Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Häyhä

Arbiter

the usual suspects

Nice comb-over.

85214be983416568488bbcd0fb656491--bad-hair-day-hairdos.jpg

I'm sure he was in reality head-over-heels excited about getting some virtual lovin' from Mitsoda. :P

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
So, 5 years in development, almost nobody who started the project is still working on it, and I'm sure the best is yet to come. This has got to be one of the worst development histories of all time.
Startup, huh? "I'm going to make my own VTMB2, with blackjack and hookers!"
If people did more things like that, the world would be a better place. I'm sure it isn't going to be that though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ah, a guy with a mind so broken he can only interpret entertainment through the lens of his politics.

Tagging Roguey What do you think?

Sounds like half-truths and misunderstandings. I doubt Sawyer would have hiring/firing clout at Black Isle/Obsidian.

The only interaction of theirs that I know of is that Mitsoda didn't know how to pre-buff in Icewind Dale https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...expansion-thread.100006/page-133#post-4409223

Obviously he may not have worked with Brian as closely as some of the people at Obsidian or Hard Suit, but it still suggests these reports of him being a prima donna should be taken with a pinch of salt.

When you're the guy in charge, you don't need to act like a prima donna. :M

CyberModuled

Arbiter
"A true gamer moment"

Well no, that would be saying "nigger" in a variety of contexts on a prestigious game forum. Also I don't think I've ever seen a man like Mitsoda cross the line between upset about basically being fired and defending the people he was probably creatively butting heads with at once.

Semiurge

Cipher
Jennifer Unkle said:
I realized yesterday that the former narrative lead for Bloodlines 2 also popped up in my Bloodlines 1 stream, as the grave keeper who cat called me and prompted the most awkward sex scene I've ever witnessed.

Jennifer Unkle said:
I mean yeah, there's a lot that's awkward or bad in that game, but I feel like the lead writer inserting himself as a character who lusts after the player is a whole extra tier of uncomfortable.

Uh-huh, yeah right, like someone like xer would be offended by the overtures of Romero in real life. Or could afford to be, that is. The only possibility is that Romero's hunky appearance awakens something uncomfortable in xer, which xe tries to resist in a futile effort to protect xerself from rejection, even from fictive characters.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Uh-huh, yeah right, like someone like xer would be offended by the overtures of Romero in real life. Or could afford to be, that is. The only possibility is that Romero's hunky appearance awakens something uncomfortable in xer, which xe tries to resist in a futile effort to protect xerself from rejection, even from fictive characters.
'

This is what this has always been about. Hot chicks give approx. zero fucks about being 'objectified', and quite enjoy it actually. Busted blue danger haired landwhales are the bitter bitches who are now in power and really upset that Chad and Tyrone look right past them for Becky and Beyonce.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I have been waiting for Mitsoda to get cancelled for Romero for a looooooooong time (probably not this time though, this is still a relative nobody).

Semiurge

Cipher
Do these people completely lose themselves in the games, can't they tell the difference between reality and fiction? So what if some writer injected himself into a game to stroke his ego (Romero was probably just a self-ironic joke), why should anyone be bothered by his dumb move, unless the writer in question
troubles them on a personal level?

I've often thought that someone should tell them that they are only games, nothing more. You can't save the world by eliminating unsavory characters from works of fiction, their presence does not normalize behaviour thought to be immoral, they exist as proxies so we can project our feelings into them. We need both heroes and villains because they both represent unanswered urges and driving forces in our minds. I bet that these trigger-flakes wouldn't agree that violent games normalize violence in real life, so how could sexist/racist characters do so? Anyone old enough to play "mature" games should already be somewhat immune to such influences so that they won't automatically ape everything they see, anyone with agency can and will question what is presented to them.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Do these people completely lose themselves in the games, can't they tell the difference between reality and fiction? So what if some writer injected himself into a game to stroke his ego (Romero was probably just a self-ironic joke), why should anyone be bothered by his dumb move, unless the writer in question
troubles them on a personal level?

I've often thought that someone should tell them that they are only games, nothing more. You can't save the world by eliminating unsavory characters from works of fiction, their presence does not normalize behaviour thought to be immoral, they exist as proxies so we can project our feelings into them. We need both heroes and villains because they both represent unanswered urges and driving forces in our minds. I bet that these trigger-flakes wouldn't agree that violent games normalize violence in real life, so how could sexist/racist characters do so? Anyone old enough to play "mature" games should already be somewhat immune to such influences so that they won't automatically ape everything they see, anyone with agency can and will question what is presented to them.

Players are retarded. I had something longer here, but I fucking deleted it, because "players are retarded" suffices.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will not be paying full price for this, but much like with the original, I will keep an eye out for its reviews.

As far as Brian goes, any low in life is just a precursor to a new (and better) high. I wish him the best.
But, most of all, I hope he starts visiting the Codex. I would have quite a few questions to ask him.

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as Brian goes, any low in life is just a precursor to a new (and better) high. I wish him the best.

It's been a 17 year long low, I hope he gets his time soon.

On a slightly more serious note, I decided to watch the Malkavian Clan Introduction as it featured Brian.

I have timestamped it for convenience but Brian's social anxiety comes off very obvious here which makes me feel more upset on his behalf. It really goes to show how much Brian poured into this project.

Saerain

Augur
Patron

He lived in Seattle alongside Annie all these years, it's
clear.png
clear.png
:fabulously optimistic: to have thought he wouldn't get corrupted by that Soyhole like she was.
Of course, it just stands out to me that, of the prominent figures, he was the least militant and obnoxious with it, and got snuffed. The comrade who's in it naively as long as it's convenient and then shot in the head. Where's my tinfoil emoji?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom