Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sykar

Arcane
Goddamnit those refurbished SMGs - still worse than crafted ones, but now they are actually viable on Hard, so I am rolling with them just for the fuck of it and make use of 5mm shock rounds and 9mm acid ones.

The major downside is that with 3 STR, carrying over all of them and tons of different ammo types (haven't refurbished tommy gun yet, carrying that one with pile of exploding .44 rounds will be a pain in the ass), but it's way more fun that standard steel cat/jaguar duo with W2C.
Pack Rathound is your friend.

CHEMS

Scholar
yeah but im curious... what happens when pirates butcher expedition? Natives make a nice pile...
That's a pretty interesting question, I never saw that.

1tnLEIY.png
Wat? Is this new? I had the expedition butchered several times and never saw Oldfield hanging around core city. How do i get this?

Piotrovitz

Savant
Full auto is a waste of stat points for SMG build - you're better off putting those into PER, so you can hit/crit more often, instead of having 2 extra rounds, which may as well miss.

Sykar

Arcane

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
For cave wizardry, how viable are spellblade types? I mean we have the obligatory haste users and such, but I mean other types of melee (non fist) types of synergy

Tygrende

Arbiter
Ever wondered if it's possible to stealth deep into tribal territory to pickpocket Magnar and Øyensørm without killing anyone? Would they even have oddities in their inventory?
You probably didn't, but I did, and now no one has to.

Wat? Is this new? I had the expedition butchered several times and never saw Oldfield hanging around core city. How do i get this?
The expedition has to die while Oldfield is held hostage by the pirates, then you need to break him out. Since he can't return to the now destroyed camp and can't take a train to the north because of faceless, he stays at Core City and becomes a depressed alcoholic.

For cave wizardry, how viable are spellblade types? I mean we have the obligatory haste users and such, but I mean other types of melee (non fist) types of synergy
There is some synergy, but nothing as big as fists and PK. I've seen TC knife and sword with heavy investment in dodge/evasion boosted by Precognition. Hammers actually go well with all schools - TM is nice for movement, mirror image from TC is great for preventing damage nukes, PK for force field, MT gives you thermoD and shatter with cryostasis.

notpl

Arbiter
I find stealth + knife + thought control or sword + psychokinesis + temp quite fun. Sword in particular almost needs it, because (unless you're just going to savescum) the biggest problem with a sword build is how to compensate for the occasional flurry whiff, and force field + stuns + stasis gives you the most options to reset the encounter in your favor. Never used hammers before but I'm sure this applies there as well.

Blackmill

Scholar
Does anyone know if one of Booth or Coral is guaranteed? I had a recent playthrough where I never saw Coral and couldn't ever find Booth's hideout.

Also does any one have hard numbers for the effects of charms? Specifically the ones which boost weapon crit chance (hopper) and psi crit chance (psi beetle).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I never saw Coral
se is moving...

Also does any one have hard numbers for the effects of charms? Specifically the ones which boost weapon crit chance (hopper) and psi crit chance (psi beetle).
whole thing is a mystery. Somewhere on those pages info was shared and I remember it being underwhelming, hard to trigger and not worth any attention.
It was among the lines: you get +1 crit chance if you play naked and your mum is watching you

CHEMS

Scholar
Ever wondered if it's possible to stealth deep into tribal territory to pickpocket Magnar and Øyensørm without killing anyone? Would they even have oddities in their inventory?

The expedition has to die while Oldfield is held hostage by the pirates, then you need to break him out. Since he can't return to the now destroyed camp and can't take a train to the north because of faceless, he stays at Core City and becomes a depressed alcoholic.

There is some synergy, but nothing as big as fists and PK. I've seen TC knife and sword with heavy investment in dodge/evasion boosted by Precognition. Hammers actually go well with all schools - TM is nice for movement, mirror image from TC is great for preventing damage nukes, PK for force field, MT gives you thermoD and shatter with cryostasis.

Very interesting. Amazing how despite playing this game for several years i'm still discovering stuff about it.

While in the Psi discussion: has anyone managed to get a 100%-ish crit psi build? I could get 100% base crit with crossbows and guns, but never with psi.

ciox

Liturgist

Very interesting. Amazing how despite playing this game for several years i'm still discovering stuff about it.

While in the Psi discussion: has anyone managed to get a 100%-ish crit psi build? I could get 100% base crit with crossbows and guns, but never with psi.

this page suggests that you can if you use drugs, expand the table

https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psychosis

Blackmill

Scholar

I think you can.

Base: 5%
Psychosis+10: +25%
Focus Stim: +15%
Survival Instincts+5: +35%
Høddurform: +5%
Perfect Neuroscopic Filter Headband: +13% (at least)

This gets you to 98%. I'm not sure if Absence actually works as the description says, but if it does, that gets you to ~114%. Otherwise, you could reach 103% with a single stack of Psychostatic Electricity.

I've always been tempted to do a Survival Instincts Psi build. I think you can also get any weapon to 100% crit chance using the feat. But I don't like the idea of walking around near death just for the sake of having Survival Instincts active. I kind of wish the feat kicked in once you went below the health threshold, then lasted for a minute or so, rather than just staying up forever. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, Hemopsychosis and Psionic Mania could probably activate Survival Instincts instead of just walking into fights at low health.

Last edited:

destinae vomitus

Educated
Whilst the "high IQ" crossbow connoisseur with 3 STR (DO YOU EVEN LIFT??) fastidiously sets up yet more beartraps to help him survive one mere encounter, the tincan has already cleared the entire area in question.
ixXpoH3.gif

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
crosbowmen are just infants. They are mainly unaware that their final form is sneak spear throw build

Tigranes

Arcane
Dabbled with a Neural Overload critman, but I've never been convinced by it. It's a nice way to go all into TC crowd control & high INT luxury life, but the damage scale just doesn't seem up to it. Perhaps with tranquility & minimised AP for spamming is the better way.

Sykar

Arcane
Perhaps with tranquility & minimised AP for spamming is the better way.
Gets boring fast, been there
That probably is Tranqs biggest problem, it gets tedious spamming your main damage ability 50 times every encounter with more than 2 enemies.

beartraps
When you're firing 5 bolts (at least) dealing 700 damage each before combat even starts you don't need bear traps. Keep coping tin man, maybe someday you can afford a luxurious core city home after spending every charon on ammo

:smug:
Not to mention with maxed out Throwing and top tier grenades you can blow large groups up anyway and then mop the rest up easily. Tincan does not have the points to invest a lot into dex. Also funny that people harp on about 3 strength when one level 1 feat can easily solve the problem for carry weight.

CHEMS

Scholar
Not to mention with maxed out Throwing and top tier grenades you can blow large groups up anyway and then mop the rest up easily. Tincan does not have the points to invest a lot into dex. Also funny that people harp on about 3 strength when one level 1 feat can easily solve the problem for carry weight.
Played a metathermics psi guy who used that ability that makes people blow up. Absolutely nuts on a crit build, with premed and special tactics, it's a high damage explosion for free, then you can throw a grenade, then you can reliable spam crit shock bolts with crit AoE

There's no way a burst tincan can be this versatile and high damaging. Crossbows gets straight up busted when you get to lvl 16 with crit power + elemental bolts combo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom