Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Shaja

Educated
CDPR team are VTM fans. And they actualy admitted that were inspired by Bloodlines when making Cyberpunk. Hope in the future they can get the license... unless there´s an unannounced project in development going on.
Oh no. CP77 has a dead world, useless NPCs, no world simulation, idiotic pumping (just like in The Witcher 3), cyberpunk setting Poles didn't realize, boring stealth, car is literally a horse, netrunning is terrible, no variation in the narrative ( literally 99% of the game is linear). Why would you want something like that in VtM?
I apologize for enjoying life.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Oooh! I had a vision today. I drank some spoiled wine and went to bed. Then I had the impression that I was drifting away, exceeding the limits of my body. Amidst the flickering colors, my soul passed to future events, and there Roguey was watching Vampire gameplay on his smartphone.

The chaotic footage shows some wierd people interspersed with short gameplay footage. Rendered light flickered to the rhythm of frame-by-frame animations of a woman with a man's body firing misdirected shots at identical enemies, and then blood magic made of two textures danced around her.When the largest enemy falls, "SABBATH_BIG_BAD is dead. 1000XP for INSERT_PLAYER" appears at the top of the screen. Then random xir says it's the best experience of his life and the rainbow Paradox logo appears on the screen.

Tears were streaming down Roguey's cheeks.

Last edited:

Shaja

Educated
when the extended gameplay reveal happens you will APOLOGIZE for your thoughts and deeds.
The expectation is pretty much a low-medium budget with some stealth/action/rpg mechanics, whether can be well implemented or just mediocre. Nevertheless the gameplay can remind of modern deus ex games, dishonored, cyberpunk , modern thief. Which is my preference for games. Therefore an enjoyer.

The President

Educated
Well January is getting close to the end and no gameplay video yet. I imagine it will come out on Wednesday.

I have an idea of how it’s going to look and I hope I’m wrong. I think it’ll be mediocre with a nice setting and environments but there won’t be enough VTM mechanics or lore to interest the targeted audience. I think they’ll play it safe with the dialogue or in game comments, so the feel will be very different from the original or HSL build. I also think the combat will be Phyre just mowing down enemy after enemy.

J1M

Arcane
agC89jT.jpg

I just came to the realisation that this model is actually using the male body type. There are no breasts, you can almost see a bulge and the thighs are muscular. The head is the same bulldyke model as before, so maybe the body type and hair color are the only things you can change. Before installing the potential cosmetics DLC, of course. I can't wait to enable the "gruff" male voice option with that head.
Bruh, it's not the male body type. They said that earlier.

Oof. I know "bulldyke" was mentioned, but the incongruity made me think "puddle pirate (Coast Guard) that just graduated basic". I do a lot of sports and built women are a thing, but they never look like this.

If this thing came from CDProjekt Red, we'd probably get something like this:

Unqn96b.jpg

mImMO5p.jpg

Judging by the Witchers and Cyber Punk they have some aesthetical taste. The characters look real and fit the settings perfectly, and show some taste in their chosen style of clothing and grooming. The CR brujah looks like some genderfluid 1⁄4 native american larping as a gay biker.
If you are going to go to the trouble of using super/sub script for a fraction, why not just use the unicode character?

Semiurge

Cipher
agC89jT.jpg

I just came to the realisation that this model is actually using the male body type. There are no breasts, you can almost see a bulge and the thighs are muscular. The head is the same bulldyke model as before, so maybe the body type and hair color are the only things you can change. Before installing the potential cosmetics DLC, of course. I can't wait to enable the "gruff" male voice option with that head.
Bruh, it's not the male body type. They said that earlier.

Oof. I know "bulldyke" was mentioned, but the incongruity made me think "puddle pirate (Coast Guard) that just graduated basic". I do a lot of sports and built women are a thing, but they never look like this.

If this thing came from CDProjekt Red, we'd probably get something like this:

Unqn96b.jpg

mImMO5p.jpg

Judging by the Witchers and Cyber Punk they have some aesthetical taste. The characters look real and fit the settings perfectly, and show some taste in their chosen style of clothing and grooming. The CR brujah looks like some genderfluid 1⁄4 native american larping as a gay biker.
If you are going to go to the trouble of using super/sub script for a fraction, why not just use the unicode character?

Codex doesn't support unicode, not fully anyway. I specifically pasted the correct symbol but it got converted to plain text.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
DU didn't run the db conversion process that I told him to when we switched to XF. Also, according to Twiglard he then intentionally made some unicode not work, either to prevent emojis from being used, or various layout-breaking crap that some users liked to post. Or both.

Semiurge

Cipher
DU didn't run the db conversion process that I told him to when we switched to XF. Also, according to Twiglard he then intentionally made some unicode not work, either to prevent emojis from being used, or various layout-breaking crap that some users liked to post. Or both.

Emojis are cringe when used as a replacement for punctuation, but sometimes they may have their uses. Emoji support would widen the potential pool of images you can insert into thread titles. That's a dangerous game though, they must be used wisely at all times.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Its encouraging that they correctly identify the 3 types of people who'd play this game, and why:
>The "immersive sim" stealth enthusiast a la Dishonored
>The God of War combat console gamer a la God of War
>The Bloodlines 1 fan who is there for the mood and atmosphere of the setting

user

Savant
Its encouraging that they correctly identify the 3 types of people who'd play this game, and why:
Yeah, it's encouraging they at least know Bloodlines 1 was a game.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah, it's encouraging they at least know Bloodlines 1 was a game.
Its encouraging they know Bloodlines 1 wasn't about stealth kills or action combat, and that's not why people keep returning to it.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm going to spare you guys from the marketing talk and post the only real, new detail from the devdiary:

How we use abilities is also streamlined, to maintain immersion. Abilities are mapped to the face buttons (on gamepad), limiting the player to 4 available at one time. This is a small enough amount that a player can use them without breaking their flow, but also deep enough, through the different ways you can combine and use them that it keeps combat engaging and fun.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Gargaune

Arcane
I'm going to spare you guys from the marketing talk and post the only real, new detail from the devdiary:

How we use abilities is also streamlined, to maintain immersion. Abilities are mapped to the face buttons (on gamepad), limiting the player to 4 available at one time. This is a small enough amount that a player can use them without breaking their flow, but also deep enough, through the different ways you can combine and use them that it keeps combat engaging and fun.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Meh. You know I love doom-and-glooming on this inevitable circus, but this ain't a showstopper - if a declinebox controller's big enough for Mankind Divided's augs, it's good enough for whatever this thing's gonna be. I'm not saying it'll be good, but merely that this won't be the reason it sucks.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Meh. You know I love doom-and-glooming on this inevitable circus, but this ain't a showstopper - if a declinebox controller's big enough for Mankind Divided's augs, it's good enough for whatever this thing's gonna be. I'm not saying it'll be good, but merely that this won't be the reason it sucks.

It's not really much by itself. It's just weird that out of an entire blog post of marketing babble that's the only real concrete detail they added.

The marketing/PR team is severely out of touch with what players want, which does not bode well.

Imagine, in 2024, boasting that players are restricted to 4 awesome buttons at a time.

Wesp5

Arcane
What are these abilities supposed to be in the first place? In Bloodlines the ability stats were passive, if they mean weapons and disciplines why didn't they say so? Also they didn't mention firearms at all...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What are these abilities supposed to be in the first place? In Bloodlines the ability stats were passive, if they mean weapons and disciplines why didn't they say so? Also they didn't mention firearms at all...
They probably mean stuff like potence presence celerity and all those other assorted coping mechanisms vampires have in order to be competitive in a world with incendiary rounds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom