Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Neanderthal

Arcane
A face you'd never tire of punching, even when your knuckles strain and splinter.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
So, if I get this right, then we start as a Thinblood and without a chosen Clan? Does that mean, that we can choose our clan later? Does anybody know, if we are bound to the three Disciplines of Bloodlines 1 again or will we get more of those over the course of the game? The one thing that Redemption did better than Bloodlines was the variety of disciplines to use.

As for the story getting more harmless: Guys, it's Vampire. There will be plenty of sleaze and Sex and violence for everyone. The setting lives from it's grimdark fetishes, I don't think the Vampires will be suddenly nice and cuddly. Best case scenario will turn everybody bi, so we can hump (except the guys, because no homo, I know. It's okay boys, I know how afraid you are) all the hot Vampires as much as we want. In the end it's a commercial product and ethics don't sell. Sex and violence do.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, there will be plenty of sex, just in this very weird, clinical, sterilized version SJWs think sex exists, or should exist. If something deviates from that, it will be portrayed as negative and literally worse than Lucifer. We don't know anything about disciplines, but from what I can gather, we'll start with the special thin-blood discipline and then learn new disciplines (or A discipline) from the clan we choose to "join". We won't become a part of that clan unless we diablerize someone, though. I don't know what happens if a thin-blood partakes in the From Marduk's Throat ritual.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Oh, there will be plenty of sex, just in this very weird, clinical, sterilized version SJWs think sex exists, or should exist. If something deviates from that, it will be portrayed as negative and literally worse than Lucifer. [...]

Well, to be fair I wouldn't want to get into a relationship with a Tzimisce. Have you seen, what those weirdos do with your furniture, after they have eaten? Hard to be positive, if I can't get the blood out of my favorite chair.

And to be honest, I think it will just turn to black and most of it will be in our heads. Sex senes in video games are still very ... unreal.

We don't know anything about disciplines, but from what I can gather, we'll start with the special thin-blood discipline and then learn new disciplines (or A discipline) from the clan we choose to "join". We won't become a part of that clan unless we diablerize someone, though. I don't know what happens if a thin-blood partakes in the From Marduk's Throat ritual.

Would make the most sense, yes. Maybe we can diablerize more than final boss? Could be interesting, but I guess it would have been too much work to write all the consequences for that decision down.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Actually now that I think about it, thin-bloods who lower their generation should just become normal vampires from the clan their sire was. So, yeah, thin-bloods who diablerize someone wouldn't magically change clans. That would be Caitiff I presume. This is what's going to happen -> you are a thin-blood, you choose to join a clan as an institution (not as a biological species) and learn their signature discipline(s). If you somehow do lower your generation, you might choose what clan your sire was from, but since (permanently) lowering your generation either requires a very secretive ritual of the Assamites or diablerie, I doubt we'll be lowering anything, except our expectations and excitement.

As far as I know, there is another ritual in V5 that could lower your generation, but it requires sacrifices or something like that. There is also the mechanical exploitation of temporarily lowering your generation with Blood Potence, embracing someone (who would be 1 gen lower than your initial gen) and then diablerzing your own childe, ad infinitum. I don't know whether that would work lore-wise, though, and it still requires diablerie.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
To be fair, DA:I is probably the second ever (mainstream or semi-mainstream) media which depicts a BDSM relationship between two people who aren't damaged or have psychological issues. Iron Bull is also sweet and caring, I don't see how that's a bad thing. It's still cringe like 99% of video game romances, but still, credit where credit's due. The first one is the film Preaching to the Perverted.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
To give it credit, Wolfenstein: The New Order actually portrayed it in a very realistic manner.

Huh. That was actually ... pretty tasteful and looks like something people would do. Huh. And the rest of the storytelling seems to be good too, after all what I've heard. Maybe I should buy those, when I get a new PC.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh, there will be plenty of sex, just in this very weird, clinical, sterilized version SJWs think sex exists, or should exist. If something deviates from that, it will be portrayed as negative and literally worse than Lucifer. We don't know anything about disciplines, but from what I can gather, we'll start with the special thin-blood discipline and then learn new disciplines (or A discipline) from the clan we choose to "join". We won't become a part of that clan unless we diablerize someone, though. I don't know what happens if a thin-blood partakes in the From Marduk's Throat ritual.
Well it is a game,nothing in them is realistic. You won't get to fuck some chick in some dirty club toilet and clean your dick from the cappuccino of her ass. The same way you won't see a realistic gore system that show what happens when you hit a dude in the legs with a 5 kilos of a iron hammer.

Most likely they will have some mission that sends to drain some traitor or outcast of the clan. Or they could just don't care about that part of the lore. It is not like thinbloods are demigods in the lore.

Roygbiv

Novice
Can't tell if this is old hat or not, but imho the "Tender" app will be the start of this game. Basically MC uses the app, turns out it's a mass catfishing scam like that Thot in NYC did, everyone gets group embraced. Probably be a Ventrue or Tremere conspiracy.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Makes one appreciate the wholesomeness of walking simulators. :oops:
17690.jpg

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
To be fair, DA:I is probably the second ever (mainstream or semi-mainstream) media which depicts a BDSM relationship between two people who aren't damaged or have psychological issues. Iron Bull is also sweet and caring, I don't see how that's a bad thing. It's still cringe like 99% of video game romances, but still, credit where credit's due. The first one is the film Preaching to the Perverted.
first good post from you I ever read

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, true, should've left it how it was, but decided to not be antagonistic, even if it was as a friendly jab. Actually, living in Germany has made me even more bitter and spiteful towards the SJW vocabulary and terminology. At my German school, there are German courses specifically for women, so they can have their safe space (actual words used, just in German). I've seen not 1, not 2, but 3 marches against homophobia, islamophobia, antisemitism, racism, sexism and what have you since I've been living here. It's simply cringey, reactionary and virtue-signal-y at this point.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Yeah, true, should've left it how it was, but decided to not be antagonistic, even if it was as a friendly jab. Actually, living in Germany has made me even more bitter and spiteful towards the SJW vocabulary and terminology. At my German school, there are German courses specifically for women, so they can have their safe space (actual words used, just in German). I've seen not 1, not 2, but 3 marches against homophobia, islamophobia, antisemitism, racism, sexism and what have you since I've been living here. It's simply cringey, reactionary and virtue-signal-y at this point.

It would like to think, that this post is a joke. But I have read your posts for too long now.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Uhmmm, they are not things I believe, they are things that took place, so still not sure what you mean. If you are referring to the fact I'm a foreigner and a bisexual (even though I've stopped using that word for myself, I find it too political and an oversimplification of a complex phenomenon), and I'm benefiting from their anti-whatever stances, then I'm more willing to talk about that, but it's still not good. I'm going to understand you are anti-whatever just by the way you talk and what the institutional and political policies are, you don't have to constantly rub it in my face. It's preachy, condescending and holier-than-thou attitude, it doesn't promote diversity and it doesn't help me understand I belong (not that I need to, I'm just presuming that that is one of their goals).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom