Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Tigranes

Arcane
To be clear, you just miss out on the final reward there, but it doesn't hurt your progression with the rest of the game, so it's not a huge deal.

In Oddity, you could travel the cities on the train and do quests / find oddities in towns with less combat - perhaps that's still the case with Classic. For example (non-spoiler), talk to the doctor and the drunk Dude at Rail Crossing, talk to Evelyn at Foundry, go find Abram again at Core City bar if you did his quest at Junkyard. Combat difficulty can vary a lot depending on your build vs mobs - e.g. a reliable source of energy/acid damage means burrowers are easier, or thought control & other human disabling skills means you want to seek out human enemies (Core City for one).

razvedchiki

Erudite
if you are on oddity you can travel to the core city/foundry/rail crossing and loot oddities from trash cans and some easy encounters (various thiefs in core city). in foundry you can get into the dungeon of a serial killer and get 5-6 oddities (the entrance is a gate near the hobos place).
that will give 1-2 lvls.

Scrounger

Educated
Still on my first playthrough

Silas and SGS joined together against the scrappers of old junkyard. Silas died in the battle.
As a result the quest log still asks me to help Silas and can't be completed. Tanner doesn't react when I talk to him. Is there a way to "complete" the quest or am I screwed for this one ?

Hey taxalot, that doesn't sounds quite right. That quest is really old but from what I've known and what I've done once due to Silas death was talking with Colton (Eals trader). He should give you a resolution to the whole ordeal in case of Silas death. Otherwise it's a bug

Hey taxalot, that doesn't sounds quite right. That quest is really old but from what I've known and what I've done once due to Silas death was talking with Colton (Eals trader). He should give you a resolution to the whole ordeal in case of Silas death. Otherwise it's a bug
Oh yeah, now that I look it has been fixed. That's cool. And it happened years ago, which means I really need to pay more attention.

Tygrende

Arbiter
For all the Neurovisual Disruption haters out there, here it is in action. Pretty much never leaves its innervation slot on my pacifist build.

It's niche, but there's a few unique things about it.
It's one of the only 2 ways to enter stealth when it's on cooldown, the other being vanish grenades.
It's also the only way to have NPCs incapable of detecting AND moving around when PC is out of stealth.
It's also just a good backup for when someone resists other vision-breaking effect.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Can someone living in Serbia personally visit Styg and tell him to stop updating UR and work on infusion? It's like yeah i love my old bike, i've tinkered and upgraded it to the max, everything is replaced, but the frame is still steel, it's alright for the retro aesthetic and i love the bike, but i also want aero carbon frame bike, and no matter how much i tinker the steel frame won't be carbon frame.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
it's just not-so-hotfixes to bug reports that've been piling up since the last batch of fixes

Piotrovitz

Savant
Dudes,

I'm currently after the 'save the professor' quest, lvl 22 SMG/high DEX/stealth/grenadier glass cannon build, and just started looking for the locations for the next quest and exploring black sea. Got a signal that base is under attack by pirates (previously there was one or two attacks by savages, which were piss easy), I've answered that I'm coming back to help and here's the problem - I cannot deal with those fuckers, there's just too many of them. Playing on hard mind you, and never run into any difficulty issues before.

I've made like dozen attempts and every time when it seems like I'm close to the victory, with Yahota surviving, another wave is coming or some asshole snipes me offscreen for XXX crit dmg. Tried many different approaches - gas and magnesium grenades help to soften them up and kill the more closer ones, but with glass SMG build I cannot really jump in the middle of the action and mow them down with burst - even if I kill couple of them in one turn, there's always some fucker that snipes me from afar or shoots with the stun bolt.

I'll make a few more attempts but the question is - what happens if I agreed via comm to come back and help, instead of refusing, but actually not do it?
Will they be waiting for me there until I'll return, no matter how long I'll be off? It seems so, at least the answers I get via comm when trying to contact Yahota or Briggs are indicating this.

Dhaze

Cipher
I'm not entirely sure, but for what it's worth I once answered Aegis' call for help against natives, then due to life circumstances had to stop then and there before I could reach the beach.

A few days later I loaded my save, and had completely forgotten about Aegis' call for backup. So I went and did a lot of time-consuming exploring in the Black Sea, then suddenly remembered the camp was under assault, and by the time I came back Aegis had wiped the natives, albeit with some losses.

notpl

Arbiter
The native attacks will autoresolve without your intervention (whether you say you're coming or not) and it takes a LOT of attacks before the expedition falls apart. And the "doom clock" such as it is doesn't tick down while you're back in the regular underrail areas, so you can go level up in the main quest if you feel like it. The beach attacks are nigh-impossible for a lot of otherwise decent builds so don't feel bad for skipping them, the autoresolve will probably cause the expedition to lose fewer troops than they would if you were there fucking things up.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
yeah but im curious... what happens when pirates butcher expedition? Natives make a nice pile...

Tygrende

Arbiter
yeah but im curious... what happens when pirates butcher expedition? Natives make a nice pile...
That's a pretty interesting question, I never saw that.

1tnLEIY.png

Scrounger

Educated
That actually happened to me first time through the expedition!! I tend to push through some of my bad mistakes and I think the whole expedition was quite a bit tougher before patches
I remembered that I've gave him Acorn at that moment, it was surprisingly dramatic scene considering that he was the only survivor...

They don't do anything impressive. I think if the natives are alive then they'll show up and make the usual pile after a while though.
After looting the entire camp, they left the bodies to the natives to later mutilate and put on display for all who dare sail into their waters.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Styg
I'm replaying Underrail right now, last time I finished it in 2017, and damn, amount of content that was added is very impressive. And I don't have Expedition yet, with its Monty Haul of features.
So, could you make some crafting components stackable (just like barrels, bipods and extended magazines are stackable already) for convenience?
Crossbow Super String
Pneumatic Reloader
Anatomically-Aware Scope
High Resolution Digital Scope
Scope (I have 46 of them, damn)
Laser Sight
Rifle Barrel Retractor
Psi Circuit Extension

LJ40

Cipher
Styg
I'm replaying Underrail right now, last time I finished it in 2017, and damn, amount of content that was added is very impressive. And I don't have Expedition yet, with its Monty Haul of features.
So, could you make some crafting components stackable (just like barrels, bipods and extended magazines are stackable already) for convenience?
Crossbow Super String
Pneumatic Reloader
Anatomically-Aware Scope
Laser Sight
Rifle Barrel Retractor
Psi Circuit Extension
Fuck off faggot.

Modron

Arcane
Styg
Crossbow Super String
Pneumatic Reloader
Anatomically-Aware Scope
Laser Sight
Rifle Barrel Retractor
Psi Circuit Extension
You could go and do something strange like sell off excess scopes or leave them in a container somewhere near a train stop?

plem

Learned
Styg
Crossbow Super String
Pneumatic Reloader
Anatomically-Aware Scope
Laser Sight
Rifle Barrel Retractor
Psi Circuit Extension
components with differing quality can't be stacked

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Styg
Crossbow Super String
Pneumatic Reloader
Anatomically-Aware Scope
Laser Sight
Rifle Barrel Retractor
Psi Circuit Extension
components with differing quality can't be stacked
They don't have a quality. :M

Piotrovitz

Savant
Goddamnit those refurbished SMGs - still worse than crafted ones, but now they are actually viable on Hard, so I am rolling with them just for the fuck of it and make use of 5mm shock rounds and 9mm acid ones.

The major downside is that with 3 STR, carrying over all of them and tons of different ammo types (haven't refurbished tommy gun yet, carrying that one with pile of exploding .44 rounds will be a pain in the ass), but it's way more fun that standard steel cat/jaguar duo with W2C.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Goddamnit those refurbished SMGs - still worse than crafted ones
Upgraded Mini-Uzi Izu is arguably better than what you can craft as far as silenced SMGs go, especially if you get and upgrade it early.

It's basically a very high, end game quality Jaguar with a silencer and rapid reloader that costs 1 more AP to fire, but also has a 3rd mod slot filled with a muzzle brake for +2 shots in a burst.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Yeah, new Mini Izu is probably the best silenced smg now, exactly for the reasons you've stated, especially that refurbishment bumps up also dmg, so now it can compete with crafted 5mm jag.

Upgraded K&H is also nice - doesn't get extra mod slot, but the muzzle brake, nice dmg and +15% burst acc are good enough to carry you over for most of the game as second smg if you're bored with crafted stuff.

Can't decide if I like NF R90 - upgraded version shoots 4 extra rounds and has +10% acc, but the low dmg/AP cost ratio makes it the worst of refurbished smgs so far. I regret spending Impala frame for it, now I can't find another one to upgrade tommy gun, which I assume will get rid of acc penalty and bump up the dmg, which will make it perfect sidearm for free commando bursts.

Wonder how Syg MPX upgraded version will look like. I'm keeping 115+ jag and steel cat frames for it, hopefully it won't require another impala.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom