Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nm6k

Scholar
Who are you going to romance during the first playthrough?
Yrliet with my Imperial Naval Officer, Heinrix with my Ministorum Priest and either Jae or Marazhai with my vagabond (Or crime lord as it was better called in the alpha) depending on what happens (and by that I mean whoever I don't end up getting killed or sacrificed)

Mauman

Scholar
Who are you going to romance during the first playthrough?
Yrliet with my Imperial Naval Officer, Heinrix with my Ministorum Priest and either Jae or Marazhai with my vagabond (Or crime lord as it was better called in the alpha) depending on what happens (and by that I mean whoever I don't end up getting killed or sacrificed)
No one.

I would have made an exception for the nun so I could have a nice romantic dinner by a giant fire of burning heretics.

But we're not allowed to have nice things.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Completely missed that it will have coop, time to rouse the bois. And to think I almost caved to them wanting to play BG3 wew.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
A few things i got from the stream :

- Up to 6 players Co-Op, each player controls one character the party but only one Rogue Trader per party. If the party isn't full, some player have to control two ormore characters at once. If someone starts combat,butnot everyone is present, the remanining playersneed to walk to the combat arena.

- The guests said the writing is very much in line with the Warahmmer universe and respect the lore. It ''feels like belongs in Warhammer''.

- The console Co-op going to takelonger to release because they're aiming for Cross Player betweeen Playstation and Xbox

- It seems like the ''aligment options'' aren't limited to a single choice, you have multiple Hereticus options in the quest that they shown, for example:
image-146.png

- In combat you ping places and enemies for your party while in Co-Op

- You can also ping dialogue options and for the Full release of the game, they said a Voting system going to be a thing.

- In most fights Veil degradation starts at 0 and increase when you Psyker abilities. Most of them deal 1 increase the degradation , while supercharged can increase up to 3.

- You can drop out at any moment out of Co-Op and continue in your save from where you were playing in Co-Op.

They also talked about the amount of Classes/Jobs/Carrers for the full game, but weren't super clear about it.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.polygon.com/23943640/warhammer-40000-rogue-trader-companions-co-op-video-game

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader’s co-op campaign is super flexible​

The true Writ of Trade was the friends we made along the way

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is a game about one of the most powerful groups of people in the far future of the 42nd millennium: the titular Rogue Traders. But every good Rogue Trader is backed up by a crew of allies, ranging from close confidants to powerful goons. Along with a sprawling single-player campaign, the upcoming CRPG from Owlcat Games offers a drop-in, drop-out co-op mode that allows you to bring your friends along for a ride through the Koronus Expanse. Polygon played through a preview session of Rogue Trader’s co-op campaign with Owlcat Games, and we tackled a dungeon full of dangerous machine cultists together.

Co-op play prioritizes flexibility; I can have friends join me on my campaign at any time, just by choosing the co-op mode, generating a code to share, and loading a save. What’s more, my companions can keep the save after our run, allowing them to advance on their own if they so choose. Rogue Trader is a massive game, and the co-op system seems to focus on allowing players to join up with friends at any point over maintaining a consistent role-playing campaign for each participant.

Combat will be familiar for fans of similar games like Wasteland 3 or Baldur’s Gate 3. Characters have limited movement and actions they can take each turn. Some of them have support skills and can buff or heal allies. Others are all about creative ways to murder heretics. The Rogue Trader can be a highly customizable and variable character, and their companions are all able to flex between various weapons and talents as well.

A massive transhuman cyborg, part of the Adeptus Mechanicus in Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, rears up on his mechanical spider legs. He is surrounded by lesser, more humanoid members of the Machine Cult.

The fiction of Rogue Trader also means that the pool of companions is much wilder and more variable than in other 40K games; it includes two Aeldari, a Space Marine and Sister of Battle who follow your orders. The Imperium of Man is a place where the smallest of infractions can get you burnt at the stake. In a game like Darktide, the wildest guy you’ll see is the big, friendly abhuman Ogryn. A Rogue Trader, by contrast, can pull off constant acts of heresy that would get a normal person executed; they can opt to tell a Space Marine what to do, have a couple of space elves as their crew, or use powerful alien weaponry because it has a good kick to it.

Rogue Trader also has a wide selection of party members. There are some fun options, like an ardent Sister of Battle, or a crafty Tech Priest of the Adeptus Mechanicum. The Rogue Trader can’t bring all of them on every mission, and having certain companions unlocks new conversation options. For instance, the Tech Priest will have a lot to offer when it comes to dealing with the Imperium’s technical systems.

A Sister of Battle unleashes a gout of fire from her flamer in Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

In co-op, players can divide up control of the characters. In a duo run, two players might divvy up the six characters down the middle, with each controlling three of them. If you bring a whole crew of friends, each person can control one of the six. It’s a fun way to experience the game’s gauntlet of combat options — and you will find yourself ensnared in plenty of fights, since there are no pacifists in 40K.

Because the Rogue Trader player character is so important to the plot, whichever player in the co-op session controls the Rogue Trader essentially gets control over the story. Other players are along for the ride; they can highlight certain options but not choose them.

Overall, the co-op campaign in Rogue Trader seems to be less of a narrative commitment and more of an arena in which you and your pals can team up to dungeon crawl through the Koronus Expanse. The sheer flexibility the system offers is intriguing; I can see myself checking out alternate paths from my campaign by joining in on a buddy’s session, or sounding the horn and seeing if I can rustle up friends to tackle a particularly tough boss fight. The world of Warhammer 40K is wild, and I’m excited to have a new avenue through which I can introduce friends to this big, weird world.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Starrok mentioned mercenaries there are the end of the stream (Humans only, no Space Marine/Xenos), so I guess there's our confirmation for full party creation.
*Yep, Mortismal's video above shows it off.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I know that people hate when I talk about magic but is just a curiosity. Did they made the perils of warp deadlier? And any list of psyker abilities in final game? What about guns, new gun types? The new voidship, how he is compared to beta ship?

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Kinda weird you can stream game over 1 month before it is released
It's not the entire game, the last 2 Acts are missing. As far as I know Werglia is one of the guys testing the latest build of Rogue Trader as well.

The game looks really smooth tho. I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing so far.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Kinda weird you can stream game over 1 month before it is released
It's not the entire game, the last 2 Acts are missing. As far as I know Werglia is one of the guys testing the latest build of Rogue Trader as well.

The game looks really smooth tho. I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing so far.
okay, "final release version" seems misleading but guess it just means final beta version

Reinhardt

Arcane
i don't really care about blak pipo in warhammer. that's one setting where you can easily stuff full planet of blacks and there is nothing wrong with it. they are loyal imperial citizens? if yes - that's enough for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom