Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Vatnik Wumao
Are you still looking forward to this game's release now that the original dev rendition was discarded though, Wesp5?
I am, even though I should know better. Yet another triumph of the heart over the mind.
Will prolly check out some gameplay footage and reviews myself, but it's certainly no instant buy for me.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Russian publisher/localizer Snowball
a russian company called snowball it's like they are asking to be scammed
Snowball was a decent publisher in the 00s. They've localized hundreds of games and developed several dozens.
next you'll tell me a french company called du fromage are heroes of software preservation and that you have a bridge on the rhine to sell me
I got one on the river Kwai if you are looking.

Delterius

Arcane

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Are you still looking forward to this game's release now that the original dev rendition was discarded though, Wesp5?
I am, even though I should know better. Yet another triumph of the heart over the mind.
Will prolly check out some gameplay footage and reviews myself, but it's certainly no instant buy for me.
Did you play VTM: Swansong? Basically 90% dialogue, mood and story.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not really. Already in the little piece that I saw was so much funny Mitsoda writing and if they remove all of that, what is left to justify even the name?
Vampires?
barbarian poster doesn't think vampires are lame

fewer news at 11
Oh they will be lame once I am through with them.
:flamesaw:
They gotta count for something though right? Or is the setting utterly fucked now with paradox on it.

Vatnik Wumao
No Steam, no buy (and can't be bothered to torrent it). Simple as.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
No Steam, no buy (and can't be bothered to torrent it). Simple as.
It's not worth buying anyway. Just look at the metacritic ratings.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Just look at the metacritic ratings.
1. What a :decline: post.
2. The rating is low because of people thinking it will be an action game, people getting mad that there's blacks and gays in it, and the admittedly very ugly visual presentation. The game looks worse than an indie asset flip.
If you want a VTM themed visual novel with a bit of gameplay and character building, its not bad. Easily a 5/10 game, the score is low for anti-SJW activism reasons.

jackofshadows

Magister
If you want a VTM themed visual novel with a bit of gameplay and character building, its not bad. Easily a 5/10 game, the score is low for anti-SJW activism reasons.
The game looks like shit. The writing there is shit which is supposed to be the other way around in such a game. The only pro there are tiny detective bits here and there. 5/10 is way too generous.

Vatnik Wumao
The game looks like shit. The writing there is shit which is supposed to be the other way around in such a game. The only pro there are tiny detective bits here and there. 5/10 is way too generous.
Meh, will watch some reviews in a year from now when it comes on Steam and make up my mind then.

Meh, will watch some reviews in a year from now when it comes on Steam and make up my mind then.
Personally, I thought the Ventrue dude had some pretty cool moments. The Malkavian lady had some parts that were alright. Every single section with the Toreador was a complete chore.

Harthwain

Magister
I am curious what we will get. I mean, after Hardsuit Lab anything will be an improvement, surely?

Not really. Already in the little piece that I saw was so much funny Mitsoda writing and if they remove all of that, what is left to justify even the name?
Vampires?
Technically the system and the loose ties to Bloodlines 1.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Not holding out for another good vampire game. The closest thing I've played in recent years were Yakuza games because the yakuza clans are always scheming and fighting each other and not-so-secretly running everything in the city, and Kiryu has super powers like blowing up a helicopter with a rocket launcher without killing any of the crew, apparently.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Paradox's CEO is still fabulously optimistic, but not optimistic enough to reveal who's working on it

Since I get this question on Twitter every now and then, I think this information might be of interest to at least a few of you: The game is in good hands and we look forward to showing you more when the team and the game is ready.

As I reported a few months ago, the Bloodlines 2 boondoggle made Paradox re-examine the way they did business with their external partners, so I'm sure he's making an informed-if-biased assessment here.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
but not optimistic enough to reveal who's working on it
What's the reasoning behind this? No faith in the dev team? No faith in what they're making? Afraid they're going to get asked questions?
I can only speculate, but I'd say it's because they don't want to get embarrassed again. They were confident that Bloodlines 2 was going to be released when they announced it in 2019 and that went horribly. Unless Wester's fibbing, it sounds like they're meeting all their milestones so far, but they won't actually know for certain until they have a release date locked in.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't been following much of the develo9ment of this, but do we think they will rework everything, or just fix what was broken?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom