Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Tygrende

Arbiter
How much Pickpocket do you need to effectively steal items, such as the unique bandana from Cruzer?
You can't steal the bandana because it's an equipped item. Though pickpocketing can be used to get it without fighting Cruzer by stealing the radio from the pirate spy, thus getting him killed by Aegis and free to loot. You can also get it if you side with the pirates by getting him killed in the Rig raid.

But to answer the original question - about 40 is enough to steal common drugs. About 80 is enough for plenty of oddities and other things. About 100 should be enough for everything that matters. This is all base, which can be boosted with a DnD drink that gives +15 pickpocket.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You can't steal the bandana because it's an equipped item. Though pickpocketing can be used to get it without fighting Cruzer by stealing the radio from the pirate spy, thus getting him killed by Aegis and free to loot. You can also get it if you side with the pirates by getting him killed in the Rig raid.

Won't that prevent me from joining the pirates though? The trigger for joining them is an option to "negotiate" following the kidnapping.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Won't that prevent me from joining the pirates though? The trigger for joining them is an option to "negotiate" following the kidnapping.
yes.
Basically you cant get that bandana as a pirate, unless you go murder hobo on your fellows mates

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Basically you cant get that bandana as a pirate, unless you go murder hobo on your fellows mates

There's a raid with Cruzer. I can probably manage to get him killed and loot the bandana from the wreck.
the one to destroy sonar? Possibly, I was always doing that one solo. Potentially will have to be sneaky about it as looting his corpse can be considered stealing from a pirate

Tygrende

Arbiter

There's a raid with Cruzer. I can probably manage to get him killed and loot the bandana from the wreck.
Just as I said. They will all get slaughtered easily without your help (at least on DOM because there's an industrial bot), so getting the bandana really isn't a problem.

Trashos

Arcane
Have the psi crabs been buffed or what?
At the Blistering Shores Research Facility, I turned the power on without having woken up any crabs (I have 300+ stealth). So the Natives came in to ambush me investigate, but I was hiding and they fought with the crabs instead. The crabs slaughtered them! After that fight was over, I summoned the Strongmen, thinking they would easily dispose of the remaining injured psi crabs. The crabs won again!

When all was said and done, I only fought 3 injured psi crabs at the end, standing on a pile of dead Natives and Strongmen.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Have the psi crabs been buffed or what?
At the Blistering Shores Research Facility, I turned the power on without having woken up any crabs (I have 300+ stealth). So the Natives came in to ambush me investigate, but I was hiding and they fought with the crabs instead. The crabs slaughtered them! After that fight was over, I summoned the Strongmen, thinking they would easily dispose of the remaining injured psi crabs. The crabs won again!

When all was said and done, I only fought 3 injured psi crabs at the end, standing on a pile of dead Natives and Strongmen.
That's pretty normal. Psi crabs counter both natives and strongmen with very high mech DR and stuns.

Trashos

Arcane
In my previous playthroughs I would have the Strongmen fight the Natives first, and then the remaining Strongmen would fight the crabs. The Strongmen would win both fights, even though they had been weakened before fighting the crabs.

Now I tried having the crabs fight everyone, and they won over fully healthy Strongmen! I just thought it was unexpected.

Trashos

Arcane
- I visited the Utility Tower. Good case of "Show, don't tell" lore. That said, the fact that the surface is frozen came out of the blue for me (other than what I had read here), as I have not seen it mentioned in the rest of the game.
I couldn't get into the windy spot with the gear I had, so I don't know if there were more locations that I didn't see or whether that was the last floor.

- I think that character speed has been decreased in the latest version, and I am 100% certain that overweight penalty has been increased dramatically. This leads to overweight characters being extremely slow even at 5x speed. Say, try to carry the jet ski engines at JSHQ over creeper webs, and it takes forever. We asked for 5x speed so that we don't have to be that slow, remember? This should certainly be changed back.

- I crafted gear to reach 100% bio resistance, and I went to Gas the Drones.
It doesn't work, you are still mutated if you step into the gas, even with 100% bio resistance.

Zariusz

Arbiter
W8JVPN2.png

KMDXvIb.png

IBMsMAj.png

xmTriH9.png

Ahh finally...
All dirty serpent fucking savages have been eradicated, i ransacked all their homes, temples and graves and now i have unlimited amount of healing drugs and satisfaction.
Finally i can explore ruins of Lemuria without worrying about my bros at expedition camp dying from poisoned arrows or being massacred by some half naked cave niggers high on powdered radioactive snake cum.

:positive:

Its a shame that i cant brag about it to Marcus and good'ol Ladelman...

WHERE IS MY FUCKING BONUS PAYCHECK BRIGGS

Last edited:

Scrounger

Educated
- I visited the Utility Tower. Good case of "Show, don't tell" lore. That said, the fact that the surface is frozen came out of the blue for me

I had one character with high perception that talked with Yahota on the top of the lighthouse. After PER check she showed me local landmarks that could be seen from the top. In one description there was a giant hole in the ceiling with a Cold! air current that blew away the colonies of bats, also the top of the lighthouse was a very chilly place....
It's not much but it peaked some spark in me that something was not quite right.

Also on the side note, I think it was mentioned somewhere but as far as I know, 5x speed doesn't do anything if you are overweight.
To be precise, when you are on jet and/or overweight speed is always 1x despite what you've set.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
- I visited the Utility Tower. Good case of "Show, don't tell" lore. That said, the fact that the surface is frozen came out of the blue for me

I had one character with high perception that talked with Yahota on the top of the lighthouse. After PER check she showed me the local landmarks that could be seen from the top. In one description there was a giant hole in the ceiling with a Cold! air current that blew away the colonies of bats, also the top of the lighthouse was a very chilly place....
It's not much but it peaked some spark in me that something was not right.

Also on the side note, I think it was mentioned somewhere but as far as I know, 5x speed doesn't do anything if you are overweight.
To be precise, when you are on jet and/or overweight speed is always 1x despite what you've set.

When you explore that cave near Nexus Of Technology you can find giant room with something that sounds like wind.

Andrej

Liturgist
So I never have posted much, nor at all for the past 10 years. Now I'm playing underrail (with expansion) and just got to railroad crossing and... I've got to say, the game is simply amazing.

I'm amazed at the interconnectedness of caves after you start blowing stuff up with TNT. The ambience, the music, the sound - it's great. The writing is quite minimalistic which I think is great - it gets the point across, and you don't need to read prose.

I played it years ago and i think it was in early access and just got to junktown, but now - i've become completely hooked. Just exploring and quaffing ten million antidotes against Crawlers and running at random around corners in hope of bumping into the damned stealthed things.

And god damn the game is hard (or my build is shit/ i am shit at the game), but even with a limitless weightcapacaty-cheat (and therefore almost unlimited wealth) i'm constantly being bested in combat encounters.

Styg You made me recover my ancient Codex account and the will to post just by how great the game is. Especially the exploration is the best i've played scince... Since i played Might and Magic VI as a 13-14 year old. And having played MMVI recently-ish, I can say that Underrail's exploration is just better because of the interconnectedness of things. GREAT WORK!

Zariusz

Arbiter
So in practice i just finished Expedition...
I killed everything from crabs, spiders and snakes to pirates and demon worshiping savages and also i got killed by everything that could kill me. I went to every hole that i could find, i ransacked everything that i could find and i sold all of that to Marcus and Ladelman.
Sadly i fucked up and i killed Ingwar so no barbarian lore but i got all 3 philosophy levels from good'ol Ferryman, since im a musical brainlet i had to use certain site to get my codes for that decoding puzzle... eh probably im not even going to use that sonic gun heh
Poor Todd, probably im going to send him to professor but maybe Ferryman would be better who knows, but to be honest anything would be better than being alone in underwater station surrounded only by your dead family, madness and neighborhood of a certain eldtrich artifact. But that is what you get for making Skyrim. Now i don't have any idea what should i do with Acorn

Damn that was a glorious expansion or should i say that expansion was dominatin bre
I only wish for more adventures with Dude and possibility for repairing that Biocorp battleship so we could have somewhat mobile home base

Its a shame that probably we are going to wait for Infusion another 3 years if not more.
:negative:

Trashos

Arcane
Oh fuck, why are the hatches in Hollow Earth blocked?! When did that take place, they weren't blocked last time I played DC.

Trashos

Arcane
So, it looks like the DC part of the game has been made harder in this latest version, at least on the difficulty I am playing (Hard- and btw the reason why I do not play Dominating is exactly because of DC). The hatches are now inaccessible, there are more burrowers outside Arke and who knows what else comes later.

These changes are ill-advised, and make the worst part of the game even more annoying. It is not that big of a deal to me, as I do not like DC and can easily cut it out of my playthroughs, but why make something bad even worse.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I was thinking about classic exp and oddity systems, what if we had hybrid mode (somewhat simillar to AOD) where more physical stats and feats would depend on combat exp and more knowledge based stats and feats would be dependent on oddity. Its seems natural for me that combat would make you with time stronger and examining hundreds weird fragments of lore etc. would expand your knowledge about world. Could this work?

ThewDev

Novice
Could this work?
It certainly could work if balanced correctly, but then would you remove XP for picking locks or disarming traps? What about quest XP? There would definitely be a bunch of additional things to consider.

I think a more straightforward way to do a hybrid system would be to take the current “Classic” and reduce the amount of XP from kills and increase the XP from oddities.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I'm in DC right now and all the hatches are open, don't feel there's more burrowers outside Arke either. I'm on DOM.

Trashos

Arcane
I'm in DC right now and all the hatches are open, don't feel there's more burrowers outside Arke either. I'm on DOM.

The hatches are definitely not open in my game. I am there right now. When I try to access them, it says "blocked". I tried 2 of them (I think there is a 3rd one somewhere, but I don't remember where it is). Are you on latest version?

Not sure whether I have triggered this somehow, but I don't think I have done something different than usual.

jackofshadows

Magister
Trashos I was in DC last time in may (DOM) and hatches were fine. Can you provide some screens or vid? I'm curious but pretty sure it's just a weird bug. Undocumented random-roll-at-the-start-change? Possibly with the Godlike absolute madman as the head dev, sure but I still doubt about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom