Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Yeah, that was probably the case, him chasing me initially and stopped just before I've left the area. Don't have any miracle stuff on me, so it seems the only option is to put king's regalia, shoot motphine and pray I will survive first turn. Not to mention shoot antidotes and med hypos, while simultaneously trying to run to safe cavern.
Don't use antidotes or hypos, death stalkers give you a debuff on sting which means healing items hurt you. Your best option for avoiding the poison is probably just reloading nonstop until it misses the sting because of the 95% hit chance cap. Maybe the first time anyone who plays Underrail actually likes that cap.
One other thing to remember is that crawler/stalker ai is designed so they'll always try to enter stealth if they don't have line of sight to their target. So if you can somehow survive a round and then turn a corner or get behind an obstacle that blocks sight then it'll waste its entire turn entering stealth instead of attacking you again, even if you're still in range, which gives you a free turn to run and also lowers its MP, so you should be able to get away.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Is there a some kind of cheat engine with god mode option built in?
I believe there is. You need cheat engine with some older underrail table(afaik new ones are locked behind payment?)
Beside merchant refresh etc there is god mode. I think. Never used it so its just my recollection of seeing it

Scrounger

Educated
Would really like that I have game installed right now to help...Have you tried to pop morphine and an adrenaline shot right before you go? Also, do you have flashbangs and a net?

Piotrovitz

Savant
I have all, will keep trying later today to get out of this dire situation.

The worst thing is that I cannot initiate combat while entering the area where the fucker is camping - as soon as screen transitions, the combat starts and there's no way to go first, since he's attacking from stealth. Three or four hits (each connecting) and I'm done. Even if he will miss one somehow, I think the poison will fuck me up before I run away.

If there's no way out I'll try this cheat stuff, hopefully it will work. Like said, as much as I love the game and want to replay it, I just cannot fathom going through beginning, GMS, Junkyard etc all over again.

Scrounger

Educated
I hope you have save before entering the combat ground. If so, place a flashbang and a throwing net, pop morphine and adrenaline and try to survive a first round.
After that just flash that thing or throw a net on it and escape as fast as you can. If you successfully flash it, go to stealth and press the enter to end the combat and go as far as you can before poison get ya!

Piotrovitz

Savant
Goddamnit, I did it - morphine was the key to survive the initial hits, also popped adrenaline to escape faster.

Had to reload few times though, as the debiliation dmg after morphine is worning off was killing me every time. Barely survived, but watching the circus of rathound alpha's ganging up on him was worth it.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah I have gotten a bit messed up in that area too in the same way you described. I just reloaded an earlier save, too troublesome.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
does it mean that you somehow aggroed stalker, then had it follow you as you were sneaking past rathounds? I find it interesting that it didnt attack rats.

Piotrovitz

Savant
does it mean that you somehow aggroed stalker, then had it follow you as you were sneaking past rathounds? I find it interesting that it didnt attack rats.
On my way to the lair yeah - rats were packed in the larger eastern area, and the stalker was alone in the west, so I took the western route and it must've follow me all the way to the south exit.

On my fucked up way back I had king's regalia, so once he attacked from stealth, doggies immediately swarmed him from every direction, basically immobilizing him.

It was a few years ago when I did my first run, but I cannot remember encountering crawlers so early, not near Camp Hathor. Or maybe I just got lucky back then and the fucker was hiding on the opposite side of the map, so I never really knew he was there.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
On my way to the lair yeah - rats were packed in the larger eastern area, and the stalker was alone in the west, so I took the western route and it must've follow me all the way to the south exit.
ahh so you basically said hello to the stalker. Now it makes much more sense

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I always clear that zone before moving forward. Good chance for an oddity and some crawler poison, and it's important to clear the way back.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I always clear that zone before moving forward. Good chance for an oddity and some crawler poison, and it's important to clear the way back.
on dominating you want those alpha hounds on stalker, while caught in cave ear bear trap so you can have a chance of that sweet oddity early
or whatever is the way to do it with throwing knives

Sratopotator

Savant
Did whole Junkyard, Camp Hathor mines, and went for Rathound King. Not sure about other difficulties (playing on hard), to get to his lair you need to pass one cavern filled with rathound alphas and one fucking crawler. Knowing by trial and error where the crawler was, on the way in I sneaked through the route around him. Killed Rathound King on the first try (like with my first playthrough, the game seems too easy for SMG build on hard, and too hard on dominating, but that's irrelevant here). Walking back to Camp Hathor in stealth mode, immediately when I enter the above mentioned cavern, the fucker attacks me just right on the first square near the entrance and kills in one turn. Are mobs wandering off-screen, or am I fucked, as this is the only way back?
:love: I feel you bro - I had almost 1:1 your experience, in EXACTLY the same spot.
First playthrough, randomly exploring the map after passing Depot A. I had just a pouch of ammo, so I skipped killing the rathounds and stealthy proceeded to the next map taking the other path.
I scavenged what I could from Rathound King's lair entrance, but I chickened out of dealing with the lair itself - I really just wanted to get a grip on what's in the area (didn't even knew about the king at this point).

On my way back, the crawler popped out immediately after the map loaded.
After dying several times, I managed to live through one round and get back to the lair entrance. I waited out the stun effect, healed up, saved and re-entered the crawler map.
Got raped again, obviously, but this time I saw one of the rathounds in the upper part of the screen. So, I load-scummed my way into living through a round of crawler rape AGAIN, and got back to the previous map to heal up.
Next time I entered the crawler area, the crawler was preoccupied with the rathounds! I even managed to kill it after the rats were down using the remainder of my ammo. Extremely fucking satisfying.

If I didn't luck out with rathounds' positioning, I would be totally fucked (it was not Ironman, but my previous manual save was super old). Oh, and having 4 CON and a bit of dodge was enough to scumm a round of crawler rape, apparently (I think I popped some food/drugs too).

Dhaze

Cipher
DHVVwmd.jpg

kernaea.jpg

IKXzy8n.jpg

20 seconds later...

Sdy6691.jpg

V88zkFG.jpg

DsLq3V2.jpg

Shield and machete is a wild, wild ride.

Sykar

Arcane
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of why the eternal aggro nerf was and is hot garbage: a stealthed enemy that the player wasn't even aware of when passing through can and will camp a zone entrance forever, possibly bricking a character completely unfairly.

Morons said:
B-but then people can ZONE CHEESE!

That's cheating, and people can cheat anyway with the use of a hex editor, or in any number of other ways. This guy's gonna have to cheat just to fix Styg's shit nerf.

You are all wrong, and so was Styg. He's still wrong, and has continued to deliberately choose to be wrong, which is the definition of ignorance; designing your game around every possibility of cheating to the detriment of normal gameplay is poor game design. Either let people who want to cheat cheat, or find a better fix. The current situation is retarded.

Conversations preempted and pre-concluded. I win them all in advance.

Is there a some kind of cheat engine with god mode option built in?

You'll have to use a memory sniffer (analyzes RAM usage for recognizable patterns) and a hex editor. I had to do this once a few years ago to fix one of Underrail's little eccentricities myself.

I believe CheatEngine can analyze the game's RAM in order to identify patterns, at which point you can use a hex editor to edit your save file.

Hex editor: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

It's been too long since I've done it for me to hold your hand through the process, especially to fix Styg's mess, but epeli might be able to tell you more.
The real idiocy of Styg was to place a fuckin Deathstalker there, because a normal Crawler is in fact beatable at the level you usually go there. First time I realized that I was like "what in the name of fuck did he do now to spite the UR forum retards?"
These days I just plant some TNT and watch the stalker and hounds duke it out and sneak past. No way in hell am I suffering through this garbage.

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter
On Hard and above do regular crawlers even spawn? It felt like I saw nothing but death stalkers, and usually in packs of 5+ despite all the in-game lore talking about how they're solitary predators. Shit's stupid.

Sykar

Arcane
There was a time long ago when on hard only a normal crawler spawns. Which makes sense since this is usually the very first time you encounter this enemy time. I cannot wait for Styg to place a Black Crawler there. :mad:

On Hard and above do regular crawlers even spawn? It felt like I saw nothing but death stalkers, and usually in packs of 5+ despite all the in-game lore talking about how they're solitary predators. Shit's stupid.
On hard there are a decent amount. On dominating there are like five regular crawlers in the entire game, and most of them are in pointless out of the way caves. If it's a relevant area that you actually have a reason to go to then it's all death stalkers.
There was a time long ago when on hard only a normal crawler spawns. Which makes sense since this is usually the very first time you encounter this enemy time. I cannot wait for Styg to place a Black Crawler there. :mad:
That actually wouldn't be too bad, since you could make noise to lure it into fighting the ancients and then run past it while it was distracted with them. And once you were higher level it'd be a lot easier to kill it there with the ancients as tanks than it would be to go through the giant crawler cave. Get that 3 xp and unlock the tattoo with way less effort.

Sykar

Arcane
Yeah, I know. It doesn't change the fact that it is retarded logically and atmosphere wise. Same with the 6 Goliathuses in front of the Hanging Rat or the 4 Death Stalkers in the tunnels to the Protectorate Warehouse in Core City.

Crawlers in the warehouse basement are dumb no matter the difficulty. How did they get there? What do they eat? Do the Protectorate guys know they're there? Because if they know about them but leave them there that's stupid, and if nobody ever thought to maybe look around in their own building's basement that's also stupid.
I'm overthinking this but it's still dumb.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Crawlers in the warehouse basement are dumb no matter the difficulty. How did they get there? What do they eat? Do the Protectorate guys know they're there? Because if they know about them but leave them there that's stupid, and if nobody ever thought to maybe look around in their own building's basement that's also stupid.
I'm overthinking this but it's still dumb.
I assumed that the Crawlers were smart enough to stay hidden from the Protectorate gentlemen. Also, it's viable that they know, but since they don't use the basement, figure it'll act as further deterrent and/or an alarm to alert the guards to someone trying to sneak in. Clearly they think it's a security risk, as they've placed a guard there but aren't using the area.
The real idiocy of Styg was to place a fuckin Deathstalker there, because a normal Crawler is in fact beatable at the level you usually go there. First time I realized that I was like "what in the name of fuck did he do now to spite the UR forum retards?"
These days I just plant some TNT and watch the stalker and hounds duke it out and sneak past. No way in hell am I suffering through this garbage.
I throw a grenade or two and save. I wait for the stalker to start fighting the rathounds, and I try to pick off all the Alphas as they approach so the Death Stalker can agro the Ancient Rathound that's there on dominating and deal some damage. Once it falls, I eliminate the remaining Alphas and kite the Ancient Rathound till it's dead. The possibility for two oddities right there, plus the other oddity that's sitting in a barrel in the corner of the room. I think it's a great room that shows some cool AI and mechanics. It's fun seeing the fauna fight, makes the world feel more alive.

Piotrovitz

Savant
What's the best SMG combo for high DEX spec ops/grenadier/hit'n run build now, since now the smart modules don't work on bursts?

7.62 jaguar + 8.6 steel cat, both with rapid reloaders and muzzle breaks? Plus something 5mm one for silent kills?

Few years ago while discussing SMGs I remember no love for Impalas, not sure why, even though since AP cost is very similar, plus it has higher crit chance.

Sheepherder

Augur
Not any longer. After one of the patches you can now find a crawler before completing depA! It's in the area where you drop the red TNT for the Gang War quest. Or was a it Death Stalker. I like it tho, feels like a mini-boss.

agris

Arcane
Patron
What's the best SMG combo for high DEX spec ops/grenadier/hit'n run build now, since now the smart modules don't work on bursts?

7.62 jaguar + 8.6 steel cat, both with rapid reloaders and muzzle breaks? Plus something 5mm one for silent kills?

Few years ago while discussing SMGs I remember no love for Impalas, not sure why, even though since AP cost is very similar, plus it has higher crit chance.
Look at my post in reply to you on the previous page.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom