Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Big Wrangle

Razorfist is the "if I shout and repeat my argument multiple times I win by default" kind of guy.

Curratum

The problem is that the game doesn't feature deep, swimmable water and this is someone clipping through the world.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
KickstarterEra.txt

Ask yourselves: are you really aware of what you are affectuating with you behavoir?

Hi! Yes! I am reffering to you ranters.

I think most of you are ranting because your expectations didn´t match with the state the game is in right now. And I am thinking that you are disappointed because you did not get the game you hoped for at release because its unfinished. I guess further that you would be glad if all the issues you mention would be repaired and the game will be in a stable and finished state some day.

Okay now. I have to ask you a Question. Do you seriously think that the consequences of your
ranting and thumb down voting will be raising the posiibilities that you get the game you wished for at first place (and maybe you supported the devs for)?

Do you think further maintainance and hard work will be put into a project which has an overwhelming destructive amount of downbeating "reviews" on a mega influencial platform like steam?

What do you think is happening now? Much more people will invest money so that the Devs are able to finish their game? Or do you think a contrary development will occur?

Think before Ink. Thank you.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/692840/discussions/0/3020122487776309336/

Star Citizen all over again. Backers trying to convince "haters":

"We must praise them, so they are motivated to fix the issues!"
"We must keep on spending money, so they are motivated to finish the work!"

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If you want to understand Razorfist, watch this video from 2012: https://youtu.be/J1nqdKiLnTU?t=262

He's an immersive sim fanboy who is angry at people for rejecting Deus Ex: Invisible War because it hurt the genre.
It is even worst,he pretends to be anti-sjw but slurps white tears and enjoys the last Deus Ex shit pile. Can't stand that retarded hypocrite and lover of mexican cocks early in the morning!

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Hotfix announced! From Discord:

We pushed an update yesterday that fixes localization issues with French, German, and Russian games. Working on another hotfix that will go out either today or this weekend that will address the keybindings and other player preferences being lost between play sessions

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
When i see a "procedural generation" in features,then it is a hard pass for me. They could have made a decent game if did go for the handcrafted level design. Jumping on a fad is the stupidest shit ever.

Glic2000

Educated
They tried to do the Trespasser concept of making everything physics-based and then hoping the gameplay would somehow "emerge" from that. I backed during the Kickstarter and followed development fairly closely. They spent so much of that first year just mucking around with their physics-based "gameplay."

Actually, if you want a good laugh, go back and look at the KS pitch and compare that to what the game turned out to be.

Max Heap

Arcane
It's hilarious. Everything you've listed is fair game, of course.. but you just haven't reached the REALLY bad stuff yet.

Like, I wanna see your face when you accept your second mission in Upper Erebus and realize the whole level has been reset, and you have to do it all over again.

And I wanna see your face again when you accept your third mission in the same level.

And of course, the holes in the level design, the framerate issues etc.. all of that is coming back at a power of ten in the later levels.

Well...
What can I say...

I'll probably write a follow up to all that stuff, but just as a little teaser, let me summarize the last two hours in one image:
IfzTnjo.jpg

Oh yeah... I didn't die there.
I just fell into a bottomless void leaving the level far above me.
This was after looking for some stupid ass fish for OVER 1.5 HOURS! I mean I should have known better. Of course they didn't put a trigger that kills you under the level to avoid shit like this. I still crawled out there.

So I reloaded and whoop-de-fucking-doo the portals back to Marcaul were gone.
So I'll probably have to cancel and redo the mission. 1.5 hours for fucking nothing!
Cancelling missions by the way locks the room with the mission board for an indefinite amount of time. I don't know why.
I don't even know why this has to be locked!

But everything at its time. I gotta grab something to eat and rest first before I continue on with this catastrophe.
This shit's giving me a headache.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
The mid-game level Nyast is showing is crazy glitchy - invisible walls, missing textures, missing geometry, getting stuck on corners, falling through the floor, floating objects, water that's super slippery like ice... And at one points he "floods" the level, but it doesn't extinguish the torches, they stay lit underwater! :D

Bocian

Arcane
Good stuff
Expeditions: Conquistadors
Stasis
SRR / DF / HK
SitS
KCD
Star Traders: Frontiers
BEDLAM
Battletech

Bad stuff
BT4
TToN
WL2
PoE
Darkest Dungeon
UAscendant

Undecided
InSomnia
D:OS
Banner Saga
Vigilantes

The fact that you rate shadowrun shits (and trannytech) as "good" while you're undecided about a clear incline that are Vigilantes, says more about you than it should.

Last edited:

Nyast

Cipher
Streaming session finished.

I had lots of fun, for all the good ( and bad ) reasons.

Highlight of the day is setting half of the level on fire accidentely, I'll try to find that moment in the vod. It was glorious, running at 2 fps.

The entire level 5 is a huge WIP where absolutely everything is floating above ground, full of holes, bad placement, etc.. But the overall level design / layout was interesting and many times I felt lost and didn't know where and how to go to other places.

The more I progress, the more I'm convinced that the interest of that game lies in its environmental exploration challenges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom