Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
No one (except naively retarded croatian zoomy retards with twoheaded giant pussy-cat avatar) doubts they'll sneak in some progressive themes. They have proven to be Disciples of POZZ. The question is: How much? The answer is: Time will tell...

Zayne

Scholar
From build perspective, this certainly will be interesting.

Main character cannot have spacemarine, aeldari or battle sister class. Maybe you can't even play as psyker. So, team management suddenly becomes very important.

Vatnik Wumao
The writers change / make up stuff along the way that directly contradicts past lore, 40k in general is one of the most retconned franchises in existence
Eh, it's cheesed in by relying on the unreliable narrator trope.

If you have the time to spare, a good video on the topic of Wh40k lore:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Show me an example of pozzism in 40k. Show us some of your models while you're at it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/comments/a969ym/spoilers_titandeath_summary/

*Book starts off with a flashback to the Legio Solaria's founder Mohana Mankata VI. She's a female of a Knight House on the planet Procon. Because she's a woman she can't became a Knight. When the Great Crusade arrives Procon immediately joins the Imperium and holds a festival for the visiting delegation. Despite being banned from taking part in a horseback riding contest, she does anyway and wins. Though exiled from Procon by her daddy the Mechanicum becomes impressed with her and lets her join the Collegia Titanica. She eventually founds the Legio Solaria and forms it into an all-women force. New recruits are genetically grown to ensure they're women. Whatever men they happen to somehow end up with are either trained as Tech-Priests or converted to Servitors (take that, patriarchy). The Solaria is a sisterhood where they're all lovers, and are known to be very open with their emotions unlike the rest of the Mechanicum affiliates.

Humbaba

Arcane
No one (except naively retarded croatian zoomy retards with twoheaded giant pussy-cat avatar) doubts they'll sneak in some progressive themes. They have proven to be Disciples of POZZ. The question is: How much? The answer is: Time will tell...
Tag's well earned. Srbe na vrbe.

Nice. Very well preorder/crowdfund/whatever since Kingmaker and Wotter are good shit and I've wanted someone to do a proper Warhammer RPG, either 40k or Fantasy. Main thing holding me back is they're doing crowdfunding on their own webpage and I gotta ask myself do I really want to make another account somewhere to preorder this, and the answer is no. I also notice they aren't mentioning Steam keys anywhere so that sounds primed to take preorders and then go Epic exclusive.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I suppose I have to support them. Would like to hear a theme that represents the Game in that trailer instead of few notes just going up a scale.

TwoEdge

Scholar
Do you guys think they'll stick romances into this? I usually ignore them but 40k is the one place where I'd actively take issue with the trope.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
So, a Space Wolf marine, a psyker, an inquisitor, an Eldar ranger, and a navigator. Seems to have all their bases covered. I'm curious if there will be more of them, five companions in all seem severely lacking for a cRPG.
The Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous art didn't show all the companions either.
In the teaser you can see someone in a Mechanicus robe following the player around, so there's presumably companion #6.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Tag's well earned. Srbe na vrbe.
My tags are medals from War against Zionism
In case you haven't noticed, forum is ruled by Jew

God of All Croats is Sentient Serbian Horse Cock*. We never leave your mouths, always inside your mind. Deeply

*aka СРПСКА КУРЧИНА

Humbaba

Arcane
Show me an example of pozzism in 40k. Show us some of your models while you're at it.

*Book starts off with a flashback to the Legio Solaria's founder Mohana Mankata VI. She's a female of a Knight House on the planet Procon. Because she's a woman she can't became a Knight. When the Great Crusade arrives Procon immediately joins the Imperium and holds a festival for the visiting delegation. Despite being banned from taking part in a horseback riding contest, she does anyway and wins. Though exiled from Procon by her daddy the Mechanicum becomes impressed with her and lets her join the Collegia Titanica. She eventually founds the Legio Solaria and forms it into an all-women force. New recruits are genetically grown to ensure they're women. Whatever men they happen to somehow end up with are either trained as Tech-Priests or converted to Servitors (take that, patriarchy). The Solaria is a sisterhood where they're all lovers, and are known to be very open with their emotions unlike the rest of the Mechanicum affiliates.

I guess you think the SoB are pozzed too because they're also female-exclusive. Also
>Arch
Plus, fairly certain those pronouns refer to tech priests, which themselves are anti-gender so to speak. Now show us your models, lorelet.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hmm.

modern GW is not as horrible as say modern WOTC, but they still are disnefying their setting and it is long passed from cradle of nerd culture that made it fun. on the other hand, GW usually care fuck what is happening with their games (hence ruined DOW series) so maybe they won't mess with Owlcat vision that much. TB killing miniatures on screen sounds gut. funny how it all shows it's PK engine, even char animations.
Cats completely flopped with writing on previous one though, so I am not holding any hopes for this.

Do you guys think they'll stick romances into this? I usually ignore them but 40k is the one place where I'd actively take issue with the trope.
All romances will lead to falling to chaos and Slaanesh. And all minmaxers will fall to Tzeentch. And all murderhobos will fall to Khorne. Nurgle I suppose will only get players who play for a sufficient amount of time without quitting that the game can assume you're poopsocking.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

I guess you think the SoB are pozzed too because they're also female-exclusive. Also
>Arch
Plus, fairly certain those pronouns refer to tech priests, which themselves are anti-gender so to speak. Now show us your models, lorelet.

No wonder you defend GW as much, they're catering to your tastes:
dzJtNDI0MS5qcGc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom