Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
What people was the Sormibaeren based on? They ressemble african natives a bit.

You don't know any African natives or anything about them, though.

The names/language obviously echo some faux-Scandi, but their 'lore' such as it is seems to just melt a lot of generic tropes.

I'm talking about the overall aesthetics, not the language.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Not gonna lie, the native attack stuff is annoying as hell. Takes ages to resolve the combat because there are so many of them, it gets boring.

The worst part, that is consensus here, is the fact that they can snipe you out of line of sight

Not only that, but aegis sec troopers are fucking retarded, won't chase the crossbowmen. Instead they just sit there like sitting ducks taking darts to the face and missing their shots.
Sec-troopers won't go past a certain point, which is good because otherwise they would all run into player's traps. NPCs are also typically smart enough to break LoS if there's a corner very close to them, at least when fighting the player. Not a whole lot of corners on that map, though.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh, dear. It's been many hours, and I've just remembered that Todd is still waiting in the submarine....

...at least he has plenty of company. :troll:

Welp, only one thing to do!

mr_outsider.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
How'd you open the door without killing Todd? Something for my next playthrough.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I never found out where those other people talking to him were coming from. He was inbred due to the isolation, wasn't he? And what the shadow thing coming out of Magnus and in the underground base were.

Worse yet, there was some area with 10 turrets and a keypad in one of these ruins, so I backtracked near the end of the expansion and couldn't remember where it was. Bummer.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it possible to tackle Underrail blind and figure out a build on your own?

Yes.

I mean, you obviously need to plan ahead for stats, feats and shit.

You can do that before actually playing, cause all the feats are available at @ creation.

My main advice is - start on normal, then go to Hard only when you feel combat became too easy and boring.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I never found out where those other people talking to him were coming from. He was inbred due to the isolation, wasn't he?
He was the last Lemurian there, his wife was the last Atlantean. Both groups died off until only two of them were left, then his wife died during childbirth and the guy went completely mental, creating new reality for himself based on his childhood. Strong Shutter Island vibes in there

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I think that's just pixels on the ground that make it look like that.

You ruined the fun. I though it was really the dick...

Can't see a fist/knife build work there.

Gloves with p.hammer could do that. Gloves could be made from metal...

Just looking for input from people who've been playing around with the updated throwing knives.

I didn't but there are a few guys doing that at discord. So, armor is a problem, but now you have throwing vials of acid for that.
Also, t. knifes has great crowd control with all the poison they have - aslo Black Dragon poison to make psionics completely harmless.
They were hard but doable before the update, now they are OK.

So lockpicking could be safely dumped, leave it just for opening vents if you dont have strength.

3 Str+2 from Junkyard Surprise+2 from Adrenaline+1 from Rathound Regalia = 8 enough for every vent I belive.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
3 Str+2 from Junkyard Surprise+2 from Adrenaline+1 from Rathound Regalia = 8 enough for every vent I belive.

You will really go through hassle of equipping all that just to open a vent? Adrenaline is pretty common, but changing outfits is cumbersome, especially if you stealth. 100% autist power gamer will of course dont mind the hassle :)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
My main advice is - start on normal, then go to Hard only when you feel combat became too easy and boring.
dunno... long time ago i started on normal and was quite sad about it. I mean it was just one of many early game restarts but still

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Any tips on what a good all-around medium armor for expeditions would look like? So far I've had to deal with poison a lot, obviously, but that is relegated to mechanical threshold, not bio damage.

CHEMS

Scholar
Any tips on what a good all-around medium armor for expeditions would look like? So far I've had to deal with poison a lot, obviously, but that is relegated to mechanical threshold, not bio damage.

Bison leather, Sea Wyrm Leather or a Tac Vest with a good quality panel.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
no such thing as one size fit them all. You got jetski, use its trunk to carry a bunch.

blast cloth against nagas for sure.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
You will really go through hassle of equipping all that just to open a vent? Adrenaline is pretty common, but changing outfits is cumbersome, especially if you stealth. 100% autist power gamer will of course dont mind the hassle :)

Not to mention that Junkyard Surprise yields randomized stats.

But yeah, that is how some people think: "I'll just eat this food, take this medicine, put on this belt, and swap to this piece of armor that I speed-ran to ASAP every time I need to do that thing. What's your excuse for not dumping that useless skill?"

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

Chemical Assault Unit Armor + Biohazard Boots + Coretech Tactical Respirator = 100% acid and 100% bio resistance with minimal penalties (compared to the alternatives), a few bonuses, and okay mech resistance. The serpents will still poison you (try Irongut), but it does block the biohazardous portion of locust spines and also allows you to walk amidst clouds of insecticide gas. It may also block sea serpent rusting acid; I'm not sure, because I chose not to fight any due to the fact that it's pointless for my build, and I'm playing Classic (sea wyrms drop oddities).

That, by the way, is one of the flaws of the Oddity system: You can be compelled to hunt shit just for oddities. Oddity fetishists are so deluded about this that they insist the Cave Dragon Tail oddity will be acquired naturally, even though there's never any compelling reason to kill a single cave hopper. Clearly, a system that forces you to grind creatures for no other reason than XP is, like, totally inclined and superior. Besides, Styg designed it, and he's always right, like when he implemented the psi nerf no one asked for nor likes.

Also bring a 100% heat resistance suit and some molotovs. There are a couple of areas flooded with cryogas.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Going blind on oddity? You must like pain

Doing the same here, currently level 6 and just cleared Omega. Security bots were a bit of a pita for my current pure psi setup but once I understood they would beeline to any location I was seen by the cameras, I easily grouped them and killed the bunch with one Emp+HE+Pyrokinesis.

Currently trying to decide if it's worth to haul an additional trip of loot with my meager 3 STR. Iirc I can safely drop and leave items near vendors, right?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Currently trying to decide if it's worth to haul an additional trip of loot with my meager 3 STR. Iirc I can safely drop and leave items near vendors, right?

Yes, you can leave anything anywhere—containers, jet skis, piles on the ground, corpses, you name it—and it will stay there forever.

That being said, the newly implemented random encounters might be able to delete stuff in order to make room for their props and such, but you probably won't need to worry about that in cities/near vendors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom