Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

All white people except for one Japanese chick and no dangerhairs. Is it wrong to suddenly feel optimistic?

Its a UK based studio. Based in London. Means wokeness taken to another dimension. They removed the two seductress characters from the previous iterations. The big boobed christina hendricks look alike and the turkish vixen in the club. I think this will end up even more woke max than the hardsuit version lol.

Herumor

Scholar

All white people except for one Japanese chick and no dangerhairs. Is it wrong to suddenly feel optimistic?

Its a UK based studio. Based in London. Means wokeness taken to another dimension. They removed the two seductress characters from the previous iterations. The big boobed christina hendricks look alike and the turkish vixen in the club. I think this will end up even more woke max than the hardsuit version lol.

I could have sworn I read something about how the studio basically got rid of everyone who worked on their past games and just hired new people. Something that happened when they got bought out?

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

A Path of Blood​

Clans
Between today and the end of 2023, we will reveal all playable clans in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2.
In the opening months of 2024, we will reveal gameplay and go into depth on disciplines, playstyles and the experience of playing the game as each clan.

Gameplay
We will be back with a full-length gameplay video in January, 2024.

Launch
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will release Fall 2024. We’ll be back with a precise date when we open pre-orders.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Just because you hate non-white people, having only white people doesn't make a guarantee.. *look at bethesda*

Vincente

Arbiter

Moink

Cipher

Worse than that actually, based in Brighton which is basically a giant homosexual ghetto.

BlackheartXIII

Educated
Here Sarah Longthorne the assigned senior narrative designer on VTMB2 resume: https://sarahlongthorne.com/about

UNANNOUNCED PROJECT​

• Acted as lead writer on crit path content, including cutscenes, branching conversations, ambient VO and more
  • Designed dialogue systems and branching architecture
  • Collaborated with design on the conceptualisation of optional and side content
  • Worked closely with other teams (especially Level Design), the Principle Narrative Designer and the Creative Director to bring our story to life in a way that makes the best, most immersive and impactful use of the medium
  • Iterated on feedback from the Creative Director, the wider team, external stakeholders and sensitivity readers, and provided feedback to other team members
  • Provided feedback and direction to voice actors in the booth

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I do think the trailer misses the Vampire mark, but combat looked better than what Bloodlines 2 1.0 showed.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Three-way struggle? Elder? Set in Seattle? That sounds disturbingly like Swansong. At least it's alive even though I have little hope for the studio making it.

leino

Cipher
Looks nice enough but maybe that's the problem, it's kinda missing that grindhouse feel as someone called it from the original Bloodlines

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah, combat looks better, the studio might be technically more competent, but aside from that, it doesn't look like Bloodlines 2 at all.

Bloodlines was irreverential in both its looks, themes and music, this looks and sounds operatic, some self-indulgent posh larp bullshit.

And people will lap it up. I think we have a worst case scenario on our hands here.

Wesp5

Arcane
An awakened Elder? I don't remember that from Swansong. It sounds rather similar to Bloodlines, except there he wasn't supposed to be awakened.
Also they kept the Nosferatu model, so hopes are high they kept other content too! Who is the lady shown first? The new Prince instead of Cross?
From the haircut and the namedrop, the second could be Lou Grand and it seems they copy the close-combat-approach of HSL, what a shame!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh hey actual details about the story. https://www.pcgamer.com/vampire-the...different-gameplay-mechanics-and-rpg-systems/

The Chinese Room has kept Bloodlines 2's initial planned setting of Seattle, and while Greaney noted that they "have been able to reuse a significant amount of art and level design" from Hardsuit's project, Skidmore was quick to clarify that The Chinese Room is using "a new code base with different gameplay mechanics and RPG systems." Bloodlines 2 is also still set at yuletide, but is now in the grips of a historic snowstorm, and Bloodlines 2's new trailer and concept art remind me of the OG Max Payne's grimy, modern NYC Ragnarök.

We're also getting a completely different sort of protagonist than Hardsuit Labs had planned. Bloodlines 2 was to originally star a recently-turned "thin blood" vampire. In World of Darkness rules, older is better, and the legendary bloodlines of Antediluvian vampire patriarchs have diluted over the millennia⁠—they just don't make new-gen vamps like they used to.

"We don't want it to be just a sort of poor homage or pastiche of Bloodlines 1. We want it to be its own thing," Skidmore explained. "We're not doing what Bloodlines 1 did, which is a traditional RPG game start: the very first day you're a vampire. The actual character you are has been a vampire for quite a while. And that was to create something different from Bloodlines to give a different experience."

Bloodlines 2 will now star an "Elder" vampire awoken from an indeterminate torpor (read: long-ass vampire nap), and going off old Vampire: The Masquerade rules, you get Elder status after 300 years of undeath. Since Bloodlines 1's days, a joint Vatican-global intelligence "Second Inquisition" has hit the vampire underground hard, culling its ranks. An ancient, supremely powerful big boy vampire waking up in Seattle is a bit of an event.

Skidmore seems keen on striking a balance between having this ancient be an established character, and letting the player sketch out their vamp of choice: "You have enough that you can fill in the character a bit as you go and roleplay, but they're also an established thing that you understand as aspirational."

"Eat shit, Brian 'thinblood' Mitsoda" - The Chinese Room

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I need to see more, but so far it's an overall improvement to what we had with Hardsuit Labs.

What's their stance on fireweapons? Is it one of the playstyles available? Are there other monsters and creatures to fight besides humanoids? How well does NPCs react and emote during conversations? Is the writing decent enough? How much does it branches (meaningfully)?

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
If you play as an Elder, how will they balance this shit? 300 year old vampire, won't you be able to wipe out everyone in the city?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom