Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Tao

Savant
Imagine how bad was the hardsuit labs' version that they needed to can that version to give us THIS one

I'm really speechless with this game development. This has to be one of the most dumpfire/trainwrecked games ever make.

sosmoflux

Educated
I can't even dunk on them anymore. It's weapons-grade second hand embarrassment seeing this shit.

Is it them? Or does this medium simply have nothing left to say?

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Well, when you see utter garbage succeed why even try.

Until that turns around mediocrity is the dish of the day, every day.

Semiurge

Cipher
What are these abilities supposed to be in the first place? In Bloodlines the ability stats were passive, if they mean weapons and disciplines why didn't they say so? Also they didn't mention firearms at all...

They avoid using the word 'disciplines' because it would just confuse the noobies.

Imagine how bad was the hardsuit labs' version that they needed to can that version to give us THIS one

HL had better character concepts, that's for sure. Lou, Damp, Damsel, the LaCroix-lookalike ventrue, "Curly", and the long hair biker brujah. They all gave off certain vibes that allowed you to determine their personality, and this would've also allowed their outward appearances to be deceiving. It's a pity most of them probably got the axe, the only ones that didn't are in the VtM lore like Lou.

Wesp5

Arcane
It's a pity most of them probably got the axe, the only ones that didn't are in the VtM lore like Lou.

They already showed the Nosferatu guy from the HSL demo, so with a little bit of luck they will use other models as well.

The President

Educated
Unless I’m wrong isn’t the Nosferatu character just using the model but is a different character where Lou Grand is still Lou Grand.

I also think firearms aren’t going to be used by Phyre, I imagine using guns is counter to the theme of feeling like a vampire.

Wesp5

Arcane
The Toreador I played in Bloodlines would not like to have his nice clothes drenched in blood ;), and removing firearms from the game would just mean removing a way to play the game which was available in Bloodlines.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
removing firearms from the game would just mean removing a way to play the game which was available in Bloodlines.

Based on what they've showed us and the most recent devblog I would be pretty surprised to see guns make it into the game in any meaningful way. This seems like a first person brawler mostly.

Also, the devblog doesn't give me any confidence that the gameplay element will be more than window dressing.

--> Go into a room

1. Sneak
2. Fight

Repeat until dialogue portion.

Shaja

Educated
In anticipation towards Bloodlines 2, what am I doing with my life ...

vac5w8wn25fc1.png

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I also think firearms aren’t going to be used by Phyre, I imagine using guns is counter to the theme of feeling like a vampire.
Bloodlines isn't just about feeling like a vampire. Its about feeling like a vampire in a modern city. The "modern" and "city" parts are equally important as the vampire part. Guns help much with the modern part.

Cross

Arcane
Removing guns would not only be dumb from a gameplay standpoint, but it would also undermine the experience of playing as a vampire. In VtM vampires are resistant to bullets (which are classified as bashing damage), but they are vulnerable to lethal damage from being cut by bladed weapons. It's one of the better thought out ways to balance guns and melee weapons in a modern day setting, and it's true to vampire lore.

Removing that aspect would be pure decline. So naturally, it looks like they are going to do just that. They might even go one step further and remove weapons entirely, only letting you fight with your fists. It definitely looks like that, with all the "gameplay" videos so far showing the player flailing around with their hands.

The President

Educated
The game takes place in modern day Seattle. Even the homeless on the streets have smart phones and access to wifi hotspots. It’d be a strange choice to not have smart phones.

sosmoflux

Educated
Imagine how not-seriously you're going to take this game if it's all about crime and evil and gangs in America and you can't use guns lol.

Only walking sim rotted brains could conceive of such nonsense.

sosmoflux

Educated
The game takes place in modern day Seattle. Even the homeless on the streets have smart phones and access to wifi hotspots. It’d be a strange choice to not have smart phones.
Not sure about callings, but in the HSL demo you receive at the beginning a text message

We were too harsh on this, 3 years later it actually doesn't look that bad... come back Mitsoda... :negative:

The President

Educated
I already got my Super Bowl bets in, so I’m curious what the betting odds would be that this game demo impresses this forum tomorrow. Over/under for the gameplay vid being 30mins etc.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Moment of truth.

I really hope it's not 20 minutes of devs talking and 30 seconds of gameplay.

Is the vertical slice too old fashioned now? Ideally, they should show chargen (whatever there is), dialogue, characters, factions/clans, then some combat/gameplay.

What I'm expecting is a lot of concept art gifs lol. We'll see.

Either way, :bounce::bounce:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom