Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Camel

Scholar
Excellent question.

Earlier this year I read Fire Caste and I liked the dynamic between the colonel and their navigator. So I'll probably be going down that route. The platonic relationship with the aeldari sounds like an interesting narrative too.

I didn't really get into the relationships in the Pathfinder games. Wrath had a good selection of red flags to choose from and the succubus story line fitted in well with my Azata ascendancy so that was a nice surprise. I'm certain the Warhammer setting will make things interesting and there won't be any bland romance options.

I'm not sure why people are getting so triggered when mentioning "romances". Owlcat is obviously not going to lean on in it as heavily as other studios do. And obviously no one in their right mind is going to play a Warhammer game so that he can fuck the elf.
Right. Warhammer40k isn't known for romances as the universe of hate.
From the faggot site. :mixedemotions:
Warhammer-40-000-Rogue-Trader-Devs-Would-Love-To-Have-More-LGBT-Romance-Options-But-Won-t.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And obviously no one in their right mind is going to play a Warhammer game so that he can fuck the elf

I would romance the Eldar only by curiosity. How the inquisition would react to such union? how other eldar would react? how the commonfolk and nobles react? that seems much more interesting than the romance itself. Of course, if you only interact with the eldar and everyone else assumes that nothing is happening, that would be pretty boring.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The only available romance should be your love for the Emperor, of course.
Of course. My love for The Emperor always comes first.
We must wander completely different parts of the internet.
I've limited my exposure to those parts of the web a long time ago. Too much of a distraction. It's a bit disturbing how freaky shit is getting more and more mainstreamed. Nothing wrong with enjoying it or being part of it. But it turning into the norm is a bit concerning.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Right. Warhammer40k isn't known for romances as the universe of hate.
From the faggot site. :mixedemotions:
Warhammer-40-000-Rogue-Trader-Devs-Would-Love-To-Have-More-LGBT-Romance-Options-But-Won-t.png
A good parry from Owlcat.

I'm not really sure what the deal with TheGamer is tho as I've never visited it. I assume it's jut some circlejerk website where developers throw money at it for good reviews. Something like a smaller IGN I'd imagine.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I would romance the Eldar only by curiosity. How the inquisition would react to such union? how other eldar would react? how the commonfolk and nobles react? that seems much more interesting than the romance itself. Of course, if you only interact with the eldar and everyone else assumes that nothing is happening, that would be pretty boring.
Yes, my point exactly. :)

Camel

Scholar
I'm not really sure what the deal with TheGamer is tho as I've never visited it. I assume it's jut some circlejerk website where developers throw money at it for good reviews. Something like a smaller IGN I'd imagine.
A literal tranny owns it and it's infested with the SJWs and has corresponding agenda.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
I was talking to Yrliet and here is a question. HOw the Imperium would treat a half Eldari? If the father a influential figure in the empire?

Depends who you're asking. The half-breed in question could likely pass themselves off as some sort of lesser mutant, which are common enough that it wouldn't raise eyebrows.

If people knew the truth, however, the most common response from most would be horror and that it's heresy. Nobles would possibly see a bargaining chip to gain influence over the father.

Inquisitors would vary, depending on their personal attitudes. More Puritan types would purge the half-breed, while others would see a useful tool in their dealings with the Eldar.

As always, it's better to not think of the Imperium as the monolithic entity the wargame presents it as, and think more like Dune, or any large polity: In the Halls of Power, the rules cease to matter.

Interesting. Would Slanessh have a grup upon a half Eldar Soul?

----------------------

Other question. Will OwlCat allow us to speed up animations in combat and ship combat?
Already did. If I'm not mistaken about the button - press space during enemy's move

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I am going to marry my cute Aeldari waifu and have cute half Aeldari children.

5muemswc93971.png
Is that fucking Love Can Bloom fanart? It's been so long...
1438482780882.png

If we're talking about 4chan inventions, what about Angry Marines?

classic-left.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ shut up about fucking romances

Why are you babbling about "shouting up" all this day?
Shut the fuck up retard

abraxas-lotr.gif
Yea because Grima Jewtongue is the one calling the shots

Powerless and gay. Pathetic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom