Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Medieval levels were much better.
No. The medieval levels and the modern levels were

perfectly-balanced-as-all-things-should-be.jpg

I agree to disagree, but you know what? That's fine. All these imperfections fade with time. If we still remember Redemption, even as a worse game than Bloodlines, it must have had something timeless about it.

CK3 - Princes of Darkness.
Doesn't the mod for CK2 offer far more content?

CK3 is more character-focused, so this type of mod makes more sense in this iteration.

Joyvankek

Learned
Why can't I make my own PC like I could in VtM:B?
You couldn't. You could choose a clan that had its own particular model and a name that no one called you by.
I could chose my clan, sex and a name.(I prefer NPCs not to use it if, if the alternative is being called something shitty like... I dunno... Pyre.)
I could chose backstory, either changed the order of my attributes or gave me some buffs and debuffs.
Different clans were different to play. Some to much higher degree than the others but still.
The writing was very good, and the game made you feel like vampire.
I don't ask for anything more than that. Sure I would want some improvements, though I doubt the modern days developers are capable of doing that. For the game to be a little bit bigger than the first one, to the extend where it wouldn't be at the expense of quality of quests and locations.

So far VtM:B2 looks like we will be pre-defined character that looks like butch lesbian from modern California, not an elder vampire, with some retarded thin-blood that will probably bash us with the dev is opinions about our actions, and characters.
We apparently can't just make our own minds anymore.

Would be a shame if my PC would casually go around calling people niggers and faggots, which could have been normal in the times before his torpor. So obviously we need to have a voice in our head that will tell him that's haram these days.
:smug:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Wesp5

Arcane
I could chose backstory, either changed the order of my attributes or gave me some buffs and debuffs.
This is a Wesp addition. I don't know if it's yet another one of his fan fics or cut content or the reasons for it being cut if that was the case, but it wasn't in the game Troika shipped.
The histories were not active in the original game, but a simple config command was all you needed to activate them as they basically were already done by Troika! I only balanced a few to work with occult items, completed some unfinished and broken ones and made sure that every clan gets the same number. I guess Troika disabled them right before the game was released due to a bug that could make you increase your stats by switching back and forth between them. I couldn't fix this either, but I made Jack comment on it if players use it to cheat and this seemed to be fine enough for everybody using the plus patch.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I guess Troika disabled them right before the game was released due to a bug that could make you increase your stats by switching back and forth between them.
That's a possibility, but I dunno. In Temple of Elemental Evil it was possible to use point buy to increase any given attribute to 18 and then switch over to dice-rolling and drag the number from where it was to the empty boxes so you can wind up with maxed stats. They didn't consider that a big enough to deal to get rid of one or the other.

The President

Educated
Watch she’ll have went to sleep to wake up in a time where she feels more accepted.

If I was making a game with an elder waking up, that elder would be a nasty bastard looking to flex their muscles.

And yes that was something I exploited big time in ToEE. Funny how both their games had the same feature.

std::namespace

There is a really dumb element in the lore where consuming the soul of a powerful vampire during diablerie can allow their soul to take over your body and allow the writers to resurrect a dead clan leader.
Why is it dumb?
Success is so nearly impossible and with enough lasting consequences already that adding an additional level of "well actually, the nearly dead elder you consumed stole your body after it died!" is retarded.
have you read a single vtm campaign example from the books? its not about your teenage powertrip phantasy... mostly

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a really dumb element in the lore where consuming the soul of a powerful vampire during diablerie can allow their soul to take over your body and allow the writers to resurrect a dead clan leader.
Why is it dumb?
Success is so nearly impossible and with enough lasting consequences already that adding an additional level of "well actually, the nearly dead elder you consumed stole your body after it died!" is retarded.
have you read a single vtm campaign example from the books? its not about your teenage powertrip phantasy... mostly
Zombra please confirm

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What's funny is that playing as a butch turkoid mongrel still seems vastly superior compared to playing as Hardsuit's growth-stunted stick manlet.

vhEzIAC6NhWCeMVbaIIo8BUAy_D2uL6rwux7WxB0nc0.jpg
It's incredible how shit the model looks.
Absolutely bland looking.
The models in Bloodlines had character and uniqueness.
The aristocratic and sophisticated Ventrue wore suits and coats.
The ugly Nosferatu wore very little, just Goth boots, chains and leather.
The insane Malkavian wore really outlandish outfits. The female Malk outfits are my favorite...
3168878d2cbca40343c3c945a6a140a5f99ccb67.png

a1feb3770b1a155903ebadec8c19b367dcaa65e9.png

J1M

Arcane
What's funny is that playing as a butch turkoid mongrel still seems vastly superior compared to playing as Hardsuit's growth-stunted stick manlet.

vhEzIAC6NhWCeMVbaIIo8BUAy_D2uL6rwux7WxB0nc0.jpg
Character creator allows Seattle residents to create characters too.

Modron

Arcane
Since we're only going to get 1 male and 1 female mc it would be nice if clan selection altered the model slightly not even asking for much, different hair styles, different/frayed up clothes, some scars, whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom