Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Zariusz

Arbiter
I hope that using SMGs with riot shields (that would affect our bullet defense) would be possible in future. Cleaning corridors like that would be glorious
80rPS0T.jpg

Styg

How is development on UR: Infusion coming along?

Do you have any tentative dates for like alpha build or beta builds?

On infusion is being worked every day, it's coming along.
But don't expect it soon, neither alpha or beta builds, there are a lot of changes on the engine that it will take time until we have something concrete to show.
It's not our style to hype with features in games and than not having anything good to show in the end. caught caught cyberpunk caught caught
Is there a possibility for a modding support after Infusion?

Zeem

Learned
I hope that using SMGs with riot shields (that would affect our bullet defense) would be possible in future. Cleaning corridors like that would be glorious
80rPS0T.jpg

Styg

But don't expect it soon, neither alpha or beta builds, there are a lot of changes on the engine that it will take time until we have something concrete to show.
It's not our style to hype with features in games and than not having anything good to show in the end. caught caught cyberpunk caught caught
More weapon subclasses in general would be glorious. Machine pistols, revolvers, battle rifles, carbines, full-size MGs, maybe even mounted weapons.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer

No official modding tools at release, but we develop the engine so it has some mod possibilities, not to go into details, styg has the last word on that.

More weapon subclasses in general would be glorious. Machine pistols, revolvers, battle rifles, carbines, full-size MGs, maybe even mounted weapons.
^^
One of the main reasons we choose 3d for the characters, made some juicy tests, stronger, faster, more, huahahaha....

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Crossing my fingers for more creative new modifications for melee weapons down the line. My one true wish is for a gizmo that allows for the construction of chain-bladed melee weapons; Buzz-Daggers, Chain-Machetes, Saw-Spears etc. Would be great for bleed builds as an alternative to the energy-edge. As well as more hyper build-specific mods like the flight wings for the spears.
external-content-duckduckgo-com.jpg
external-content-duckduckgo-com.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

No official modding tools at release, but we develop the engine so it has some mod possibilities, not to go into details, styg has the last word on that.

Since the expansion's release, the game has lots of modding potential in terms of standalone dungeons and additional rivers. The abandoned waterway facility gave me some ideas.

Styg was very protective of his intellectual property, so i wouldn't count on mod support, unless external hooking/api[hence team would need to make editor] is created.

There's been no reverse engineering effort as each patch changes the executable. But the obfuscated code is readable. It's only identifiers that are changed randomly. It's not like releasing a map and item editor would cause any problems for him.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
It's not like releasing a map and item editor would cause any problems for him.

actually it is, you cannot release some stitched together winform with weird fixer buttons and so bad formating its not usable for anything thats not 1080p or 1440p.
just getting the editor in shape would be a couple of month long job, its just not feassiable. We have more important work to do than that.

Just to put those 'you just release your tools' saying to rest, one is a commercial tool and the other a working tool.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Styg

There would be some answers about questions not being answered in original game?

Like what is Cube exactly?
Why Six/Tanner wants it?
Who is 3rd Godmen?
What happened to Surface?
What is Flottsomir? etc etc etc

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
It's not like releasing a map and item editor would cause any problems for him.

actually it is, you cannot release some stitched together winform with weird fixer buttons and so bad formating its not usable for anything thats not 1080p or 1440p.
just getting the editor in shape would be a couple of month long job, its just not feassiable. We have more important work to do than that.

Just to put those 'you just release your tools' saying to rest, one is a commercial tool and the other a working tool.

Thank you for taking the time to address that.

Like what is Cube exactly?
Why Six/Tanner wants it?
Who is 3rd Godmen?
What happened to Surface?
What is Flottsomir? etc etc etc

Read this. There's likely nothing more (in the base game at least) that hasn't already been inferred: <https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=2260.0>.

Flottsormir, as emitted by the deep sea monolith, is theorized to be a 'Leviathan'. Godmen's enemy and equal. Could it be that the rock the Faceless are made of is of Leviathan nature, then? So they're derived from all the three species, in that case.

Surface is unspecified. In this thread we were theorizing that the surface is extremely cold (nuclear winter?), due to the utility tower thing. It's likely to reach the surface. Assume some 2.5+ meters (or more, arbitrarily) per tower floor, then count the floors...

Last edited:

Tygrende

Arbiter
Does anyone know if the Juggernaut Feat applies if you're playing Nimble Can? Tygrende
It applies if your armor suit (not the total from all slots) has 50% or more AP. Reductions from nimble and body weight do not count as they do not modify the penalty of the armor itself, but armor sloping will. So not something for a nimble can, really. You will be way below 50% on the armor.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks for the info, that being said, running Tank on Dom is rough. Even with 8 Con, you have less than 300 health base at level 17, and even less than that with a Psi empathy feat. I haven't bumped my Con to 9 yet with the requisite tank feats, nor do I have a fully crafted piece of armor, but still! I know someone ran a tank build on Dom and they were nigh unkillable, but outside of that, is it normal for me to feel so squishy?

ciox

Liturgist
I dunno, when I made Exoskeletal Wretch he had CON 3 and Psi Empathy, precisely to lean on the metal armor (the "exoskeleton") for tanking as much as possible.
Worked pretty well, even as a Psi user I got smacked around a lot due to being slow, and usually survived, reloading the game much less than on builds with less armor and more constitution.
The biggest threat was enemy psykers, as is usual with metal guys.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Thanks for the info, that being said, running Tank on Dom is rough. Even with 8 Con, you have less than 300 health base at level 17, and even less than that with a Psi empathy feat. I haven't bumped my Con to 9 yet with the requisite tank feats, nor do I have a fully crafted piece of armor, but still! I know someone ran a tank build on Dom and they were nigh unkillable, but outside of that, is it normal for me to feel so squishy?
Base HP is just that, a base you can squeeze a lot more out of with other things. Tanks should generally wear regen vests, that's already hundreds more HP over up to 10 turns. Aegis+morphine is the classic combo that provides 65% damage reduction vs. everything. You can get a lot more vs. specific things with things like irongut for bio, etc. You just gotta stack, no different than damage.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Currently workshopping a Dex/Agility-Psychokinesis based unarmed build for when the next update drops. Is there any point to raising Dodge past the threshold needed for Fancy Footwork, Uncanny Dodge and Escape Artist? I was thinking 50-60 abouts just for some additional defensiveness.

Trashos

Arcane
It depends what else you can do with those skill points, but generally nah.

Btw, I took Uncanny Dodge for the first time evah on my current glove build, and I basically wasted a feat. I should have taken Blindsiding instead. The glove build generally rocks (I mostly use The Claw, but I also took a late Versatility for certain situations). I think it is the most powerful build I have played.

-----
As much as I like the expansion, the Waterways are boring, man. Any very cool places I may be missing there? NO CRAWLERS.

I think the Waterways is a prime example of how random events and quests are hurting the game. They do not have enough content to be interesting. I say cut the randomness, make all the random merchants/quests normal merchants/quests, and take it from there.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
How much Pickpocket do you need to effectively steal items, such as the unique bandana from Cruzer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom