Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Yaz

Learned
Well... if you're using poison for everything... then probably it will be a bit of a slog, sure. But using Throwing alone with no other combat discipline will open up quite a number of points for other interesting options.

Wouldn't say it doesn't work, though.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Trying to make a good Psi-melee hybrid, having trouble deciding on some things especially my ability scores, gonna be playing on hard

Here is the build I'm thinking of at the moment, feats are not necessarily in the order I will take them https://underrail.info/build/?HgUIA...8Kdwq7CjcK9FkshwrcUZOKdjQLiorUC4qe-CuKslwHfvw

Anything I can do to improve the build?

With that much PSI you will be able to wizard sorcerer yourself out of anything, you don't really need to change anything.

I'd take Psychosis though, and def Expose Weakness so you can slice up robots, seems like the ideal use case.
Psychostatic electricity and Psycho-neural flexibility are pretty weak feats, and I'd take more TM for stasis.

5 CON is definitely a waste though, either drop it to 3 or go to 9 for SI. If you drop it to 3 and put the points in DEX you get Ripper which is great.
What makes Psychostatic electricity a bad feat? I thought it was a pretty decent feat with 5% crit chance at the very least that affects everything including psi powers.

CHEMS

Scholar
I'm tempted to make a poisonous build with crossbow/throwing knives and hypertoxicity... But i think i'm gonna do it on Hard first, it probably will get smashed if i play on dominating. Shame we don't get poisonous melee too, would be interesting.
oh god no. Poisons sound good but do not work. Probably good on single enemy in whole game - end game boss

Well, the build is crossbows with ambush. If poison doesn't kill, elemental arrows will. Plus, is a versatility build, so if everything fails, energy pistol will benefit from critical power.

Sykar

Arcane
Trying to make a good Psi-melee hybrid, having trouble deciding on some things especially my ability scores, gonna be playing on hard

Here is the build I'm thinking of at the moment, feats are not necessarily in the order I will take them https://underrail.info/build/?HgUIA...8Kdwq7CjcK9FkshwrcUZOKdjQLiorUC4qe-CuKslwHfvw

With that much PSI you will be able to wizard sorcerer yourself out of anything, you don't really need to change anything.

I'd take Psychosis though, and def Expose Weakness so you can slice up robots, seems like the ideal use case.
Psychostatic electricity and Psycho-neural flexibility are pretty weak feats, and I'd take more TM for stasis.

5 CON is definitely a waste though, either drop it to 3 or go to 9 for SI. If you drop it to 3 and put the points in DEX you get Ripper which is great.
What makes Psychostatic electricity a bad feat? I thought it was a pretty decent feat with 5% crit chance at the very least that affects everything including psi powers.

It is not a bad feat just not as strong as Premed or LoC.

Yaz

Learned
Yeah, Psychostatic Electricity is for folks like me who'd never take Survival Instincts.

Jason Liang

Arcane

Instead of Int/Will/ Dex, I would max out str. 9/6/3/3/3/10/6, put all extra points to strength. With swords, you don't get much out of extra dex past 6 for the feats.

Parabalus

Arcane

Slow and unreliable to stack. Electrokinesis is a weak spell and hogs up Premed, so usually you use just it to stun.

Instead of Int/Will/ Dex, I would max out str. 9/6/3/3/3/10/6, put all extra points to strength. With swords, you don't get much out of extra dex past 6 for the feats.

Might as well go Hammer then. But his build has higher mental stats, more PSI focus.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Doesn't sword benefit from criticals in a big way thanks to Dex? I don't think it lowers AP like light weapons tho. And you can use either str or dexterity for damage.

I dunno. You might benefit from a high dexterity build more with swords. Mod str. Mod will. High con.

Yaz

Learned
It's an interesting thing. More base damage vs more critical chance. Swords sure are funky :).

I am sure either is viable, though.

PS: You could probably Decapitate some of the bosses outright with Red Dragon and a bunch of feats.

Sykar

Arcane
No, the devs are focusing on another project called Infusion I think which takes place in the same universe as Underrail but with better graphics. There aren't any more plans for Underrail as far as I'm aware.

The current version is still considered in beta stage even so it has not been updated in a while so chances are we will be stuck with this hot PSI mess sadly.

CHEMS

Scholar
Ok, guys, in this new run i'll attempt to steal a jet from Ray's without getting caught. I want to go to Black Sea without even talking to Aegis. Wonder if i can pull it off.

Parabalus

Arcane
The new random dungeon in SGO is hilarious - encountered a goliathus at lvl 2 :smug:.

I think Dex actually affects base damage with melee vs. strength because Melee skill uses whichever is highest.

With swords STR does more averaged DPS, but DEX isn't too far off and unlike STR it governs 4 other important skills.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Ok, guys, in this new run i'll attempt to steal a jet from Ray's without getting caught. I want to go to Black Sea without even talking to Aegis. Wonder if i can pull it off.
There is a jet ski at port Zenith docks. If you kill all tincans no one learns about this and you can even join Protectorate later. The trick is to kill the driver closer to the shore so you can actually enter it.

CHEMS

Scholar
There is a jet ski at port Zenith docks. If you kill all tincans no one learns about this and you can even join Protectorate later. The trick is to kill the driver closer to the shore so you can actually enter it.

Already did this once. Interestingly enough, Port Zenith's Protectorate is a faction apart the actual Protectorate. You can kill everyone there and you won't aggro Fort Apogee, but you'll aggro Protectorates bases in the waterways.

CHEMS

Scholar

you cant, was tried many times. There are no blind spots under cameras. If you want to try before expedition...
Sneak entry requires perception(hidden entrance) or burglar feat.

And it will all work great... until you return from expedition. If you do so whole area will be hostile

There's a blind spot though... Under the camera by the Freighter, i exploited it many, many times. Go there, strip the Freighter of all the parts, store them in the trunk, go to Ray and buy the Freighter cheap, go back and put all the parts back and sell back to him for insane profit. Infinite money from that sucker. Also cameras don't detect you if you pass by them in combat mode, so i think i can snatch a junk jet doing so.

Yaz

Learned
Maybe as random loot?

I've never paid attention to Fixer for that, but on the slight off-chance - he doesn't have any?

ciox

Liturgist
Stealing a Ray jetski without hostilities is doable, it just has to be one of the really cheap ones. As for how Aegis reacts
they just leave at the same time as you, and somehow jump ahead of you with their heavy barge, but hey at least you can do this in the first place which is more than many games would allow.

Parabalus

Arcane
Maybe as random loot?

I've never paid attention to Fixer for that, but on the slight off-chance - he doesn't have any?

No, they're all acid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom