Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I just find Yrliet wandering like a street hobo and I'm taking in the xeno witch in again.
Holy god, I'm such a goddamn simp.

There was just a little discussion about this on the steam forum. If you're not playing Dogmatic, it's actually quite reasonable to forgive her, because she didn't actually betray you, at least not in the sense that her intention had been to hand you over to whatsisface. It's clear from the dialogue that the worst you could say is that she was blinded by her quest to find out the truth of her homeworld and naive in trusting her darkie "kin." In fact, the only person who betrayed you (or was about to) was the Inquisition guy (the one on Dargonus), who she rightfully killed. She's quite broken up and contrite about the events.

It's a shame that there's no option in the dialogue (particularly after Act 3 when the pissed off retinue ask you to eject her) such that you can clarify the truth of the situation (though it probably wouldn't make any difference to them, the consequences of her error were so horrible for everyone).

REhorror

Educated
I just find Yrliet wandering like a street hobo and I'm taking in the xeno witch in again.

There was just a little discussion about this on the steam forum. If you're not playing Dogmatic, it's actually quite reasonable to forgive her, because she didn't actually betray you, at least not in the sense that her intention had been to hand you over to whatsisface. It's clear from the dialogue that the worst you could say is that she was blinded by her quest to find out the truth of her homeworld and naive in trusting her darkie "kin." In fact, the only person who betrayed you (or was about to) was the Inquisition guy (the one on Dargonus), who she rightfully killed. She's quite broken up and contrite about the events.

It's a shame that there's no option in the dialogue (particularly after Act 3 when the pissed off retinue ask you to eject her) such that you can clarify the truth of the situation (though it probably wouldn't make any difference to them, the consequences of her error were so horrible for everyone).
I'm playing Dogmatic with a sly bit of Iconoclaust, but I choose to get her in, I can trial her later.

Now I just hear her exuses, christ's sake, this Eldar is even NAIVER than Cassia, a sheltered princess. She trusts the fucking Dark Eldar to tell the truth LOL.
She's really the really haughty tsundere who's dumb as shit stereotype done to a T. I still don't know how to deal with her, but let's escape this hellhole first.

Reinhardt

Arcane

so you chose to... believe her AGAIN? she wouldn't lie to dumb thirsty xenophile monkeigh again, right?

see, niggers - dogmatic is the ONLY proper non-retarded way to play.

REhorror

Educated
This game needs at least 2-3 months of bug fixing before it's decent enough to play. Every new update introduced new bugs and shit because they are pressured to solve shit quickly. They should take a few days off ,enjoy the new year and come back reacharged instead of working to squash bugs during new years eve and Chrismas like the've been doing. It's not productive at all.
I understand that targeting the winter holidays for release is good business idea but if you release a buggy game then you are fucked since you'll alienate of lot of people who will feel that they wasted their holidays trying to play an unfinished game.

The game has great potential and could also use some more voice acting at least for critical characters and moments. It has a AAA price(50$) with quite a lot of dialogue and people don't really have the patience to read walls of text. This generation of gamers is not like us from the mid 90's-early 2000's who were used to read books and shit. Sven is not an idiot and invested in voice actors to expand into that westoid market. That's where the money is. Bg3 sold 22 million copies in 4 months. People here make fun of Sven for his cringe marketing and shit but he knows the audience.
$50 ain't AAA bro, $70 is.
Like the game is worth it for the first two Acts alone. It's already LONGER than most games.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
This game needs at least 2-3 months of bug fixing before it's decent enough to play. Every new update introduced new bugs and shit because they are pressured to solve shit quickly. They should take a few days off ,enjoy the new year and come back reacharged instead of working to squash bugs during new years eve and Chrismas like the've been doing. It's not productive at all.
I understand that targeting the winter holidays for release is good business idea but if you release a buggy game then you are fucked since you'll alienate of lot of people who will feel that they wasted their holidays trying to play an unfinished game.

The game has great potential and could also use some more voice acting at least for critical characters and moments. It has a AAA price(50$) with quite a lot of dialogue and people don't really have the patience to read walls of text. This generation of gamers is not like us from the mid 90's-early 2000's who were used to read books and shit. Sven is not an idiot and invested in voice actors to expand into that westoid market. That's where the money is. Bg3 sold 22 million copies in 4 months. People here make fun of Sven for his cringe marketing and shit but he knows the audience.
Like the game is worth it for the first two Acts alone. It's already LONGER than most games.
We are talking RPG here and not some 8-10h shooter.
Act 1 si not big at all. I'm in act 2 and it seems more deveopled but from what i'm reading the other acts are short and buggy as hell. It's not a long game at all despite what you claim. For 10 bucks more, BG3 has much more content and it's fully voice acted. I like the Owlacat's games but they could learn something from Larian. The first Pathfinder game despite the shitty kingdom management is still the best Owlacat game.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

so you chose to... believe her AGAIN? she wouldn't lie to dumb thirsty xenophile monkeigh again, right?

see, niggers - dogmatic is the ONLY proper non-retarded way to play.

You dare to question the judgement of a Rogue Trader? :)

REhorror

Educated

We are talking RPG here and not some 8-10h shooter.
Act 1 si not big at all. I'm in act 2 and it seems more deveopled but from what i'm reading the other acts are short and buggy as hell. It's not a long game at all depsite what you claim. For 10 bucks more BG3 has much more content and it's fully voice acted.
Can't believe you are actually recommeding Bear Gay 3 and voice acting LOL.

I spend like 100 hours on Act 2 alone, it's literally like Sid Meyer's Pirates in space.

REhorror

Educated
I still can't believe Yrliet excuse is that she's NAIVE and she TRUSTS the Dark Elves?

Maybe there's something more sinister going on, and she isn't just DUMB right?

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
it's fully voice acted
and it's totally useless. why do full voice acting when you afraid to click on any npc, including your own party members and avoiding camp like plague to not trigger anything?
That's because you are a closet fag and insecure :)
It's not like you are forced to play that way and have no other option. Like it or not the westoid market likes this shit and it's not going away soon.

REhorror

Educated
it's fully voice acted
and it's totally useless. why do full voice acting when you afraid to click on any npc, including your own party members and avoiding camp like plague to not trigger anything?
That's because you are a closet fag and insecure :) It's not like you are forced to play that way and have no other option. Like it or not the westoid market likes this shit and it's not going away soon.
Silence, heretic!

ArchAngel

Arcane
The eldar weapons seem to be miles better comparing to the human ones.

I guess it's balanced out since you need to take two extra feature to use them.
In addition to two talent tax they are all exotic or primitive types and there is no specialization talents for them like there is for standard weapon types.

ArchAngel

Arcane
it's fully voice acted
That's because you are a closet fag and insecure :)
It's not like you are forced to play that way and have no other option. Like it or not the westoid market likes this shit and it's not going away soon.
Why do we care what retard market wants?!
Westoid retards:
1. Happily promoted gay marriges and stuff 10 years ago and people behind that shit moved on to child sex changes and pedo stuff
2. Happily promoted for years taking in millions of "refugees" from every shithole on Earth and now shit is faling apart with crime, getoes and huge groups that do not want to assimilate
3. Recently they happily promoted taking the experimental jab for every man, woman and baby and now all cause death has sky rocketed and for the first time in my life people are talking about heart failure problems in young healthy children
4. Many more examples

I will rather have cool games like these instead of Bear Sex 3 shit for westoid retards.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Here are some quality portraits for Cassia Yrliet. Owlcat could at least have protraits for all NPC that you interact with. Even some AI generated shit would work.
https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kroguetrader/mods/83?tab=images
83-1704009471-60750277.png

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Most of these AI portrait are shit, I guess the scale of good or not for these people is whether the portrait looks like absent minded thot in skimpy outfit or not

There are probably prompts and engine trained that could actually makes decent improvement within the theme of the game but these generic "deviant art vaguely webtoon looking sexy" ain't it

Dayyālu

Arcane
OK, so Yrliet is actually a real racist, and a very dumb one at that.
I'm going to stop seething I guess and make peace that it's just muh women.

The writing pretty much drops the ball. I can understand that Eldar can be retarded or focused, but trusting Dark Eldar and then finding yourself torturing hobos on Commoragh, only to explode in sobs and cry when the human you betrayed shows up is.... kinda poor writing. She looks like a complete retard, and of course she could have merely asked and knew very well that Theodora did things that your character did not know.

If I don't get a good explanation and a new dubbing that starts every combat with "Yes I'm your xenos pet" I will be disappointed and it's bolt pistol time.

Pasqal proven again to be YOUR best fucking m8 again.

Pasqal is a stereotypic Techpriest, but he's quite well-written with his underlying "I'm tired of this shit" routine. Hell, I'd say all Dogmatic characters are better written, Abelard is an exception being an Iconoclast.

Pasqal is a workmanlike Techpriest, hardworking and direct.
Cassia is a fucking Disney Princess with psychic murder problems.
Argenta isn't much but she dishes out 600+ damage after three turns who I am to complain
Heinrix has mommy issues but at least he's faithful to a fault, he does try to help you earnestly
Abelard is loyal and offers good counsel

contra

Indira is a retarded psychotic heretic
Jae is an annoying scummy smuggler
Yrliet is flat-out retarded
The Dark Eldar , why the FUCK you want to enlist a murderous gypsy

Let's see how the Speshh Mehreen is

REhorror

Educated
OK, so Yrliet is actually a real racist, and a very dumb one at that.
I'm going to stop seething I guess and make peace that it's just muh women.

The writing pretty much drops the ball. I can understand that Eldar can be retarded or focused, but trusting Dark Eldar and then finding yourself torturing hobos on Commoragh, only to explode in sobs and cry when the human you betrayed shows up is.... kinda poor writing. She looks like a complete retard, and of course she could have merely asked and knew very well that Theodora did things that your character did not know.

If I don't get a good explanation and a new dubbing that starts every combat with "Yes I'm your xenos pet" I will be disappointed and it's bolt pistol time.

Pasqal proven again to be YOUR best fucking m8 again.

Pasqal is a stereotypic Techpriest, but he's quite well-written with his underlying "I'm tired of this shit" routine. Hell, I'd say all Dogmatic characters are better written, Abelard is an exception being an Iconoclast.

Pasqal is a workmanlike Techpriest, hardworking and direct.
Cassia is a fucking Disney Princess with psychic murder problems.
Argenta isn't much but she dishes out 600+ damage after three turns who I am to complain
Heinrix has mommy issues but at least he's faithful to a fault, he does try to help you earnestly
Abelard is loyal and offers good counsel

contra

Indira is a retarded psychotic heretic
Jae is an annoying scummy smuggler
Yrliet is flat-out retarded
The Dark Eldar , why the FUCK you want to enlist a murderous gypsy

Let's see how the Speshh Mehreen is
Once again, the Dogmatic companions are TRVE god-tier Emperor-approved.
Maybe Owlcat is secretly converting good persons to Dogmatic path.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Politics. As far as I can tell you did well this time around, and Kingmaker wasn't too egregious either. Wrath was unquestionably woke and that wasn't just because of the source material. I'm also 100% convinced someone over at your studio fought tooth and nail to insert the usual diversity but didn't get to because the setting (and GW) wouldn't allow it. You don't need any of this shit to be successful, RT proves this, it's a choice on your end. Stop it.
inb4 Swen: "Hahahahaha lolza! wokeness is wat gave Baldur's Gate 3 a 96% rating on derpcritic! wokeness sells and gets awards from dorito pope. the future is woke, bigot. deal with it. ur tearz are delicious! hahaha"

REhorror

Educated
I'm calling Iconoclaust IconoCUCK after this incident.
Reading and arguing on Steam forums, many defend the stupid elf's choice because she's desperate LOL.

Even arguing that you get the racist dialog because you play Dogmatic (despite the fact she STILL betrays you if you play the naive goody-two-shoes).

Shaki

Arbiter

I'm pretty sure Abelard was made to be iconoclast purely because Owlcat thought "shieeet we made too many dogmatic characters, let's just slap iconoclast on someone". His personality is mostly dogmatic, realistically he should be like dogmatic 1 in game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom