Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

user

Savant
If that's a 3D model they show off, the game's in deep shit... I've seen better crafted models in throwaway mobile games...
They will even manage to surpass our worst expectations...

Edit: just went through some pages of the thread, read some of their tweetys and jesus christ holy shit this is going to be such a disaster

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
Edit: just went through some pages of the thread, read some of their tweetys and jesus christ holy shit this is going to be such a disaster

My appetite for mockery, slander and proverbial pitchfork lynchings is being whetted.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
If that's a 3D model they show off, the game's in deep shit... I've seen better crafted models in throwaway mobile games...
I mean, a mobile developer, even a shitty mobile one, has to create an eye-catching design in a game that might very well be played on a ~6 inch display, so they have to work at making it eye-catching. A PC/console developer is under no such constraints. Necessity is the mother of invention, after all.

Semiurge

Cipher
I mean, a mobile developer, even a shitty mobile one, has to create an eye-catching design in a game that might very well be played on a ~6 inch display, so they have to work at making it eye-catching. A PC/console developer is under no such constraints. Necessity is the mother of invention, after all.

I doubt this has much to do with BL2's apparent lack of taste. It's got more to do with the woke ethos and 'design by committee' approach.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Just took another look at the list of games developed by Chinese Room and my heart sank. It's the poor man's walking simulator studio. Not even the "good" walking simulators (that I've never played and despise on principle), but the shittier one. Yikes.

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
agC89jT.jpg

I just came to the realisation that this model is actually using the male body type. There are no breasts, you can almost see a bulge and the thighs are muscular. The head is the same bulldyke model as before, so maybe the body type and hair color are the only things you can change. Before installing the potential cosmetics DLC, of course. I can't wait to enable the "gruff" male voice option with that head.
Bruh, it's not the male body type. They said that earlier.

Oof. I know "bulldyke" was mentioned, but the incongruity made me think "puddle pirate (Coast Guard) that just graduated basic". I do a lot of sports and built women are a thing, but they never look like this.

Harthwain

Magister
Oof. I know "bulldyke" was mentioned, but the incongruity made me think "puddle pirate (Coast Guard) that just graduated basic". I do a lot of sports and built women are a thing, but they never look like this.
Yeah, there is nothing "built" here. Both natural and testosterone-filled women who actually exercise will end up looking differently than this. Calling these thighs "muscular" is fabulously optimistic, too. Not having twigs for legs (because you're not anorexic) is not the same as having muscular body parts. You have to have loose pants to hide the muscles, not thigh leather (or latex, I can't tell). This is just an average asexual build. Because we don't want to insult somebody by having sexy or sex-distinct-looking vampires in our vampire game, right?

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ok, so main character is a darkie tranny. We're off to an amazing start.

Why couldn't this shit just remain cancelled?

Kedar

Educated
Ok, so main character is a darkie tranny. We're off to an amazing start.

Why couldn't this shit just remain cancelled?
This game already seems to be on track to be a short, banal adventure game with janky combat. I'd say that's enough of a reason to shit on it even without bringing gender politics into it.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
So in the original the player could pick male or female. 20 years later technology has advanced so far we are not able to have that choice.

I thought the reason for the xir-like cringe name "fire" was to make it gender ambivalent and we could still choose what the protagonists junk was made of.

Are these people trying to fail?

RagingNomad

Educated
Are you stupid or what? Why 90% of this community so annoying? Just go to the dev diary and find that string about change gender.
So in the original the player could pick male or female. 20 years later technology has advanced so far we are not able to have that choice.

I thought the reason for the xir-like cringe name "fire" was to make it gender ambivalent and we could still choose what the protagonists junk was made of.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Are you stupid or what? Why 90% of this community so annoying? Just go to the dev diary and find that string about change gender.

Nigger. Please.

What do you think I am, a retard like yourself? :lol:

RagingNomad

Educated
Yes, you are. Just use your brain. Go to official cite and read letters. I know it's hard for you.

Nigger. Please.

Semiurge

Cipher
agC89jT.jpg

I just came to the realisation that this model is actually using the male body type. There are no breasts, you can almost see a bulge and the thighs are muscular. The head is the same bulldyke model as before, so maybe the body type and hair color are the only things you can change. Before installing the potential cosmetics DLC, of course. I can't wait to enable the "gruff" male voice option with that head.
Bruh, it's not the male body type. They said that earlier.

If this thing came from CDProjekt Red, we'd probably get something like this:

Unqn96b.jpg

mImMO5p.jpg

Judging by the Witchers and Cyber Punk they have some aesthetical taste. The characters look real and fit the settings perfectly, and show some taste in their chosen style of clothing and grooming. The CR brujah looks like some genderfluid 1⁄4 native american larping as a gay biker.

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Yes, you are. Just use your brain. Go to official cite and read letters. I know it's hard for you.

Nigger. Please.

At least you concede you are a retard :lol:

Shaja

Educated
CDPR team are VTM fans. And they actualy admitted that were inspired by Bloodlines when making Cyberpunk. Hope in the future they can get the license... unless there´s an unannounced project in development going on.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
This game already seems to be on track to be a short, banal adventure game with janky combat.
I would never have expected this from the developers of Dear Esther and Machine for Warpigs.

I'd say that's enough of a reason to shit on it even without bringing gender politics into it.
Yeah, but we don't need to restrict what aspect of a shit game we shit upon. The game devs chose to bring gender politics into the fray, and so it's fair play to shit on them for this.

We can shit on the game for being a walking simulator AND for having blue-haired tranny pajeet protagonists!

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Does this mean that the exact same tranny model will be dubbed "male" or "female" or "non-binary" with the according sacred pronouns?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Any mention of that fabled extended gameplay footage yet?
1705770749982.png

It's supposed to happen sometime this month. Wait and see I guess.

A full gameplay trailer is make it or break it at this point. Either you ramp up hype and get those juicy pre-orders, or people laugh at you on the internet.

RagingNomad

Educated
CDPR team are VTM fans. And they actualy admitted that were inspired by Bloodlines when making Cyberpunk. Hope in the future they can get the license... unless there´s an unannounced project in development going on.
Oh no. CP77 has a dead world, useless NPCs, no world simulation, idiotic pumping (just like in The Witcher 3), cyberpunk setting Poles didn't realize, boring stealth, car is literally a horse, netrunning is terrible, no variation in the narrative ( literally 99% of the game is linear). Why would you want something like that in VtM?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom