Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War Thunder : WoP - simmers wet dream

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
You should not move to refill ammo

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It's been a week. A WEEK!!!!!!!
Fn2BtmsaEAQd19u

Fn2P1pSaUAE0TQV
Fn2P2IIakAEU3bj

GreyViper

Prophet
I think one of the central intelligence agencies should buy the company and just data harvest all the info going through there.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
i must say it.
our civilization is ready for "world of spaceships". small ships are played like warplanes (3d, respawn), big ships are played like warships (2d, no respawn).
let's use all the computing power we own, shall we? tanks on the ground, warships in low orbit, warplanes can help with either's objectives.
hell, i can't see a single reason why this wouldn't be a huge success, especially since you can sell an endless stream of virtual ships, as scam citizen taught us.

Amazed Wargaming or Gaijin haven't bought the 40k license yet. There's a ready made tank game right there and a fagged audience that'll buy any old shit.

These cross promotions are getting a bit common.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
i must say it.
our civilization is ready for "world of spaceships". small ships are played like warplanes (3d, respawn), big ships are played like warships (2d, no respawn).
let's use all the computing power we own, shall we? tanks on the ground, warships in low orbit, warplanes can help with either's objectives.
hell, i can't see a single reason why this wouldn't be a huge success, especially since you can sell an endless stream of virtual ships, as scam citizen taught us.

Amazed Wargaming or Gaijin haven't bought the 40k license yet. There's a ready made tank game right there and a fagged audience that'll buy any old shit.

You can almost smell the desperation.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
i must say it.

You can almost smell the desperation.

Can you think of a more unholy union than the Evil Empire and Wargayming?

Ba'al

Scholar
The devs tried to worsen the game economy once again, but this time the playerbase backlash was immense. R*ddit is on fire with anger and the recent steam reviews have plummeted to overwhelmingly negative, resulting in the overall reviews to become mixed.
weve-hit-mixed-as-the-overall-reviews-v0-tt0i3zzeua1b1.png

The devs put out a couple of statements on their website but it only fueled the flames. The wording was very condescending, basically blaming the players for not understanding their brilliant ideas. They also told the players to please not review bomb and rather leave their constructive criticism on their forums (where they can moderate and ignore). The players are also organising a strike, starting on the 26th of May and apparently lasting for 2 weeks.

It seems that this was the straw that broke the camel's back. The playerbase demands retribution for all the years of the ingame economy being worsened. It is also worth noting that R*ddit loves the whole activism thing (remember Gamestop stocks?) so the whole situation is probably overblown to an extent because of this.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Good, let gaijin burn, game itself it's fun, but it got run into the ground with the feature creep and economy/research inflation/pay2win vehicles.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Ah, so that's why there was this video by the biggest War Thunder youtuber in my feed a few days ago. I thought it was just clickbait and it wasn't that bad, but judging by Ba'al's post it's indeed quite the shitstorm.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
This was absolutely the straw that broke the camel's back. Gaijin for years managed to boil the frog slowly, but the powderkeg of frustration was still building up in the background... and this is the moment it went boom.

The retards also admitted they care about Steam reviews, which was the equivalent of blood in the water.

Last edited:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Shithouse russian cunts, they struck gold with the game but it was never enough. They've added every variant of mobile game pay to win and FOMO to savage their player base with. They're worse than Wargaming ever was.

And they definitely care about the steam reviews, last year they were actively trying to win steam accolades for longest supported game if I recall.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Yep, the grind in this game and whole economic side of things were always savage.
Don't even want to mention their history of "amazing" events which forced players to play the fucking game for hundreds of hours(events lasted usually up to a month I think?) to grind one special vehicle. And addition of "activity" so the grind was even harder. Ridiculous stuff.
Motherfuckers should suffer.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Hahaha! Those retards actually delisted Steam from their main website. Only Russians could be this fucking destructive.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
hi guys, never played this game, is it any fun? I'm looking for something new for online play, getting bored with Bannerlord. What's the way to start playing, any recommendations?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From the reactions I assume it's not (I'm new to this kind of games, played World of Tanks around release a bit and that's all).

not even a week ago i finally cursed this game and uninstalled, after three straight months of getting absolutely nothing from the rigged daily lottery, despite promising you riches and free vehicles.
i wish i could focus my powers better. and more often.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
From the reactions I assume it's not (I'm new to this kind of games, played World of Tanks around release a bit and that's all).
Just jump in and try it, there is no need to pay for anything unless you want to. See what low level vehicles suit you the most (I would recomend ruskies or frenchies) and just play. There is plenty of casual fun to be had.

Konjad

Patron
Just jump in and try it, there is no need to pay for anything unless you want to. See what low level vehicles suit you the most (I would recomend ruskies or frenchies) and just play. There is plenty of casual fun to be had.
How to interpret 'casual'? Is it 'just joing and have fun' or 'do not expect realistic ballistics or armor'?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom