Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm on 0% WOKE! entertainment diet.
and like all dieting people you sneak to the fridge to consoom woke threads.
Rage is my Life's sugar:smug:
Watch and cry
F5SLb7x.png
How did Iren get in the game?

Aarwolf

Learned
Eldar ranger? They put a stinking xeno as a joinable companion? Even worse, a non ork xeno as a joinable companion? RPGs are really truly dead.

It gets better: that xeno fucks you and your retinue (and herself as well), selling you to the dark eldar.

Alex

Arcane
Eldar ranger? They put a stinking xeno as a joinable companion? Even worse, a non ork xeno as a joinable companion? RPGs are really truly dead.

It gets better: that xeno fucks you and your retinue (and herself as well), selling you to the dark eldar.

Well, at least they are true to role, but why would anyone accept it in their group in first place?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I hope one of the first mods post release is one that just replaces your companions with guardsmen.

I tire of drama. I just want roleplay generic inquisitor dude purging the stars for da emperor.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I hope one of the first mods post release is one that just replaces your companions with guardsmen.

I tire of drama. I just want roleplay generic inquisitor dude purging the stars for da emperor.
Given how quick companions can start dropping and the smaller number of them relative to Kingmaker/Wrath I'd be very surprised if this launches without some kind of full party creation.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Wrong game for this

Power of mods. If the game is good enough, someone might attempt to recreate Chapter Master here too.

View attachment 40621
Eh, I could never get into DOW2 because the first game was just much better in a lot of ways. I do remember a really good Inquisitorial faction mod for DOW1 that added a lot of custom stuff. I've been thinking about redownloading it...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not too into the lore, so I would appreciate it if someone could explain this. How come aliens are allowed on these ships? I thought any interaction with aliens was heretical and warranted a death sentence.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
How come, are they privateers?
Space Conquistadors.
RTs are the primary counter to the Imperium's bad logistics/general dysfunction/overconsumption, they bring in lods of emone and Inquisitors are supposed to look the other way to how it's acquired unless it looks like you're about to start turning the guns around.

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Imperial doctrine and the reality of what happens often differ.

Rogue Traders are allowed to do whatever they want.
How come, are they privateers?
These charters are hereditary and thus create an entire Rogue Trader dynasty when they are issued. These dynasties are granted a personal coat of arms identifying their members amongst the Imperial nobility. Rogue Traders are empowered with the authority by the High Lords of Terra to travel freely within the Imperium and beyond. This allows them to legally interact with cultures which normal Imperial citizens are forbidden contact with--because they are non-Imperial human worlds or xenos-controlled planets.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Inquisition and Adeptus Custodes are top authorities in wh40k, right?
Custodes are just the Emperor's personal bodyguards, not very politically relevant since they don't leave the house much.
Officially the High Lords of Terra are supposed to be the highest authority, but I think the Inquisition DEEP STATE have been the ones running the show for some time now.

Vatnik Wumao
How come
It should be noted that although Rogue Traders are shipmasters who travel the vastness of space, their authority to do so comes not from a Merchant Charter, but rather a letter of appointment that elevates them to the authority equalling Space Marine Chapter Masters, Inquisitors and Planetary Governors. Some of the more ancient ones are dated from the very beginnings of the Imperium, and some were even signed by the Emperor himself. Others were signed by Primarchs or other leaders of the Great Crusade. These charters are very valuable and give its owner great leeway. They are tailor-made and unique. They cannot be re-appealed as according to Imperial law and Imperial religious dogma no one is empowered to overrule these persons.

Inquisition and Adeptus Custodes are top authorities in wh40k, right?
Among others, but yeah. Custodes get their orders directly from the Emperor, but they tend not to involve themselves in Imperial politics. And the Inquisition is fully autonomous and allowed to scrutinize anyone, but they have a very loose organizational structure (which results in a lot of factionalism among themselves). So while in theory they can do whatever they want, in practice it's more complicated. An inquisitor that oversteps his bounds can be put down by other inquisitors that disagree with him. And the Inquisition as a whole strives to maintain amiable relations with the various other factions within the Imperium since it's more productive for their goals.

So after ruining DnD with 2 Shitmaker games, these people are now after Warhammer?
Git gud, noob. You're always crying in threads about games which require at least a modicum of skill. It's also hilarious to watch.

Wipe your tears away, fanboy. I've completed more difficult games than anyone in the codex. Come at me, monkeyboy.

skaraher

Prophet
Imperial doctrine and the reality of what happens often differ.

Well as it is shown in Eisenhorn/Ravenor saga, when they're operating outside the boundaries of imperial jurisdiction, they're generally treated as common pirates and heretics by representants of Imperal law. But it's more of a might makes right situation. Your Inquisitorial credentials or Rogue Trader Letter of change aren't worth very much if you don't have the strength to back it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom