Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Aarwolf

Learned
I made Argenta execute psycker bitch that put my ship and my crew at danger.

There's no excuse to keep her around anymore, she's all fucked up at that point and dangerous to anyone around, and I have responsibilities - my ship, my crew and my empire.

I love that this game have choices like this - it doesn't matter if I like Idira or not, I am established person with responsibilities, not some warlord who can do as he pleases.
yeah it's really good that the game allows you to execute the women of colour in your crew(and only the women of colour)

it's especially cool if it is a blond haired blue eyed superwoman doing the execution

nothing problematic about that at all

mcYPUEA.jpg

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
So my assumption re: Space Marines in this game is that you can't have one in the party because he would just be too powerful. I mean, aside for all the lore reasons why he wouldn't be in your party, he would also be horribly unbalanced. Right?
I barely know anything about this game, but given how there's a Space Wolf on the splash art, I think the chances are pretty good you'll get an Astartes at least temporarily.

Lore-wise it's not unreasonable for Rogue Traders to get marine "consultants" or whatever if their aims coincide.

Early-game a marine would be OP. Lategame when your characters gets a bunch of fancy stuff and are regularly counter-torturing dark eldar for giggles?

Eh, probably not so much.
This is good to know. My whole dog in this fight is that I am totally gay for Space Marines and I would love a Space Marine RPG, perhaps in the vein of a Dawn of War II style tactical game with much heavier RPG elements, a longer story, etc. It would be awesome.

But, it looks like I'm not going to get one of those. So, maybe I can get a decent approximation with this game?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
people edge-posting that executing all black women is great

people saying larping extreme racism in a vidya game is "problematic"

only one thing they agree on: if you think both are pants-on-head retarded, you secretly agree with the other side

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If the game doesn't give you the option of at least some kind of xenocide, people are gonna question how lore-accurate it is.

"Grrrr I'm evil and you must DIE!". It does not get any less retarded even under the guise of "Imperial racism".
Completely normal in the Imperium tbh. Any human could put 20 Eldar babies in a meat grinder and people would think literally nothing of it. In fact they would applaud you for it.
Eldar canonically have caused the death of millions/billions of humans just to save a few of their own. So fair's fair.

Vermillion

Educated
Then I wonder why the devs bothered to make such character,
To justify a party on a heretic playthrough. To show the player Theodora isn't on the up and up.
and you have the option to "become that king's herald" or to declare Exterminatus and purify that entire planet.
Or you can challenge the Warp entity itself, defeat it, gain the title "God Killer" and claim the planet as your own. I also like how when the governor reveals his corruption, you have the option to immediately execute him.
I see they're continuing the trend from Wrathfinder, where they give you regular options to fight certain NPCs but at least in this case it seems to be justified (imperial racism). In Wrathfinder it often was just the (Evil) option which often just went like "Grrrr I'm evil and you must DIE!".
In this case it's justifiable because the Eldar are trying to drag on the conflict between the Slaaneshi governor and the human rebels so as to kill as many Imperials as possible. Sure, Yrliet didn't originally know that the Farseer knew about the Chaos corruption, but any good Imperial would have killed her once they realized what she was.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
because eldar would do the same to human babies.
Which is weird lol,that is one of the main drawbacks of warhammer,there is no diplomacy. The biggest one is how stagnated the lore is because it is a board game and everyone should be on one level,more or less.

Last edited:

Peachcurl

Cipher
Which is weird lol,that is one of the main drawbacks of warhammer,there is no diplomacy. The biggest one is how stagnated the lore is because it is a board game and everyone should on one level,more or less.
You should read about the Tau, they'll be your favorite Xenos!

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I can't get over how stupid you guys are on Warhammer 40 k!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NzwTDYZr2k

In other news expect Amazon to make Warhammer the great Woke as they bring out their series.
No idea on the Netflix series or the special one being made or is going to be made. Or just a rumor I used hang with Coolnews.

One thing that is good about the Amazon they have a lot of money for it.

Quite a bit going on with the Warhammer Universe.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Which is weird lol,that is one of the main drawbacks of warhammer,there is no diplomacy. The biggest one is how stagnated the lore is because it is a board game and everyone should on one level,more or less.
LoL no,they are massive cucks. Humans are the best. But it is boring when X enemy tries something and humans do some shit and everything ends up the same. You don't actually get a glorious chad crusade where you see humans wiping out some of their big enemies. Also there is zero reason why eldars and humans shouldn't be allies in some cases or neutral at worst. The whole setting does lack progress,nobody invents new weapons to kill their enemy or expand.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
LoL no,they are massive cucks. Humans are the best. But it is boring when X enemy tries something and humans do some shit and everything ends up the same. You don't actually get a glorious chad crusade where you see humans wiping out some of their big enemies. Also there is zero reason why eldars and humans shouldn't be allies in some cases or neutral at worst. The whole setting does lack progress,nobody invents new weapons to kill their enemy or expand.
Have you slept through the recent events? We got all that and more.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Have you slept through the recent events? We got all that and more.
I am not in to warhmmer,to be honest. Every now and then i see some new shit and it is still the same. I take it that there is some new book from some author that only warhammer cringefagz know about some such thing.

Reinhardt

Arcane
nigger, even in games humies were allied with eldars out of necessity. problem is as all elves fags will betray you at first opportunity.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
nigger, even in games humies were allied with eldars out of necessity. problem is as all elves fags will betray you at first opportunity.
Having a short allience for a few missions is one thing. Staying out of each other ways and having diplomacy is different. Also don't know how much canon are the game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
stopped caring about tabletop long ago but iirc there were allies system in some editions. best frens forever, like most imperium armies, allies in need, like humans with some less retarded xenos, desperate allies, against some apocalyptic enemy like tyranids, etc.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Having a short allience for a few missions is one thing. Staying out of each other ways and having diplomacy is different. Also don't know how much canon are the game.
nigger, imperium is millions of worlds and thousands of wars at all times. there is no such thing as ally to all imperium. you can fight together with some eldars against tyranids and on another world killing each other.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
nigger, imperium is millions of worlds and thousands of wars at all times. there is no such thing as ally to all imperium. you can fight together with some eldars against tyranids and on another world killing each other.
Why not ??? Why can't humans just get their shit together and go arse rape some retards with their armies??? They are in constant stagnation where nothing happens lol. All those millions of worlds and there is not single chap that could invent a new gun ?!?!?!?! lol the whole lore is retarded in that aspect. And that is there because it is table top game. There is a need for a warhammer 50k where the emperor is revived and goes on some arse raping jihad lol. Also all that grimdark shit gets boring,because it lacks contrast. If everything is grimdark then everything is normal in a way.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
There is a need for a warhammer 50k where the emperor is revived and goes on some arse raping jihad lol.

Things seem to be heading that way.

Also all that grimdark shit gets boring,because it lacks contrast. If everything is grimdark then everything is normal in a way.

This point has some merit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom