Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone can post Mutant walkthough and outcomes. (With Stasis guy and Kharon)

CHEMS

Scholar
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

I tried to be cheeky during the Gauntlet run. Planted some TNT and lured all the crawlers onto it.

This room is a instant reload for me. So fucking annoying.

Also, i always cheat the gauntlet casting stasis on the last room. You mad, Styg?

:troll:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Also, does anyone else wish infused leather did something extra for fist weapons? Like, Infused Sea Wyrm leather doing something some fist damage, or acid damage, or bypassing a portion of resistance, etc.

CHEMS

Scholar
Also, does anyone else wish infused leather did something extra for fist weapons? Like, Infused Sea Wyrm leather doing something some fist damage, or acid damage, or bypassing a portion of resistance, etc.
I wish leather components would do something in the damage output on leather gloves.\

Zeem

Learned
Might as well shill something I made.
https://github.com/Z3em/underrail-mutagen-puzzle-solver
A multithreaded solver for the DC mutagen puzzle. You write down your reagents and target compound into a txt file (like the one in the repo) and feed the file to solver. You can adjust how many threads it can use (speeds up computation on multicore systems) and the maximum number of reagents it can string together (as it needs to stop at some point if it can't find a solution).
It's a command line tool written in Python 3, so you're gonna have to have the interpreter installed.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
How'd you do threading in Python with the GIL?

What I did back in the days was to run a depth-first search allowing between 1-3 cycles, with up to depth 2-4 in between, all with iterative deepening. Also Python.

Code:
if hasattr(other, "negativeAtoms")

Just use an array with positive and negative indices.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hmm. I just created an infused Sea Wyrm serpent armor that, combined with the infused boots and lifting belt has made me immune to stock melee damage. Magnar fucked me up with Expose Weakness. But aside from him, NOTHING with base mechanical damage, man or beast, has hurt me.

upload_2021-5-25_10-53-24.png

upload_2021-5-25_10-53-57.png

upload_2021-5-25_10-56-11.png
upload_2021-5-25_10-53-24.png upload_2021-5-25_10-53-57.png upload_2021-5-25_10-56-11.png

Zeem

Learned
How'd you do threading in Python with the GIL?
Absolutely nothing because I wasn't even aware of it. Well, I did use threading module, but with GIL it's completely pointless. I'm gonna replace it with multiprocessing module, shouldn't be too much work. At least now I know why I never encountered a potential race condition that could lower the number of active threads due to an empty queue.
What I did back in the days was to run a depth-first search allowing between 1-3 cycles, with up to depth 2-4 in between, all with iterative deepening. Also Python.
I just went with a breadth-first search. Better performance in cases where solution is short and it's easy to parallelize with only a single queue shared between threads.
Just use an array with positive and negative indices.
Nut sure I get what you mean. How would that work?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Nut sure I get what you mean. How would that work?

Convert atoms into indices, like [HURR DURR HACKEM MUCHE], then index as 1, 2, 3, 4 and -1, -2, -3, -4 for negative atoms. Then you can keep the visited list as a fixed-size byte array, reducing allocator pressure and speeding up copying.

Tygrende

Arbiter
cave wizrdry is never interesting
Most psi abilities and taser are the only things that are deterministic when it comes to hitting, shouldn't you love it?
mechanical threshold can reach 100%?
Threshold has no cap, but you seem to be confusing it with resistance. Mechanical resistance is the only one capped at 95%.

Damage reduction on the other hand (my own term, there's no official term for it, but I'm talking about the % reduction that happens after DR/DT such as that from Conditioning, Morphine, Irongut, etc.) has no cap for any damage type. It's possible to achieve short-term mech immunity by stacking it to 100%. Immunity to everything as a matter of fact if you do one specific combo.

Tygrende

Arbiter
wyrm leathers are heavy though.

Insanely heavy. It makes me think about a potential Mangler styled build though. Something that is strength focused with Psychokenesis and fists. I know it's not really optimal, so it would be played on Normal, but still it's a fun idea.
That's what psi monks are. And wyrm isn't really insanely heavy. It's tank territory, but it's actually possible to stay well below 95% AP, as opposed to full tungsten that is like 3 digits above 95%.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Most psi abilities and taser are the only things that are deterministic when it comes to hitting, shouldn't you love it?
'i win' button is the pinacle of determinism and yet I never play with it.
Psi is hardly the "I win" button it used to be. It's just strong now.
it does trigger my larp alerts though. Psi feels like not rly being part of system - as you mentioned deterministic, cant be mitigated and so on. It would be nicer if PC couldnt learn it and just face some rare enemies giving you trouble.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I was just going through Lemuria and the Black Sea. You know, Styg and co. managed to make an area that was more atmospheric and interesting and wonderous, while at the same time unique and artistic and believable from a perspective of aesthetics, A twisted kind of Grecian ideal if you will, than anything Levine and the Original Bioshock team was able to come up with. I mean fuck.

Good show everyone.

Zeem

Learned
I was just going through Lemuria and the Black Sea. You know, Styg and co. managed to make an area that was more atmospheric and interesting and wonderous, while at the same time unique and artistic and believable from a perspective of aesthetics, A twisted kind of Grecian ideal if you will, than anything Levine and the Original Bioshock team was able to come up with. I mean fuck.

Good show everyone.
I like how Lemurian style and its pitfalls are acknowledged by the characters in-universe. Makes me very curious as to what the culture was like in Underrail during the heyday of Old Biocorp.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Very much so. It was definitely a culture that epitomized form over function. It's actually the complete opposite of that old soviet stylings you see throughout the old eastern bloc.

I mean when you think about it, Old Biocorp might very well have been that opposite in style of function over form, though it's difficult to tell due to 200 years of Biocorp not existing as it was.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-6-2_14-36-41.png

FOR FUCK'S SAKE
I just want the game to be fucking over and instead I get more bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom