Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Reinhardt

Arcane
Here are some quality portraits for Cassia Yrliet. Owlcat could at least have protraits for all NPC that you interact with. Even some AI generated shit would work.
https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kroguetrader/mods/83?tab=images
83-1704009471-60750277.png

Get bent with this weeb shit. I like how you are talking about "Westoids" but you put up two absurdly weeby neckbeard fantasy waifu portraits. Fuck off back to the JRPG discussion forum.
nigga, it's not jrpg. it's some mobile match 3.

Mortmal

Arcane
Here are some quality portraits for Cassia Yrliet. Owlcat could at least have protraits for all NPC that you interact with. Even some AI generated shit would work.
https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kroguetrader/mods/83?tab=images
83-1704009471-60750277.png

Get bent with this weeb shit. I like how you are talking about "Westoids" but you put up two absurdly weeby neckbeard fantasy waifu portraits. Fuck off back to the JRPG discussion forum.
nigga, it's not jrpg. it's some mobile match 3.

While there are many delusional 'artists' who produce vapid and soulless art that does not warrant them getting paid or any recognition and can be easily replaced by AI art, this is not the case here. Despite producing a lot of AI-generated shit myself, i am not the delusional one ,this time , thinking it's as good as what we can get in Rogue Trader. The Cassia portrait is a lot better and more fitting than those, and the NPC and character portraits are undoubtedly better than anything i can produce with AI.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I dislike both pictures but the Cassia one in particular seems off. Cassia's portrait in game makes way more sense for her, part of her character is the tension between her view of herself as an aristocratic lady and her knowledge that a lot of people fear and loathe her because of her powers and obviously mutated appearance. If she's just a hot chick with a navigator's eye then whenever it comes up it'll feel like a film where an attractive actress plays Hollywood ugly.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I know no one cares, but Chrissakes why does Owlcat hates Ulfar.

He's redundant by the time you have him, with Argenta having the exact same skillset, only you are used to her and they also share the Dogmatic. He has also a terrible pre-made build that makes him perform significantly worse than Argenta. I did heed the counsel of random people and rebuilt him as a Warrior/Archmilitant through toybox, and he performs decently now, but why the fuck do I need a third-party add-on to make a Space Marine (that in tabletop DH and RT are unholy terrors) not suck donkey dick? Did no one even think about his role in a party and redundancy? Why the fuck a SPACE WOLF is not a WARRIOR by default?

Sometimes this game feels like it has been developed by schizos.

cpmartins

Cipher

He's redundant by the time you have him, with Argenta having the exact same skillset, only you are used to her and they also share the Dogmatic. He has also a terrible pre-made build that makes him perform significantly worse than Argenta. I did heed the counsel of random people and rebuilt him as a Warrior/Archmilitant through toybox, and he performs decently now, but why the fuck do I need a third-party add-on to make a Space Marine (that in tabletop DH and RT are unholy terrors) not suck donkey dick? Did no one even think about his role in a party and redundancy? Why the fuck a SPACE WOLF is not a WARRIOR by default?

If they went by the lore he could go alone on the away missions and murderfuck everything by himself. But this ain't it Jim.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

if you're already using toybox, just bump up his stats by a few hundred so it's lore accurate astartes or whatever.

Game's so bugged that balance doesn't matter anyways.

ArchAngel

Arcane

He is not a warrior because there are two warriors already but only one soldier.
Also I kept him as a soldier and he does well. Not as well as Argenta true but he lacks items for all his body slots and some are really powerful, like the -50 recoil gloves. Also they gave him a single target only dagger that is supposed to give 1 ap back and let you attack again on kill but that of course does not work :D
But he was useful in boss fights in Act3. Nobody can survive opening salvo of boss so I let the boss down him which is not a problem as he got up 2 turns later.
Also Argenta is not as OP now with burst fire varsatility fix and once other bugs are fixed it should also work better.
In a better balanced and less buggy game he would work better.
Like with Argenta you start with burst, then do single shot and then burst with wildfire. Holy bolt amulet lets her always hit with single shot but it does low damage.
With Ulfgar you open with burst shot with a heavy weapon (you do not need a talent as he he 80+ str), then move into melee to so single melee and move out to do another burst. There is amulet that automatically blinds those that do AoO towards wearer. In theory your action will blind that dude and you can burst him easily. And Ulfgar weapon skill is so good he easy parries AoO.
But that amulet does not work or it only works sometimes..
I think he is worse as warrior. Run and gun also gives him another melee attack but penalty is on BS, not WS. And soldier has critical talents that warriors lack. You are just making him even worse at damage dealing to make him a bit better at tanking when he does not need better tanking. He has basically heavy armor and full dodge already.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I really have to agree with Cryomancer's moaning about magic, the psy stuff in this game is pitiful. You get Molten Beam expecting something really cool and it doesn't even have a fucking visual effect.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
On the other hand the amount of enemies in the game is p. impressive tbh fam. I am still buttmad about no Orks, but the game sure keeps surprising me with new things to fight.

Defiler.jpg

A fucking Defiler? Damn... wonder whats next.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I really have to agree with Cryomancer's moaning about magic, the psy stuff in this game is pitiful. You get Molten Beam expecting something really cool and it doesn't even have a fucking visual effect.
Seems a lot of magic was put into staves. Just carry two of those and you got +2 spells.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Can I just say, why the FUCK are power armors so hard to come by? You literally only start getting them at like the last 2-3 end missions in the entire game.. like whats the fucking point?
You can unlock the power armor proficiency talent at like lvl 2... what kind of trap is that lel

I get that you shouldn't get power armors at lvl 5 and start blasting everything and be invincible, but come on? What the fuck tho... In fallout 1+2, it usually took at while to get the armor over half-way midpoint, and by then it was great addition but not all-overpowering.

Power armors in 40k are quite iconic for the imperium, so why are they so scarce? And the reputation requirements to get them are also ridiculously high. helmets too.

Not only that, but power armors aren't really even avaliable to the MC rogue trader lol.. argenta gets one, pascal gets one if he specced into it... and u can get one with super high rep.

I mean, I'm the rogue trader, basically the prince of the universe, shouldn't I like.. be first in line to get any power armor I fucking want considering how powerful I am and how much loot I got and shit lol.

owlcat fix this shit niggas

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I like the fact that he can be used as mobile cover, sort of, but that would necessitate a Vanguard build, which rather goes against him being an arch militant, which seems more suitable, so I dunno. But definitely a candidate for some toyboxing though. The fuck is Second Skin for?

notpl

Arbiter
A well-built telepath operative can clear any encounter in the game with a single psychic assault. You can also make your own pyromantic soldier/archmilitant, just like Argenta, who will do vastly more damage with the hellfire staff than she could ever do with a bolter.

Shaki

Arbiter

Warrior sucks dick, soldier/archmilitant is the most op combo in the game, you nerfed him yourself

ArchAngel

Arcane

I like the fact that he can be used as mobile cover, sort of, but that would necessitate a Vanguard build, which rather goes against him being an arch militant, which seems more suitable, so I dunno. But definitely a candidate for some toyboxing though. The fuck is Second Skin for?
Second skin is prerequisite for his special talent that gives him no dodge penalty in power armor.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
A well-built telepath operative can clear any encounter in the game with a single psychic assault. You can also make your own pyromantic soldier/archmilitant, just like Argenta, who will do vastly more damage with the hellfire staff than she could ever do with a bolter.
I mean, yea, but it looks like shit still.

notpl

Arbiter
I mean, yea, but it looks like shit still.
No argument there. I'm especially distraught because of how pointedly they've ignored responding to any of the bug reports/complaints about it, because it makes me think they have no intention of patching something in.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Warrior sucks dick, soldier/archmilitant is the most op combo in the game, you nerfed him yourself

I don't need a second Argenta and I don't need a second Abelard. Half of his soldier build is complete crap. Argenta simply performs better, has better equipment, has better everything (bar maybe durability but Dodge is king so even on that regard....).

If I want a Space Wolf, I'd prefer to try a close combat Arch-militant instead of Argenta 2.0. At least to have a bit of.....variety. I'd like to play to have fun, not to submit to Owlcat's terrible picks in character creation.

There are just as many of them in the prologue as in the rest of the game. Reactivity is simply non-existent in this game.

They simply flat-out stop after the prologue. Dozens of chances for example for my Commissar background to shine through (the Commissar in Commoragh for example) and instead you get nothing. Worse than Wrath on this regard. Again, signs of poor coherency.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom