Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Combo now has 20% chance to stun (down from 100%)
whaaaaaaat

Inf0mercial

Augur
  • Removed some of the unnecessary backtracking during the missing train quest; also added a few more options for handling the quest
Ok this is nice

Why?

• Nerfed the Coretech warehouse mercenaries in the defense mission
This is pretty decline i hated that missions so much but in a good way, it was hard but it actually made you use consumables and retreat a bit, instead of just soaking all the damage like a tard.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
  • Taste for Blood no longer reduces AP cost
  • Light weapon AP cost reduction changed to 3% (down from 4%) for each dexterity point above 5
  • Fatal Throw now only restores action points once per turn

Destroy Styg

:fight:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You shouldn't deploy major balance changes to 100 hours games without a respec option.

marux

Augur
patch said:
  • Taste for Blood no longer reduces AP cost
lucky me, did the lightweight fistfighter on my first playthrough.
patch said:
  • You can now place small animals inside the organic processor in DC
:D

patch said:
  • Nerfed the Coretech warehouse mercenaries in the defense mission
I don't get why encounters are made easier...

Overall good job, fixing bugs and doing what codex says.

epeli

Arcane
I don't get why encounters are made easier...
If an encounter is easier or harder than intended, it will be tweaked. But if you think this patch made encounters easier, think again. The gun noise fix and new hardmode* AI tricks change pretty much all encounters.

* Styg's patchnotes didn't make it clear, but difficulty setting now changes AI as well. Easy uses the old AI, normal adds some new tricks, hard all of them. Finally a good reason to play on hard!

epeli

Arcane
Yeah. NPCs use LoS cover, deblock doorways, get into better positions for burst fire, stuff like that. And outside combat they've got different behaviors for each state of stealth detection.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
That's nice.

Now what the game needs is more information about noise. Like, does putting an electroshock generator on a silent melee weapon makes attacks noisy?

ST'Ranger

Augur
Just when I was able to put this game down Styg makes huge AI changes for hard mode. This definitely bears investigation.

Taste for Blood change seems questionable - the Knife God of the past was already intensely nerfed with the previous change and with the food nerf. Some of the other changes I'm confused about as well. Honestly, not nerfing psi powers at this point should raise some eyebrows.

Nines

Learned
Removed some of the unnecessary backtracking during the missing train quest; also added a few more options for handling the quest
One of my biggest complaints. I hope the alternatives are good. :shittydog:

Version 1.0.1.9
  • Fixed the bug that caused the characters to be able to cast psi abilities even if they lack psi points
  • Fixed the bug that put the player in combat when environmental effects that they caused hurt NPCs in controlled areas, even though the player is hidden

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
is the game easier now on easy or easy is considered the old difficulty?
easy stayed like the old easy, except the warehouse quest, its a bit easier on easy. But normal and hard are more challenging, because NPC have now better AI.

The idea is to make difficulty settings harder through gameplay instead just number inflating, I love min/maxing, but the game should not be about 2 cookiecutter builds that only can master hard difficulty, instead about creating various builds with interesting playstyles that overcome hard encounters.

Warehouse was a bit nerfed because in the last wave there was a really crazy mix of enemies (snipers, cutthroats, trappers) that with the new AI where cheesing the player and you could really easy loose control for several turns and get one shot, thats was to much. Now that would not be a problem if it wasn't a main quest, anything that is optional stayed the same, in the end it got harder on Hard, a bit harder on Normal and easier on Easy.

easy stayed like the old easy, except the warehouse quest, its a bit easier on easy. But normal and hard are more challenging, because NPC have now better AI.

The idea is to make difficulty settings harder through gameplay instead just number inflating, I love min/maxing, but the game should not be about 2 cookiecutter builds that only can master hard difficulty, instead about creating various builds with interesting playstyles that overcome hard encounters.

Warehouse was a bit nerfed because in the last wave there was a really crazy mix of enemies (snipers, cutthroats, trappers) that with the new AI where cheesing the player and you could really easy loose control for several turns and get one shot, thats was to much. Now that would not be a problem if it wasn't a main quest, anything that is optional stayed the same, in the end it got harder on Hard, a bit harder on Normal and easier on Easy.
what old easy? we didn't have difficulty before.

epeli

Arcane
marux easy also doubles player HP.

And I just noticed the difficulty multiplier for player HP on hard is not 1/2, it's 2/3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom