Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Butch MC with Millennial haircut who just woke from "100" year sleep. Forcing you to play as a gypsy armenian
Phyre is a character with a long history, but you will be able to customize them and choose their gender, clan, outfits, behavior, and so much more.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
ssWXSkQ.jpg
I don't like vampires who look like they've just left the runway. It may be true to the everything-and-nothing culture of today, but it's just so anaemic
Clearly someone needs to be phyred.

havox

Novice
already massive RED FLAGs are showing. Butch MC with Millennial haircut who just woke from "100" year sleep. Forcing you to play as a gypsy armenian etc... this game is a massive bomb in the making.
To me the biggest red flag is the resonance part. Having a faggot called Fabien living rent-free in your head is one thing, but having to care what your food thinks of your clothing choices is a whole new level of gay.
11:23 And so it sounds like you're hinting at a system that we have in Vampire:
11:27 The Masquerade - Resonance, which is the emotional state of dinner, essentially, of your prey.
11:34 Yeah, absolutely. It's important to Phyre sometimes what the Resonance
11:39 of the character she's feeding on is, and she can push that, and she can change that or attempt it.
11:46 It might not work, as I said, depends how you're dressed,
11:49 depends who the character is and what they feel about how you've approach them.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
They're gonna make you suck his dick before drinking his blood

Wesp5

Arcane
Butch MC with Millennial haircut who just woke from "100" year sleep. Forcing you to play as a gypsy armenian
Phyre is a character with a long history, but you will be able to customize them and choose their gender, clan, outfits, behavior, and so much more.
If "and so much more" mean haircut and ethnicity, then am GAME!
Speaking of haircut, the first thing Fabien must have convinced the player to do after sleeping 100 years is go to a barber ;)!

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The Man MC in the artwork looks like an emasculated twink while the woman MC looks like she regular takes testosterone boosters & other types of roids.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Would have to have been a Tzimisce barber. Otherwise the hair would grow back the next night.
This would be handwaved considering there's not a single moment in Bloodlines where you have to go in for the day (except that bit after the werewolf). It's perpetually night.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Would have to have been a Tzimisce barber. Otherwise the hair would grow back the next night.
This would be handwaved considering there's not a single moment in Bloodlines where you have to go in for the day (except that bit after the werewolf). It's perpetually night.
The passage of time is referenced a few times, implying the events of the game span about two weeks.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After thinking about it, the newest video is mostly disappointment. Voiced character, a dude in your head, seemingly not many dialog options. I didn't have high expectations to begin with, but it was all meh tier for now.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Reception to this seems to be negative across all sites (even among their lib-left target market) so the good news is that it's likely Paradox has yet another multi-million failure on their hands and we'll get to see Paradox management commit seppuku. After the failures of the first iteration, Lamplighters League, and Cities Skylines II, I can't imagine they have much in the tank left. Bankruptcy arc on the horizon.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
We need Paradox to survive, so they can release a competitor to Total War and revive that franchise somehow.
Creative Assembly and Paradox dying together would release too many unwashed nerds into the streets, talking to random strangers about how Hitler should've invaded from the south through Anatolia.

Moink

Cipher
People on the reddit claiming "Phyre" can't be an Armenian name because of the Ph and Y but I can't find a source for the claim the protag is Armenian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom