage? I saw some people throwing around crazy numbers in the 100+%s of crit damage multipliers.

Where is the build?
I'm retarded, I didn't post the link.
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUNB...zkxJsKMKgYSZ0tcwo3Ch-KdjQPin4QB4qe-CuKslwHfvw
This is basically it. The entire build will revolve around hitting enemies with Electrokinesis and Electrokinetic Imprint, and then once they get close, I pop the Tesla armor to add even more stacks of Psychostatic Elecricity then crit them all to death. After level 20, you have all the feats you need, and everything is just up to you in regards to Veteran feats and everything else. I'm eager to try it on Dominating.

CHEMS

Scholar
Speakin' a which, you guys any good spots for find a trainer for Stasis? I'm returning to my Chrono-Assassin Shadowman run and it's the last piece of the TM spellbook that eludes me. Wanna have all the tools available before I infiltrate Fort Apogee to assassinate Oliver and Cathcart.

AFAIK they only spawn after Research Facility. Then you can buy it from the doctor at SGS

Trashos

Arcane
I am noticing several tweaks and little changes that I like:
- The Core City Housing Corp dialogue tree seems to have been cleaned up. Much better now. They also moved my stuff from SGS to the Core City house. Awesome!
- The arena loot locker is great.
- I think, I THINK, that some annoying random encounters on the way from one city to another have disappeared? I hope so! I was always asking for the dangerous random encounters to be out of the way (if they should exist at all). Also, I haven't met those godawful random encounters that involved enemies attacking from stealth. I fucking hope those are gone forever.

(On the other hand, I am meeting random encounters where I wasn't used to meeting them, and naturally I have died to all of them.)

Possible bug?: After beating the Master Exploder in the arena, the Coretech messenger that was supposed to tell me to go meet the big boss did not show up for a while. I had to change screens a couple of times before he appeared.

Parabalus

Arcane
Here is the sample build I came up with. I ran out of feats to pick at the end, but could someone who's actually played a Crit Swordsman take a look and lmk if I'm missing anything? Also, how do I go about maximizing my crit chance and damage? I saw some people throwing around crazy numbers in the 100+%s of crit damage multipliers.

Where is the build?
I'm retarded, I didn't post the link.
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUNB...zkxJsKMKgYSZ0tcwo3Ch-KdjQPin4QB4qe-CuKslwHfvw
This is basically it. The entire build will revolve around hitting enemies with Electrokinesis and Electrokinetic Imprint, and then once they get close, I pop the Tesla armor to add even more stacks of Psychostatic Elecricity then crit them all to death. After level 20, you have all the feats you need, and everything is just up to you in regards to Veteran feats and everything else. I'm eager to try it on Dominating.

Why not drop will to 5 and max dex?
A lot of damage and skill points, not to mention THC.

Also, you'll be relying on LoS to the extremes, with 6 AGI and no stealth as a melee build.

Yaz

Learned
Also, I haven't met those godawful random encounters that involved enemies attacking from stealth. I fucking hope those are gone forever.

I've seen 4 Muggers who appear at random in Core City around Drop Zone. Sledge Mugger, Psi Mugger, Xbow and Knife one. All stealthed. You can plan for such cases with appropriate armour or stealth yourself, ect.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
One random encounter I had was about ten dead people loaded with guns, ammo, and armor. It was weird and in a tunnel near SGS.

Also, got a random dungeon just outside SGS but haven't accessed it yet. Looks potentially awesome, about a group of scavengers about to get ambushed.

CHEMS

Scholar
- I think, I THINK, that some annoying random encounters on the way from one city to another have disappeared? I hope so! I was always asking for the dangerous random encounters to be out of the way (if they should exist at all). Also, I haven't met those godawful random encounters that involved enemies attacking from stealth. I fucking hope those are gone forever.

Nope. Enjoy getting BTFO by a grenade by some random Ironhead when disembarking the train to Rail Crossing.

Trashos

Arcane
Well, the random encounter gameplay is just silly in this game. Stealth is not a solution, because you may pump into them (and I am psi too, so my stealth and PE are mediocre for a while, not to mention my terrible Initiative).

The worst part is that I like walking around in UR for no reason, which should be an accomplishment for any game, and such gameplay changes my mind. Is there anyone who actually finds this fun?

Yaz, CHEMS, does anything spawn outside Blaine now? Any random stealth enemies outside the Drop Zone?

Yaz

Learned
does anything spawn outside Blaine now? Any random stealth enemies outside the Drop Zone?

As far as I've seen only robots outside of Blaine's. I can't recall any stealthed randoms outside of Drop Zone. Maybe the random Lurker Sniper, but I really can't remember seeing those outside of the Halloween event.

Well, the random encounter gameplay is just silly in this game. Stealth is not a solution, because you may pump into them (and I am psi too, so my stealth and PE are mediocre for a while, not to mention my terrible Initiative).

They are stationary and occupy corners. You don't really need a lot of stealth to pass by. You could also make an appropriate set for walking around Drop Zone which, I am sure, will be useful for other parts of the game.

CHEMS

Scholar

The worst part is that I like walking around in UR for no reason, which should be an accomplishment for any game, and such gameplay changes my mind. Is there anyone who actually finds this fun?

Yaz, CHEMS, does anything spawn outside Blaine now? Any random stealth enemies outside the Drop Zone?

On my first playthrough i got ass blasted by an Arsonist outside Blaine's. https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Arsonist
Also, rogue plasma sentries there before even getting to GMS lol

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Guys have they stopped patching this game to work on the standalone or do I have to wait yet another five years?

Trashos

Arcane
Then I guess I have just gotten lucky in these 2 last playthroughs. Same silliness as always. The worst one I have ever gotten was a bandit (not the derailed knifemaster) attacking me from stealth outside Camp Hathor. But that was a long time ago and I do not know if it is still in.

Nevermind, I have been complaining about combat-oriented random encounters ever since they were introduced, and Styg is not listening. So it is what it is. I do not understand at all what he thinks this offers to the game.

(non-combat random encounters are a different matter, I do not mind those.)

CHEMS

Scholar
Then I guess I have just gotten lucky in these 2 last playthroughs. Same silliness as always. The worst one I have ever gotten was a bandit (not the derailed knifemaster) attacking me from stealth outside Camp Hathor. But that was a long time ago and I do not know if it is still in.

Nevermind, I have been complaining about combat-oriented random encounters ever since they were introduced, and Styg is not listening. So it is what it is. I do not understand at all what he thinks this offers to the game.

(non-combat random encounters are a different matter, I do not mind those.)

Was that Ol Chopper? He's not an random event, he'll be always there waiting to get killed for his unique Kukri knife.

Parabalus

Arcane
The wackiest I've seen is a goliathus at the Omega outposts, in the first quest Tanner gives you, in a random cave. Just nope.

The dungeon between junkyard is also noticeably harder than the surrounding content.

Trashos

Arcane
Was that Ol Chopper? He's not an random event, he'll be always there waiting to get killed for his unique Kukri knife.

Not Ol' Chopper, I had already killed him. It was a randomly spawned stealth enemy in the same screen. It was in the early days of random encounters, hopefully it is not in as a possibility anymore.

CHEMS

Scholar
The wackiest I've seen is a goliathus at the Omega outposts, in the first quest Tanner gives you, in a random cave. Just nope.

The dungeon between junkyard is also noticeably harder than the surrounding content.

I got that once. First you see the young azuridae and you're like "this shit's easy", then that fucking "WOOOOOOSH" sound that you hear when the goliathus cast spatial bullshit before frying your ass with interruption. Managed to cheese him with traps, gas and fire grenades. Cool area though, nice loot there. Don't know what's behind the agility check though.

Not Ol' Chopper, I had already killed him. It was a randomly spawned stealth enemy in the same screen. It was in the early days of random encounters, hopefully it is not in as a possibility anymore.

I absolutely hate stealthed knife faggots. Doesn't matter if you're level 30, they will make you reload the game.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom