Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
there are plenty of devs that shifted from one genre to another and made beloved games. you guys are being negative.
Aside from Westwood, that before the EA acquisition made a habit of shifting between widely different genres and being successful at it, I can't really think of many examples.

Harebrained Schemes made mobile trash before Shadowrun, inXile made action crap before the Kickstarter revolution, Vavra went from Mafia to Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Paradox released their latest financial report. Profits are up and they have 15 games in the pipeline (Bloodlines 2, Hunter, 2 from Harebrained, Age of Wonders 4, 10 others I have no idea about). No direct reference to Bloodlines 2 but they did say that from now on there will be a much shorter time frame between announcement and release, that they'll announce a game only when they're certain of the quarter it's going to be released, and they have 3-6 releases currently planned for 2023.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Semiurge

Editing the post as I was responding to it, sneaky bugger.
But as I was going to say, no news is good news. The only news that could've dropped right now would've been delays or cancellation.

Semiurge

Cipher

Semiurge

But as I was going to say, no news is good news. The only news that could've dropped right now would've been delays or cancellation.

No news is bad news. Everyone involved, Paradox and whoever is developing this pos, need to either shit or get off the pot.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
It amazes me that people still expect a good game despite all the shit this game's development has suffered.
People will shit on it when it releases, regardless of quality. I just hope its at least as good as Vampyr, and that modders pick it up.
Worst case scenario, at least it inspires new fan art.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It amazes me that people still expect a good game despite all the shit this game's development has suffered.

tbf outside of art asset supposedly the old one was so FUBAR that the new dev start nearly from 0 so there is that

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
jesus are those all third party things or do they count their mainline GSGs as games under development
That's everything they're funding that's a new game. They're currently making DLC for 11 currently existing games

Delterius

Arcane
jesus are those all third party things or do they count their mainline GSGs as games under development
That's everything they're funding that's a new game. They're currently making DLC for 11 currently existing games
here i thought they just cancelled a ton of stuff. maybe their the sims killer is still being developed as well?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
here i thought they just cancelled a ton of stuff. maybe their the sims killer is still being developed as well?
They did. The previous CEO went on a ridiculous spending spree, this is them working within their budgets and climbing their way back up within reason. Paradox has over 700 employees and they don't make AAA games, so that's plenty of DLC and projects to go around.

Herumor

Scholar
Was Vampyr even good?
A game that has you playing as a vampire, while the narrative shits on you for playing as a vampire, a game where you have short burst shadow teleportation, yet your movement is still impeded by iron barred doors - no.

The only decent thing about it is the soundtrack by Olivier Derivière.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Semiurge

No news is bad news. Everyone involved, Paradox and whoever is developing this pos, need to either shit or get off the pot.

I'm surprised they haven't released any kind of news. You don't need video, screenshots or even concept art. Just do twitter/steam posts of VtMB2 fluff on characters, locations, features, etc.

I don't understand if the radio silence approach is some kind of marketing 3.0 tactic, or if whoever's involved just doesn't care.

At the very least, it signals to me that things are so much in flux that they don't want to eat their words later.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Was Vampyr even good?

I went in really wanting to like it, but only made it a few hours.

A game that has you playing as a vampire, while the narrative shits on you for playing as a vampire, a game where you have short burst shadow teleportation, yet your movement is still impeded by iron barred doors - no.

It's full of weird shit like this. One that prticularly irked me was the vampire hunters, who automatically knew you were a vampire despite not witnessing anything. You could talk to random people and they had no idea.

Wesp5

Arcane
It's full of weird shit like this. One that prticularly irked me was the vampire hunters, who automatically knew you were a vampire despite not witnessing anything. You could talk to random people and they had no idea.

Oh yes, and if I remember correctly you could feed on hunters during combat and stop feeding as you liked, but you could never control yourself in peaceful environments and stop draining innocent people...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm surprised they haven't released any kind of news. You don't need video, screenshots or even concept art. Just do twitter/steam posts of VtMB2 fluff on characters, locations, features, etc.

I don't understand if the radio silence approach is some kind of marketing 3.0 tactic, or if whoever's involved just doesn't care.

At the very least, it signals to me that things are so much in flux that they don't want to eat their words later.
As noted in today's Q&A, the cancellation of Hardsuit's Bloodlines 2 demoralized Paradox so severely that they decided to go ultra-conservative on announcements for everything they're doing from now on. None of that stuff will be applicable to what will actually get released.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

As noted in today's Q&A, the cancellation of Hardsuit's Bloodlines 2 demoralized Paradox so severely that they decided to go ultra-conservative on announcements for everything they're doing from now on. None of that stuff will be applicable to what will actually get released.
Is that a livestream Q&A? Would be pretty interested in reading it if a text copy is available.

Are they indicating that the new devs won't be using any of Hardsuit's stuff? Starting over from zero is pretty drastic. Makes you wonder what happened.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
there are plenty of devs that shifted from one genre to another and made beloved games. you guys are being negative.
Aside from Westwood, that before the EA acquisition made a habit of shifting between widely different genres and being successful at it, I can't really think of many examples.

Harebrained Schemes made mobile trash before Shadowrun, inXile made action crap before the Kickstarter revolution, Vavra went from Mafia to Kingdom Come Deliverance.
Bethesda Softworks made sports games before shifting to RPGs.

we7rLJd.png
iNVKtvC.png
QK9KTim.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom