Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Do enemies still have millions of ACs on higher difficulties like in Pathfinder or Owlcat finally learned?

According to the stuff that I saw in streams, numbers tends to be quite small compared to PF WoTR in unfair

But since you hate number bloat, you could check DDO. My water savant sorcerer at epic level has 67 AC without magical buffs(except from guild) and some of his spells can crit for 13k

ZRVgHGl.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyway guys how did you dealt with the chaos marine at end of act 1? I honestly had to lower from core to normal to defeat him and could only damage him after debuffing him a lot and his armor is quite strong, argenta's sniper can pierce cover and kill two random soldiers and she barely gives 4 damage on his armor. I honestly like it. Space marine armor should be incredible powerful. Plasma gun, force sword and chain sword where my unique weaponry a bit effective against him.

Lamiosa

Educated
Anyway guys how did you dealt with the chaos marine at end of act 1? I honestly had to lower from core to normal to defeat him and could only damage him after debuffing him a lot and his armor is quite strong, argenta's sniper can pierce cover and kill two random soldiers and she barely gives 4 damage on his armor. I honestly like it. Space marine armor should be incredible powerful. Plasma gun, force sword and chain sword where my unique weaponry a bit effective against him.
Spread your characters at the start, so only one get charged. Keep Argenta and Cassia behind the structures so they don't get charged. Best case scenario he goes after Abelard, but Pascal/Idira is fine too. You can lose one of them in the first round, doesn't matter that much. Abuse heal from psyker + items to tank. The simplest way to win is to use heroic/desperate act with Argenta as soon as possible. Don't give up in the first two rounds, it's common for him to waste his turn not doing much after the first round.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After playing a bit of chapter 2, I was amazed. The combat is so amazing. I really wish that Owlcat adopts a non bloated PF1e Adventure Path next with this combat. And never touch pf2e. This system is shit. OwlCat could also adapt a retroclone like Lamentations of the flame princess or astonishing swordsmen sorcerers of hyperborea

The unique huge downside so far is the lack of psionic abilities and eternity which takes to get a single psy rating and there there are no special ammo types for many weapons. Bolters imo should get at least 5 different ammo types.

Lamiosa

Educated
After playing a bit of chapter 2, I was amazed. The combat is so amazing. I really wish that Owlcat adopts a non bloated PF1e Adventure Path next with this combat. And never touch pf2e. This system is shit. OwlCat could also adapt a retroclone like Lamentations of the flame princess or astonishing swordsmen sorcerers of hyperborea

The unique huge downside so far is the lack of psionic abilities and eternity which takes to get a single psy rating and there there are no special ammo types for many weapons. Bolters imo should get at least 5 different ammo types.
I agree. Besides the obvious difference of removing prebuffs, there are some creative combat design choices that improve it in general. Heroic and desperate acts are interesting, but I think the most important one is the fact that the classes have a way to get stronger as combat goes on (more damage, more armor pen, more mobility, more crit damage, etc.). That is great mainly because it makes less obvious if you will win the fight, even after the first few rounds (well mostly for boss fights, but that is how it should be IMO), making them a lot more tense. I had a few fun battles when only one assassin or hunter survived and proceeded to wipe all remaining enemies in one turn, after stacking a lot of stats raises. Huge improvement from Pathfinder overall, the only negative I have is the herectic "path". Hopefully the combat stay good in later acts.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I was talking to Yrliet and here is a question. HOw the Imperium would treat a half Eldari? If the father a influential figure in the empire?

removing prebuffs,

Prebuffs are fine. The unique problem is the high amount of pre buffs in previous games and lack of a "buffbot" and AI to dispel it. That said, most of buffs in this game require so little AP that you can cast multiple buffs and attack in a single round.

Nm6k

Scholar
Well the dev's said the romance with Yrliet is going to be platonic so you are not going to find the answer in the game:-D

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Other question, in the quest "spiders in a jar", I need to talk to achilleas in Throne Room, Palace von Valancius and I keep walking everywhere and IDK where I suppose to go. Anyone completed this part?

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well the dev's said the romance with Yrliet is going to be platonic so you are not going to find the answer in the game:-D
Really? Where did they say that? I don't remember ever having the option for a platonic romance.

Trithne

Erudite
I was talking to Yrliet and here is a question. HOw the Imperium would treat a half Eldari? If the father a influential figure in the empire?

Depends who you're asking. The half-breed in question could likely pass themselves off as some sort of lesser mutant, which are common enough that it wouldn't raise eyebrows.

If people knew the truth, however, the most common response from most would be horror and that it's heresy. Nobles would possibly see a bargaining chip to gain influence over the father.

Inquisitors would vary, depending on their personal attitudes. More Puritan types would purge the half-breed, while others would see a useful tool in their dealings with the Eldar.

As always, it's better to not think of the Imperium as the monolithic entity the wargame presents it as, and think more like Dune, or any large polity: In the Halls of Power, the rules cease to matter.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Really? Where did they say that? I don't remember ever having the option for a platonic romance.
They confirmed that in one of thread on the sub reddit of the game. The dev didnt said was "platonic" but only that would be different from the others romances.

I gonna try find later.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Depends who you're asking. The half-breed in question could likely pass themselves off as some sort of lesser mutant, which are common enough that it wouldn't raise eyebrows.

If people knew the truth, however, the most common response from most would be horror and that it's heresy. Nobles would possibly see a bargaining chip to gain influence over the father.

Inquisitors would vary, depending on their personal attitudes. More Puritan types would purge the half-breed, while others would see a useful tool in their dealings with the Eldar.

As always, it's better to not think of the Imperium as the monolithic entity the wargame presents it as, and think more like Dune, or any large polity: In the Halls of Power, the rules cease to matter.

Interesting. Would Slanessh have a grup upon a half Eldar Soul?

----------------------

Other question. Will OwlCat allow us to speed up animations in combat and ship combat?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I din't got the platonic part. Eldars where so honry that their horniness literally created a Chaos God.

-----------------

Anyway, is the psy ratting requirement fine? According to the lvling up screen, is said that to get PR=4, I need lv 40 but I got it at lv 27 and stopped playing at lv 29. I will check the game once is finished. So far I liked a lot, still prefer Kingmaker over it.

zYNhB6F.png

iCXMJtV.png

Shig

Novice
I din't got the platonic part. Eldars where so honry that their horniness literally created a Chaos God.
You could probably imagine why, after having fucked a rape god who hunts the souls of all your people into existence, that you might not been keen on the act anymore.

Shig

Novice
So basically they copy pasted the Arue succubus backstory from WOTR.
There are worse stories to copypaste tbqhf
In all seriousness tho, Eldar being stuck up and afraid to put peepee into vergubda has been around before Paizo hatched Arue.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Who are you going to romance during the first playthrough?
Excellent question.

Earlier this year I read Fire Caste and I liked the dynamic between the colonel and their navigator. So I'll probably be going down that route. The platonic relationship with the aeldari sounds like an interesting narrative too.

I didn't really get into the relationships in the Pathfinder games. Wrath had a good selection of red flags to choose from and the succubus story line fitted in well with my Azata ascendancy so that was a nice surprise. I'm certain the Warhammer setting will make things interesting and there won't be any bland romance options.

I'm not sure why people are getting so triggered when mentioning "romances". Owlcat is obviously not going to lean on in it as heavily as other studios do. And obviously no one in their right mind is going to play a Warhammer game so that he can fuck the elf.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The only available romance should be your love for the Emperor, of course.

And obviously no one in their right mind is going to play a Warhammer game so that he can fuck the elf.

We must wander completely different parts of the internet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom