Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Can I go full chaos?
Go ahead.
I got your back.
:imperialscum:
That's what the Commissar said! :lol:

An important correction.

X3B9LAW.jpeg

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
This ideology is a plague and don't help with accessibility. IDK about Slavic languages, but Latin based languages are very gendered and localization thanks to this woke BS becomes much harder. Now imagine Yeomi Park, an North Korean refugee which speaks English as her third language and suffered a lot seeing an woke upper middle class Kwan citizen crying in tears cuz she said the wrong pronouns...
if non english speaking people want games to adhere to their archaic languages maybe they should make their own games?

Tomas

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I have another question about the game, again *SPOILERS* below.

So there is abandoned bunker on one of the planets (think it is called Oasis). There is nobody there, power is malfunctioning, and you keep taking 0 damage as you explore. I restored the power, and turned on the air filters - fixed the bunker but could not find anything else to do. It seems like there should be more to do, perhaps going down to the lower levels (elevator is destroyed and staircase blocked). Has anyone been able to do anything else besides what I wrote?

lightbane

Arcane
lso the unsanctioned Psyker is not used for comms, she's a Diviner, not a telepath. She also lacks the bond with the emperor and is overall useless for the job of astropathic communication
Then I wonder why the devs bothered to make such character, as she's an unreliable time-bomb. If she was an Astropath Transcendent, aka the Astropath leader of your ship*, then you would have an excuse to tolerate her.

*Like the playable Navigators, it doesn't make much sense why would the RT allow critical members of his crew to put themselves into danger, but Rule of Cool (TM) is a thing in WH40k.

Can an non psyker becomes a psyker by mutagenics, making an pact with a Tzeentch cultist or shit like that? IDK much about Wokehammer lore.

He can, but a hidden danger not mentioned yet is that since you don't know what is to be a psyker, you won't be able to control your powers anytime soon nor how to resist the Warp's influence, which means you will be raped by daemons the moment they look at your direction, unless you find someone to teach you before it's too late.

Aarwolf

Learned
I made Argenta execute psycker bitch that put my ship and my crew at danger.

There's no excuse to keep her around anymore, she's all fucked up at that point and dangerous to anyone around, and I have responsibilities - my ship, my crew and my empire.

I love that this game have choices like this - it doesn't matter if I like Idira or not, I am established person with responsibilities, not some warlord who can do as he pleases.

Trithne

Erudite
I like flawed characters. The sister is no angel either though she is OP in battle.

Yep. I suspect that a Chaos-aligned Rogue Trader could push her towards Khorne worship, given her enthusiasm for murder.

I need targets, not guidance!

Hellion

Arcane
ae7ff3c27e81e5bd.png

You have the option to play as a full-blown Imperial autist, I'm having a great time so far.

There are also Chaos-influenced choices, both during the "main quest" and in random events around space. Like in one event for example you meet some regional ruler who tells you he receives visions from "the real King of the universe" and you have the option to "become that king's herald" or to declare Exterminatus and purify that entire planet.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I made Argenta execute psycker bitch that put my ship and my crew at danger.

There's no excuse to keep her around anymore, she's all fucked up at that point and dangerous to anyone around, and I have responsibilities - my ship, my crew and my empire.

I love that this game have choices like this - it doesn't matter if I like Idira or not, I am established person with responsibilities, not some warlord who can do as he pleases.
yeah it's really good that the game allows you to execute the women of colour in your crew(and only the women of colour)

it's especially cool if it is a blond haired blue eyed superwoman doing the execution

nothing problematic about that at all

Humbaba

Arcane
ae7ff3c27e81e5bd.png

You have the option to play as a full-blown Imperial autist, I'm having a great time so far.

There are also Chaos-influenced choices, both during the "main quest" and in random events around space. Like in one event for example you meet some regional ruler who tells you he receives visions from "the real King of the universe" and you have the option to "become that king's herald" or to declare Exterminatus and purify that entire planet.

I see they're continuing the trend from Wrathfinder, where they give you regular options to fight certain NPCs but at least in this case it seems to be justified (imperial racism). In Wrathfinder it often was just the (Evil) option which often just went like "Grrrr I'm evil and you must DIE!".

Harthwain

Magister
"Grrrr I'm evil and you must DIE!". It does not get any less retarded even under the guise of "Imperial racism".
You're arguing against the setting itself at this point. While being a zealot can be stupid, it is not an unjustified approach for the Imperium of Man.

Humbaba

Arcane
"Grrrr I'm evil and you must DIE!". It does not get any less retarded even under the guise of "Imperial racism".
Completely normal in the Imperium tbh. Any human could put 20 Eldar babies in a meat grinder and people would think literally nothing of it. In fact they would applaud you for it.

Sykar

Arcane
Not really. I am arguing against boring terrible writing. If you want a counter example, take SWTOR. I liked playing a Light Side Inquisitor there. Now did that entail that I was a goody two shoes who was sniffing daisies like Ferdinand the bull? No, he was just more subtle and manipulative, not murdering everything at the drop of the hat "CUZ I CANZ!". There can be more to racism and evil than "HURR DURR KILL YUZ!".

Completely normal in the Imperium tbh. Any human could put 20 Eldar babies in a meat grinder and people would think literally nothing of it. In fact they would applaud you for it.
And it makes for piss poor writing if that is what you are going for. Also boring and trite to an extreme.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom