Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Trashos

Arcane
Here is the image with the blocked hatch:

Fear not, because my infinite cognitive ability *eventually* figured out how to open it (and you will realize why I am talking like that once you find the "issue"). You can maybe figure it out by looking at the image. I will let you work on it.

Trashos

Arcane
Damn, I am an idiot.

In my defense, UR doors do not work like that in real time. Anyway, I needed a good laugh after dealing with all the Arke BS.

Scrounger

Educated
I actually had one REALLY good idea about magnetically sealed hatches that you could open only with a special tool (which you had to find first)
Ah yes, with a limited uses too, lol

Tygrende

Arbiter
Crowbars OP!
Tygrende, what is the Thought Control investment about?
I had spare points I didn't know what to do with and decided to invest in TC purely for pseudo-spatial projection. It came in handy a few times. I expected to use it on Magnar with 100% DR vs. melee to avoid his Expose Weakness and it did end up working, but was pretty unreliable so I came up with the kiting strat instead.

Endemic

Arcane
Styg [developer] 30 Jun @ 1:15pm
Version 1.1.4.0

Styg [developer] 2 Jul @ 12:37pm
Version 1.1.4.1

Styg [developer] 6 Jul @ 3:00pm
Version 1.1.4.2

Styg [developer] 8 Jul @ 1:57pm
Version 1.1.4.3

Styg [developer] 15 Jul @ 3:21pm
Version 1.1.4.4

Fixing things is nice but can you settle down Styg? I want to play the game without a major balance change every week :P

Zariusz

Arbiter
Great now i cant reverse it because i overwritten my save from before
:negative:
Ehh anyway, i feel some kind of emptyness. Expedition was so good, characters, lore, atmosphere, locations, music, exploring ruins of "ancient" lost civilisation and now exploring basic Underraill lost some of its magic in comparison (even more because of my old decisions i missed things like Oculites, and those decisions are very old because this save is from 2019 (or maybe even from 2016, im not sure if i restarted game in 2019 or continued from Junkyard)). Going to now empty expedition base is kinda sad, i had there so much loot that i lost over 2 hours WITH Juice, just to transport it back to Core City (well since i didnt have home then i just dumped everything to certain barrel near weapons shop on merchants level). But if Expedition was so much better than normal Underrail then i cant even imagine what Infusion will be...

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been wondering now, about Anton, Kirill, and the Dude.

They're all essentially ageless. Now, it's a fact that by the time it fell, Biocorp was genetically engineering practically everyone destined for roles of any level of import.

I've always previously felt that John Dyson and Anton Matveev, the Dude and Ezra respectively, were either successful in their quests for immortality via mutagen exposure like Wyatt Pear (or another means maybe).

Now, with Kirill and Slavkovak appearing in game, I'm beginning to wonder if they were successful or are just INCREDIBLY long lived due to successful genetic engineering by Slavkovak.

Technically, by the time they were Apex Technocrats, Kirill and Anton were at least middle aged. Or at least close to it. And based on descriptions from Oculus, neither Anton or Kirill have aged at all.

That makes me think the three of them, Anton, Kirill, and the Dude, discovered paths to immortality, possibly via mutagen due to their genetic engineering. And it's possible that Kirill is still searching for the key for Slavkovak's immortality as well, as either he wasn't engineered or was engineered to such a lesser level of perfection that the mutagen would be too much of a risk to expose him to. It's a fact that Anton and Kirill were exposed to it at least once during the Junkyard incident and completely unaffected. Whats to say they weren't already changed by it?

What do you guys think?

Also, Styg and Co., how close am I to the truth with these guys?
Funny though, Dude does mention sleeping and he has beds on his homes throughout south underrail.
I was going through the thread to look for an old post and came upon this conversation which made me think of something related to Dude's character. What if the reason he's constantly drunk/drinking is precisely because of the genetic engineering/mutations he went through and is now unable to sleep? Not being able to sleep is not the same as being knocked out cold, whether that's from a blow to the head or falling into a drunken stupor, right? Could be an interesting lore point. Years of insomnia led to John Dyson slowly turning into who we now know as Dude.

Trashos

Arcane
After a very enjoyable glove playthrough on Hard, I have decided to do my first full Dominating playthrough. And when I say "full", I fully expect to ragequit at Arke, if I make it that far. But that's OK, I often ragequit at Arke. Oddity, TC/TM build (with stealth and grenades, but without traps). I am going to invest in TM all the way, since my plan is to use it on robots (along with grenades). I am currently lvl8 near the end of the Drill Parts quest.

Naturally, my build is low on Trap Detection, so I stepped on all the Traps that didn't exist on Hard, because my character can't see jack. But at lvl8 I eventually managed to find a Motion Lens, so things are looking up in that department. The economy is tougher but manageable with the advanced tricks at Junkyard that I was already using on Hard.

I didn't like how Silent Isle played. I can see why some players leave it for later. My strategy was
slowly taking out the rathounds to the east with bear traps, and then stealthing my way to the Cargo. Since I do not have Quick Tinkering, it was challenging planting the traps where I wanted them, plus the rats kept retreating to the North for some reason. So the whole process took me about 90 minutes.

Moving on.

Trashos

Arcane
I got the drill parts. Generally, I like how Dominating plays up to here (inb4 I throw ragefits later). I was forced to stretch my brain and change tactics on some maps, because I simply didn't have the firepower to take the opponents on like I used to on Hard.

I still don't like Silent Isle on Dominating, but other than that this has been very satisfying so far.

Trashos

Arcane
Is there an East Underrail? Unless the only thing east is Black Sea.

There was a discussion once about the location of the Grey Army Base, but I do not remember the conclusion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom