Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Also is Temporal Manipulation still something you can sensibly get with just 3 Will?

Edit: screw it, going to make something suboptimal for fun

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
You made a SI build, didn't you?
What does SI stand for?

Build strength in Underrail is measured by how few consumable items you have to spam to get through.
I'm getting the feeling that stealth crossbowman is the opposite of this mindset. Elemental bolts, grenades, traps, adrenaline shots, you name it, this guy uses it. Was the reason why I picked it tbh – with psyker, I looked at all those things with "meh, more garbage, I resolve 90% of encounters by throwing in rage, then picking off the straglers anyway". Wanted a playthrough that made me use all the tools that are provided to me for once.

I also invested heavily into pickpocketing because I never did before, just to see what it's like, and it's fairly amusing. The value of the garbage you steal is usually zilch (though you can stop caring about ever running out of health hypos. It ain't gonna happen. Every asshole in the game has like three of them), but it's pretty fun to sneak behind some asshole, steal his ammo or drugs, and then initiate the fight, in which he basically falls flat on his face because you just stole all the things that made him dangerous.

Uhhhh, you use pickpocket to pick up quite a lot of oddities, including ones you'd have a lot of difficulty getting otherwise. That's the true value, as well as a few unique situations every now and then.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone who's playing through Deep Caverns again with a TC build, please post screens or just write down what the Faceless Commander's reaction is when they mind read you in Talos outpost. I'm desperately hoping the TC check hides the existence of Oculus along with letting you be cool with the Faceless if you've killed a lot of them.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I want to run a fairly broad-based build with Versatility, maybe that time-based Psi school, and traps/nades/crafting. I want to play it on Dominating as well, anything in particular I need to do far that? Isn't there something special you need to with Versatility, like it matters which skill you max? I forget.

Build for 18 DEX, max Melee skill, use light weapons. And don't forget the belt at the Ironhead checkpoint.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
No official modding tools at release, but we develop the engine so it has some mod possibilities, not to go into details, styg has the last word on that.

Also pinging Styg and epeli.

If you decide to do a closed release for Underrail: Expedition modding tools, I can polish them up and maintain them as per used bug reports and feature requests. For free. I have over 10 years of programming experience, including an open-source project with 50k+ users. Programming experience with C89, C++17, C#, Java, F#, Common Lisp and Scheme. Incidentally, also some XNA experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie0Il8UYU6I

If further verification is needed, I helped some well-respected individuals here with 2 projects of theirs. It's been finalized and everyone's satisfied as far as I'm aware.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
The latest patch says you can save 10 action points for the next turn, but it isn't happening for me (reinstalled from GoG recently). Is there a prerequisite?
Edit: son of a bitch, why am I on 1.145?

Parabalus

Arcane
The latest patch says you can save 10 action points for the next turn, but it isn't happening for me (reinstalled from GoG recently). Is there a prerequisite?

It'll be on GoG in a month or more, only on Steam experimental currently.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer

It'll be on GoG in a month or more, only on Steam experimental currently.
You can switch to Experiment branch on GOG Galaxy as well. The process is described in the dev log.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
randomly spotted something I didnt notive in wiki nor styg changelog. Spears got extra crafting spot now - wings. They dont seem to decrease melee performance in any way but do improve throws. q47 component results in +2 throw range, 44% extra base, damage per unit of flight by 10%.

BTW something I didnt know is that spear throws are not affected by str. As in you can be str 3 character that normally got trouble wielding one, but if you want to throw it then it will be all fine and there is no str requirement on feat itself!

Would it make knife throwing viable? :shredder:

Knifegaf

Novice
randomly spotted something I didnt notive in wiki nor styg changelog. Spears got extra crafting spot now - wings. They dont seem to decrease melee performance in any way but do improve throws. q47 component results in +2 throw range, 44% extra base, damage per unit of flight by 10%.

BTW something I didnt know is that spear throws are not affected by str. As in you can be str 3 character that normally got trouble wielding one, but if you want to throw it then it will be all fine and there is no str requirement on feat itself!

>knife throwing viable
Fat chance. Maybe with CE

ciox

Liturgist
Knife throwing was fun last I tried it, there was an annoying nerf to their ability to pierce mechanical damage resistance, but there's new feats and gear to buff throwing knives, like that glove and extra throwables. They weren't that bad last I played with them.

pizza_microwave

Liturgist
Yes.

ce1myGn.png

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow, did not knew that Styg actually reads and posts here.
Only sometimes I'd assume, after a big patch is dropped, and even then only for tech support type questions. But who knows, maybe he likes reading people shitposting about his game just as much as the rest of us do.

Zeem

Learned

Spear wing were added in an earlier patch, I think last summer.

Beyond Cold seems to give +1 Will now too.
Related to this, utility tower is currently bugged so the debuff in there seems to increase your cold resist instead of lowering it. If you stack it up a little then you become immune to cold. If you want the feat and don't mind abusing exploits then now's the time to get it.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Maybe someone who knows Styg (inner circle), can ask him?

Also, ask him who is 3rd Godmen and what exactly Cube for?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also visions from Monoliths are from past, present, future?
This reality, another reality?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom