Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
HOW did you do depot A without traps OR perception? Are you crying in a pile of your own feces after getting blown up by the 484641561654651 time? :P

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Throwing yes, little bit of traps for possible detection because perception is at 3.
Real men detect traps with their own body! Well, untill their trap skill gets increased through syngergy with lockpicking and mechanics. At around level 12 I started to detect traps even with 3 Perc and zero investement in the skill.

bati

Scholar
Is there any point of replaying the game other than the burning need to do a playtrough with a different character?

I'm on my way to Core City and everything feels pretty linear so far, which is great, it's a tighter experience because of it but is there a way to mix things up on another playtrough?

Yes, there are mutually exclusive faction options in the game. As for being linear - I'd say that after Rail Crossing (or even the drill quest) the linearity ceases to be a thing and you're free to do things in any order you want. Some builds can tackle content 5-10 levels higher with a little strategy (read: trap spam :lol:).

ArchAngel

Arcane

Wolfe

Arbiter
Is there any point of replaying the game other than the burning need to do a playtrough with a different character?

I'm on my way to Core City and everything feels pretty linear so far, which is great, it's a tighter experience because of it but is there a way to mix things up on another playtrough?
I'd like to know this as well.

hell bovine

Arcane
Crawlers BTFO: When the first Crawler gets you, cure the poison, run a nice distance back toward where you came from, then cast Electrokinetic Imprint at your feet. Crawler will walk into the Imprint after a few turms. If there are more, cast Electrokinetic Imprint at your feet, then cast Pyrokinesis fifteen yards ahead or so. Crawlers will hear the blast (and/or be caught in it), then bumble into the Imprint. Repeat as necessary.
Or just hug a wall and put a force field around you. Crawlers will crawl out and wait on the other side like a bunch of puppies.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I find myself rarely using Force Field because it blocks everyone's LOS. It's fantastic for recuperating/getting the enemies bunched up and whatnot, though.

Psi is turning out to be really handy because you can often fry groups of enemies before they blow their adrenaline shots and stimpaks. More loot!

circ

Arcane
circ
I consider Interloper a must. On top of the faster movement outside of combat, retaining some MP when you launch an ambush can be very helpful. Also, some enemies do have particularly high Detection, and Interloper will help you get closer more quickly and safely before initiating combat.

You branched out into Traps or Throwing yet? You'll almost certainly need one of them for versatility.
I tried Interloper, it didn't seem THAT much faster. Dunno. Read about Expose Weakness and it makes you hit harder vs heavily armored. Seeing as how I do 0 damage vs robots unless critting, that doesn't seem like a bad idea?

Lhynn

Arcane
Super steel plates mechanics are so shitty. its the third batch im making, ive spent 27k stygian coins on this and didnt get a decent plate. What im doing now is saving, then asking the npc to make me 3 more plates and coming back in an hour. If im not happy with what he makes i reload.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

I'd like to know this as well.

Besides joining different factions? Nope, not really. The replaybility is based almost entirely on the different builds.

MrJohnson

Educated
I tried Interloper, it didn't seem THAT much faster. Dunno. Read about Expose Weakness and it makes you hit harder vs heavily armored. Seeing as how I do 0 damage vs robots unless critting, that doesn't seem like a bad idea?
I feel like interloper is a must, because the speed boost in stealth is that exact time I need to slip by enemies at chokepoints.

Cortex_Reaver

Novice
I find myself rarely using Force Field because it blocks everyone's LOS. It's fantastic for recuperating/getting the enemies bunched up and whatnot, though.

Psi is turning out to be really handy because you can often fry groups of enemies before they blow their adrenaline shots and stimpaks. More loot!

Force field is a must for a melee psi build. Even if you are completely stuck out in the open you can make your own cover and let the enemies come to you.

Also, are there storyline reasons to go to the forge, or am I supposed to go there whenever I please?

Mystary!

Arcane
circ
I consider Interloper a must. On top of the faster movement outside of combat, retaining some MP when you launch an ambush can be very helpful. Also, some enemies do have particularly high Detection, and Interloper will help you get closer more quickly and safely before initiating combat.

You branched out into Traps or Throwing yet? You'll almost certainly need one of them for versatility.
Terrible idea, why would you want to risk making your own decisions?

Idiot momoent of the game. Spent probably 6 hours (not an exaggeration - I did a ton of exploring during) trying to get into Hephastus Research Center...

And I never clicked on the gate. Stupid idiot. Oh well - probably found 1 level worth of oddities while searching, so that's something.

ST'Ranger

Augur
Interloper is a 40% movespeed increase. Any character which actually relies on Stealth gets a more extreme benefit from this feat than any other single feat.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
A thought about re-playability with different builds:

Why not add a special "hidden stash" (which is detected by any player - i.e. LARP you found it when moving into your housing).
Items in this stash are then available across all characters. Sure, it seems powerful, because you can then skip crafting and whatnot, but after a playthrough, i think player would deserve it.

So buying the house would speed things up money-wise. You then don't have to loot/sell everything but just get that awesome item/charons from the crate.

Also piling up some oddities would be nice, so you don't have to explore every distant cave/remote locations again.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Just bought yet another copy and gifted it to a couple who are currently gaming together (Fallout, Lucas arts, etc) and will very likely love it. Spread 'dat unnerrrails.

Black_Willow

Arcane
What's the level cap? And can you max more than 8 skills (as indicated in wiki)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom