Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Kickstarter now live!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Got over $50k real fast. Still no stretch goals to break them wallets, though.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Huh, cool. Should be better than VtMB2 in any case.
Not like that’s hard or anything. I really don’t understand why we don’t see more original urban fantasy games. Do devs just not like the genre unless they can slap a cashgrab brand name from a decades old cult classic to justify the investment? Are devs nowadays just too damn stupid to make their own settings? Urban fantasy, like medieval fantasy, is one of the easiest genres to write and worldbuild. You just write regular fantasy, but move it into post-industrial times. It’s oversaturated in prose fiction.

catfood

AGAIN
Congrats on your successful kickstarter. Now make sure you don't deliver a Subverse 2.0 because that game is ASS and not the good kind either.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Commenters don't seem to like it, already comparing it to The Day Before with the assets and all.

Eh, I'm not worried. There's always going to be people complaining about store assets. I'm a solo dev, all my previous games used store assets, and I have a history of completed games to back up my claims.

What am I gonna do, apologize for being poor?

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Yeah, I'm not too surprised, PC Gamer covered Memoirs too. Visibly helped push the campaign over the $50k mark.

Not too many other outlets are covering the game, also not a surprise.

There's this, but I haven't heard of them:

https://www.nag.co.za/2024/09/09/cyberpunk-2077-meets-vampire-the-masquerade-in-this-new-indie-game/

Anyways, I've added some more stretch goals. Let's see what happens.
Wow, that reporting really is bland. Also, those two franchises they name are mentioned so often as synonymous with cyberpunk and vampires that I'm surprised the trademarks are not already in danger of losing their trademark protections due to trademark dilution like what happened with kleenex. Cyberpunk 2077 and vampire the masquerade are essentially meaningless keywords at this point.

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Reading the comments on the trailer video reminded me of how dumb the average person is.

Now, I hope to see this game succeed, but I do find it hilarious that the only thing the normies need to be impressed is a bunch of random, stitched together assets with UE4 lightning.
Stitched together asses...

....asses!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reading the comments on the trailer video reminded me of how dumb the average person is.

Now, I hope to see this game succeed, but I do find it hilarious that the only thing the normies need to be impressed is a bunch of random, stitched together assets with UE4 lightning.
This game is about vampires, not zombies

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This game is about vampires, not zombies
*laughs in Vicissitude*
Go away Tzeentchzimisce this ain't your turf.

Mortmal

Arcane
Commenters don't seem to like it, already comparing it to The Day Before with the assets and all.

Eh, I'm not worried. There's always going to be people complaining about store assets. I'm a solo dev, all my previous games used store assets, and I have a history of completed games to back up my claims.

What am I gonna do, apologize for being poor?
Post there: https://www.reddit.com/r/Asmongold/ so that eventually Asmongold might make another video, or just so people become aware of your game.

Caim

Arcane
SPG took a look at this.

She calls you a bitch with no marketing skills, no budgeting skills, no planning skills, no feeling for the market, no maidens, no dick, no balls, no butthole, and Occam's Razor says you're a scammer.

(not in those words but to that extent)

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Unless Tyranicon figures out a way to push the campaign, the later stretch goals will likely not be met. It's sad because those are the actually interesting ones. Gotta say, you messed up the ordering here mate.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
SPG took a look at this.

She calls you a bitch with no marketing skills, no budgeting skills, no planning skills, no feeling for the market, no maidens, no dick, no balls, no butthole, and Occam's Razor says you're a scammer.

(not in those words but to that extent)

I agree with all her points (err, her actual points). If anybody else is doing this I would be highly skeptical.

But I think the problem is that most peoples' conception of dev is still of how AAA works and the associated costs. Gamedev tools have become very accessible and the costs have dramatically lowered.
Unless Tyranicon figures out a way to push the campaign, the later stretch goals will likely not be met. It's sad because those are the actually interesting ones. Gotta say, you messed up the ordering here mate.
We still got ~23 days. I'm not worried.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom