Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Robber Baron

Savant
They still haven't explained how will the coop work

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Most Horus Heresy are badly written pulp and decline.

My main complaint regarding the HH series is how they reduced the primarchs from legendary figures stolen straight from mythology and antiquity, demi-gods that could not be understood by mere humans to... idiot dudebro man-children.

I know, I know, the primarchs weren't really that fleshed out before HH, and that was a good thing. This isn't really a case of familiarity breeds contempt, or even meeting your heroes.

It's a case of some rando writer trying to get into the mind of Napoleon or Genghis Khan. You can't write with familiarity on a character that's smarter than you.

It's also probably why my characters are always a little dumb. :-D

jaekl

Learned
Patron
Write your own Owlcat rogue trader characters

ggnore.png

Greg Guntooth

When it comes to teeth, Greg’s teeth are made of guns and his bark sure ain’t worse than his bite!! These teeth ain’t just for simple mastication, they also shoot bullets into your own head and face. Uh oh! Don’t even think about mouthing off to this old timer because he's all out of bubble gum, now he's only chewing through ammo.

skaraher

Cipher
Most Horus Heresy are badly written pulp and decline.

My main complaint regarding the HH series is how they reduced the primarchs from legendary figures stolen straight from mythology and antiquity, demi-gods that could not be understood by mere humans to... idiot dudebro man-children.

I know, I know, the primarchs weren't really that fleshed out before HH, and that was a good thing. This isn't really a case of familiarity breeds contempt, or even meeting your heroes.

It's a case of some rando writer trying to get into the mind of Napoleon or Genghis Khan. You can't write with familiarity on a character that's smarter than you.

It's also probably why my characters are always a little dumb. :-D
Only Primarch that appeared directly in 40k verse before the Heresy novels was Angron, and he was more characterized as a near unstoppable force of nature than a human being.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
idiot dudebro man-children fit the setting much better

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
idiot dudebro man-children fit the setting much better

There's already an entire xenos race for that.
By the Emperor's left testicle, you're right!

But 40k as a setting is still inherently goofy whether you're going for moar dakka or not.

WHF was the actual grim setting with just trying to postpone the inevitable.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer

ggnore.png

Greg Guntooth

When it comes to teeth, Greg’s teeth are made of guns and his bark sure ain’t worse than his bite!! These teeth ain’t just for simple mastication, they also shoot bullets into your own head and face. Uh oh! Don’t even think about mouthing off to this old timer because he's all out of bubble gum, now he's only chewing through ammo.
Sounds like a useful companion to me. Comes complete with friendly fire but it's not a big deal

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

ggnore.png

Greg Guntooth

Johnny Swordarm.

JonnySwordarm.png

Johnny's main attack comes from his dual revolvers. So don't ever think you will be the fastest on the draw meeting Johnny! He is no slouch when it comes to close combat either since his mutation carries a large scimitar to cut up bad guys into tiny meat pieces.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Greg Guntooth

Johnny Swordarm.

Johnny's main attack comes from his dual revolvers. So don't ever think you will be the fastest on the draw meeting Johnny! He is no slouch when it comes to close combat either since his mutation carries a large scimitar to cut up bad guys into tiny meat pieces.

but-hmm-hmm.gif

jaekl

Learned
Patron

Greg Guntooth

Sounds like a useful companion to me. Comes complete with friendly fire but it's not a big deal
You can have that one for free as my gift to you, but if you want to use any more of my valuable intellectual property in your game it will cost your company BIG TIME

CaesarCzech

Scholar
That is why the original Grand Admiral Thrawn novels had his flag captain as the Imperial POV character. It worked much better.

Zahn can also not only write but is clever guy so second person view + smart writer that doesnt have to portray thrawns throught but only his actions and occasionally his logic as he simplifies it and explains it to subordinates makes for neat combo.

Like this "

“It is said that one should keep one's allies within view, and one's enemies within reach.
A valid statement. One must be able to read an ally's strengths, so as to determine how to best use them. One must similarly be able to read his enemy's weaknesses, so as to determine how to best defeat him.
But what of friends?
There is no accepted answer, perhaps true friendship is so exceedingly rare. But I had formulated my own.
A friend need not be kept within sight or within reach. A friend must be allowed the freedom to find and follow his own path. If one is fortunate, those paths will for a time join. But if paths separate, it is comforting to know that a friend still graces the universe with his skills, and his viewpoint, and his present. For if one is remembered by a friend, one is never truly gone.”"

Legit sounds like philosopher quote

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer

Greg Guntooth

You can have that one for free as my gift to you, but if you want to use any more of my valuable intellectual property in your game it will cost your company BIG TIME
What payment would do you prefer? Smuggled xeno-artifacts? Decommissioned purity seals? Or just money?
Or maybe teeth...?

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will not bang Sister of Battle.
I will pick Benevolentia and save citizens of Empire like Emperor wished.
I will fuck over Chaos and shit at their face.
I will laugh at the usual rigid grimderp of setting and twist it how I wish for my vision.
How?
I am main character, that is how.

Screenshot_20230922-120228-277.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Guys, to truly understand why people fall for Chaos, you must understand the corrupting influence of Trump, Putin and their disinformation attacks. Only then will you be able to fully side with the Imperium.
And I was just about to mention how Antifa/BLM riots in USA were perfect example of how Chaos takes over but you beat me with this crazy anti example

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Guys, to truly understand why people fall for Chaos, you must understand the corrupting influence of Trump, Putin and their disinformation attacks. Only then will you be able to fully side with the Imperium.
And I was just about to mention how Antifa/BLM riots in USA were perfect example of how Chaos takes over but you beat me with this crazy anti example
It's not anti, they are simply following different Chaos gods.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's not anti, they are simply following different Chaos gods.
Chaos Gods that call for Law and Order and following the Rules?! It sounds more like Imperium than Chaos.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
By the current edition emprah is pretty much a "Chaos" gods too with SoB through faith being able to summon essentially warp demon/angel of fire thing I think in one of the latest sourcebooks?

ArchAngel

Arcane
By the current edition emprah is pretty much a "Chaos" gods too with SoB through faith being able to summon essentially warp demon/angel of fire thing I think in one of the latest sourcebooks?
SoB were able to do that since at least DoW Soulstorm games. I would not call it latest sourcebooks unless latest means 10+ years :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom