Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Victoria 3

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
The map is as retarded as ever. That Mid Asia. That US. That Russia. Even Aussie is totally colonized for some reason.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Also the political map at game start (white being the decentralized countries that you can't play):
1q7bmqssw9l91.png
Grão-Pará is ahistorical here, the rebellion broke out on like January 6th 1835, it should't possess all of the north like that at gamestart. Would make more sense for it pop up as a rebellion in the 6th of January, but as license, having the rebellion own Belém and surrounding at game start would make far more sense.

Look man. Nobody has ever or will ever care about South American politics.

Also the political map at game start (white being the decentralized countries that you can't play):
1q7bmqssw9l91.png
Grão-Pará is ahistorical here, the rebellion broke out on like January 6th 1835, it should't possess all of the north like that at gamestart. Would make more sense for it pop up as a rebellion in the 6th of January, but as license, having the rebellion own Belém and surrounding at game start would make far more sense.

Look man. Nobody has ever or will ever care about South American politics.
They have and they do. I do. Therefore it matters.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
Map of the various states (from the leak, so it might be tweaked by the time of release):
Oh wow finally a proper Grão-Pará with historical borders and... what the FUCK PARADOX!!

What the fuck is that abominable anachronistic "blue long Amapá"? Why Grão-Pará and Maranhão & Piaui are together in 1835? Why Tocantins (which was northern Goyaz at the time) is also part of it? Why Pará has modern-day borders? Why Goyaz (yes its spelt that way back then) and Mato Grosso are one province?!

MOTHERFUCKING PARADOX CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO GOOGLE FOR FIVE MINUTES
FUCK
Yeah, Brazil states look like trash.

thesecret1

Arcane
I think it's more that the AI can't play optimally or like a player. It's total dogshit that only gets worse with each game they release. They'll just throw in some simple condition like France not blobbing into Spain and instead focusing on Germany or something, call it the height of roleplaying and historical immersion, and be done with it.

Vatnik Wumao
Roleplaying, not min-maxing: The AI in Victoria 3 should ‘roleplay’ rather than try to play optimally or ‘play like a player’.
This is code for "it's going to suck".
There's a difference between the AI simulating Realpolitik and metagaming akin to how the devs have played in the various AARs and streams. IGs and the like should dictate state behavior to a much greater extent.

None

Arbiter
Roleplaying, not min-maxing: The AI in Victoria 3 should ‘roleplay’ rather than try to play optimally or ‘play like a player’.
This is code for "it's going to suck".
There's a difference between the AI simulating Realpolitik and metagaming akin to how the devs have played in the various AARs and streams. IGs and the like should dictate state behavior to a much greater extent.
You're right, I just don't buy the sales pitch that the AI was designed with "roleplaying" in mind. The ideal AI should play optimally and any issues with it being too gamey is an issue with the game. My only interest in buying this game is morbid curiosity, but I would not be surprised if we end up with a CK3 situation where the game is just way too easy, partly due to the AI.

Vatnik Wumao
More or less agree, although in my case the main appeal - besides the time period that it's set in - is the interconnectivity between the various systems (economic, military and political). If nothing else, that alone makes it an upgrade over the EU series for me. And in lack of other games to play (RPGs aside, good releases being few and far between), guess that Vicky3 will become my new goto Paradox title when I'm in the mood for playing something.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom