Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Did the title of this thread change names?

Drop Duck

Learned
Of all the settings that shouldn't have romances, Warhammer is #1.
But they're going to pander to the Reddit/Sigmarxism crowd so...
Give me one good reason why a Warhammer RPG shouldn't have romances as well as quickies. Normal humans don't have their dicks destroyed by the emperor like the Space Marines do. Who in their right mind wouldn't bang hot alien space elf babes?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
So how easy is it to get into this? I am actually serious when I say that I know nothing about Warhammer. I only know that the boys from Blizzard copied it when they made WarCraft because they couldn't get the license.

And what about the mechanics? Are they obtuse, or easy to get a hold of?

I feel this time around, the tutorial will be a key component for me. lol

Since we don't know what system they will be using it's hard to say.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Rogue_Trader_(RPG)
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Wrath_&_Glory

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So how easy is it to get into this? I am actually serious when I say that I know nothing about Warhammer. I only know that the boys from Blizzard copied it when they made WarCraft because they couldn't get the license.

And what about the mechanics? Are they obtuse, or easy to get a hold of?

I feel this time around, the tutorial will be a key component for me. lol

Since we don't know what system they will be using it's hard to say.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Rogue_Trader_(RPG)
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Wrath_&_Glory

It'd be the FFG Rogue Trader rules. There's a tweet someone posted about it using D100 TTRPG rules.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Owlcat are woke in the liberty loving capitalist sense, they're not neo-marxists killjoys. You bet your ass that there will be diversity in this game mate and that the nazis will cry about it. Meanwhile I'm going to play as Captain Kirk and get laid with some xeno babes.

Ciaphas Cain playthrough is the way to go.

Also ITT a bunch of people forget that both Pathfinder games also had cartoon trailers.

Drop Duck

Learned
Owlcat are woke in the liberty loving capitalist sense, they're not neo-marxists killjoys. You bet your ass that there will be diversity in this game mate and that the nazis will cry about it. Meanwhile I'm going to play as Captain Kirk and get laid with some xeno babes.

Also ITT a bunch of people forget that both Pathfinder games also had cartoon trailers.
I haven't read any of the books, only played the games. Did that guy ever get laid?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
04nXP6c.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Somebody probably keeps statistics on rogue traders that fuck one too many aliens and ends up a Slaaneshi cultist.

There's strange poon, and then there's really strange poon.

joke aside, i always feel that in WH themed games be it fantasy or 40k the idea of corruption is something that is failed to be explored

imagine out of all the WH based games only DoW 2 Chaos Rising do something with it even in a hamfisted Warhammer 40k way

in some way I guess it is also the setting fault to make corruption into such a ham fisted thing, but video games RPG that track corruption of the 4 gods behind the scene (not brightly colored PICK THIS TO GET KHRONE POINT) would be interesting. And hide the dialogue choices otherwsie when you don't get a "corruption/purity" tresshold (e.g. someone with Khrone corruption would not be offered choice at all to be merciful in some situation)

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

I haven't read any of the books, only played the games. Did that guy ever get laid?

Constantly but doesn't fuck filthy xenos.

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
I suspect they will replace anything that usually uses cinematics with cartoon. I don't mind the idea to be honest (I do enjoy cartoon aesthetic as such)

This. People forget how colorful and vivid most of the stuff invented in '70/'80s was: D&D, Warhammer, classic SF, etc.
This is how original artworks made by Moebius for Jodorkowsky's never filmed "Dune" adaptation and compare it with what we got in XXI century:

Webp.net-resizeimage-16-5.jpg

Old Harkonnen:
Webp.net-resizeimage-19-5.jpg

Leto:
Webp.net-resizeimage-20-6.jpg

Sardaukars:
Webp.net-resizeimage-21-5.jpg

Or another example, Chris Foss and his starships:
turner-spaceship.jpg

3.jpg

chris-foss-e2032bcc-1dac-4a01-9c16-775e91d86d5-resize-750.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Also paging Lacrymas to hear his impressions on what we know about this game thus far))
It's turn-based, so that's good. I'm unfortunately not familiar with the ruleset, so I can't comment on that, but I'm sure it's not as dumb as Pathfinder 1E. The premise, however, leaves a bit to be desired. You are already a commander of a voidship, so getting even more riches for the sake of it seems obscene. If we were there to conquer the other worlds, that might be more interesting and has more potential.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
watching the trailer it is sad that game looks pretty much like Pathfinder. I guess they are reusing engine and asset but the similarity is too big

Saravan

Savant
watching the trailer it is sad that game looks pretty much like Pathfinder. I guess they are reusing engine and asset but the similarity is too big

Yeah but this is great because you see in the 70s Warhammer used a COLORFUL palette.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom