Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I’ve personally only played a handful of hours of the game so far
I'm not into this whole podcast thing, are all podcasters this dedicated to their craft?

Since shortly after the turn of the century, no game journalist—whether big-time or small potatoes, and regardless of format—can be bothered to actually play video games.

This is somewhat similar to how post-2010 female diversity hires at development studios can't be bothered to actually develop video games, let alone play them.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
First batch of three. There's a >140q in there, too. I've gone entire playthroughs without ever breaking 150q.

With luck like this,
maybe I should have tried a normie Evasion and Dodge build after all. :lol:
250520_20210405141926_1.png

jackofshadows

Magister
Did at level 14 on DOM, doable with traps and lots of gas grenades. Very fun fight.
Well, that was for brute force approach, wo any cheese didn't even have bear traps on me. Decided to kill them one by one with vanishing powder.

Blaine
B419D5402447AC8D245D22533639D2E0193BAC58

Current run :D from the second order, (realized that I don't need more charons, overdid that a little). Waiting for some lucky buy from the tatoo guy but the difference will be like 1-3% crit chance so barely worth it.

Overall, I like this build, currently https://underrail.info/build/?GgMQB...Cox0CQhdTS8OSwocGEsKFwrPCnisaw4jita4G4r2EBd-_
(the rest of SP will probably be invested in evasion :D aside from two main skills)

Setting up ambush procs is what makes it fun but unfortunately ambush instead of SI heavily reducing the chances of using melee approach. I should've investing in guns more in this case, would've saved some SP. Having insane burst and the ability to re-stealth sometimes even w/o powder thanks to interlooper is what makes it powerful. I'll post later my final version with adjustments in mind in the build's thread FWIW.

So SI-version, like Ol'Willy's for example is probably more fun overall since you way more often can choose between melee and ranged. Lack of insane burst damage though, have to rely on CC etc.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
First batch of three. There's a >140q in there, too. I've gone entire playthroughs without ever breaking 150q.

With luck like this,
maybe I should have tried a normie Evasion and Dodge build after all. :lol:
View attachment 18815
you're like the world champ of missing the point

congrats, you've played through the game, pushed through all its challenges with retard determination while punching 20 new holes in the drywall - and now, after everything is dead and nothing can really stop you after a few quickloads, you can finally make your one piece of SS kit that's good for... oh, nothing... but you definitely need it for- mmm, shit

WOW what build, so smart, major investment!

DZTXhmC.gif

lmao @ you charon hoarding spaz, I even guessed the sum right before deducting kitting out your house - I know you better than you do

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
you're like the world champ of missing the point

congrats, you've played through the game, pushed through all its challenges with retard determination while punching 20 new holes in the drywall - and now, after everything is dead and nothing can really stop you after a few quickloads, you can finally make your one piece of SS kit that's good for... oh, nothing... but you definitely need it for- mmm, shit

WOW what build, so smart, major investment!

DZTXhmC.gif

lmao @ you charon hoarding spaz, I even guessed the sum right before deducting kitting out your house - I know you better than you do

Your point is directed at a straw man, so naturally it keeps on missing me. I don't have to evade it; besides, I wouldn't make such a poor investment when not being there in the first place is a much better strategy.

My build is practically deterministic. I can't even remember the last time I had to quickload a battle. Yours, on the other hand—if you ever post it, that is, not that there's any real need—clearly obliges you to reload every time you get a couple of bad die rolls.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The Pickpocketing-related conclusion to the (very minor) Ethan quest line took me completely by surprise. That was pretty cool.

In fact, one way to elevate Underrail to truly legendary status would be to have more stuff like that. It really makes the world come to life.

jackofshadows

Magister
. Decided to kill them one by one with vanishing powder.
Congratulations, they're very tough. Especially the time manipulation one. Did you like the belt?
I killed two of them on a first try actually but then the lazor guy killed me. Vengeance buff they getting is quite strong. So I decided to play it safe.

Yeah, belt seem very cool and begs for a little dedicated bulldozer rampage run but since these guys are spawns at random...

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The Pickpocketing-related conclusion to the (very minor) Ethan quest line took me completely by surprise. That was pretty cool.

In fact, one way to elevate Underrail to truly legendary status would be to have more stuff like that. It really makes the world come to life.

UnderRail's definitely got some of the best little narrative twists I've seen in a while. Both the ones with Ethan and Ezra were enough to make me stop and pause for a second.

CHEMS

Scholar

I really dislike Ethan. I make sure to pickpocket his watch so i get to make him pay in lead for what he had done.

Depot A without subterfuge is hell tier.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
you can finally make your one piece of SS kit that's good for... oh, nothing... but you definitely need it for- mmm, shit

By the way, from that one SS production run, I crafted these in addition to infused pig boots (which are QoL/convenience):

250520_20210405231848_1.png
250520_20210405231852_1.png

So these two out of the three pieces of supposedly useless kit I just made will massively increase my real-time movement speed, confer +2 AGI, cut my Sprint cooldown in half, and confer 61 MP. The set offers less nominal +Stealth than a black tactical coat and tabi, but the +2 AGI, foam padding, and lower armor penalty more than make up for it.

The downside is lower mech resistance/threshold and no bonus versus bullets, but that doesn't matter (nor do the tabis' wasted dodge and evasion bonuses) because I don't plan to let enemies shower me with bullets.

CHEMS

Scholar
you guyz are useless, still waiting on yell upgrade info

I instantly got monstrous yell when i entered the blocked section of the sewers. But i stopped playing halfway through, it's bullshit. How am i supposed to deal with 2 industrial bots as a mutant? Can't stealth by them, can't hurt them.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
you guyz are useless, still waiting on yell upgrade info

I instantly got monstrous yell when i entered the blocked section of the sewers. But i stopped playing halfway through, it's bullshit. How am i supposed to deal with 2 industrial bots as a mutant? Can't stealth by them, can't hurt them.
did you try to... yell at them :happytrollboy:

Once you finish the puzzle in that area it sets off electricity that kills everything, so if you can stealth to the side consoles you might be able to drug up and run to the middle console. Maybe. Mutant stats really suck so it's hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom