Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Cassia is a fucking Disney Princess with psychic murder problems.
She's the worst Disney Princess ever tho. Girl tried to have pets and killed them all in one cycle.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
OK, so Yrliet is actually a real racist, and a very dumb one at that.
I'm going to stop seething I guess and make peace that it's just muh women.

The writing pretty much drops the ball. I can understand that Eldar can be retarded or focused, but trusting Dark Eldar and then finding yourself torturing hobos on Commoragh, only to explode in sobs and cry when the human you betrayed shows up is.... kinda poor writing. She looks like a complete retard, and of course she could have merely asked and knew very well that Theodora did things that your character did not know.

If I don't get a good explanation and a new dubbing that starts every combat with "Yes I'm your xenos pet" I will be disappointed and it's bolt pistol time.

Maybe Yrliet is literally a retarded teenager in terms of the standard and lifespan of her people - maybe that's why she's on the Path of the Outcast (whatever that is lol).

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Pasqal is a stereotypic Techpriest, but he's quite well-written with his underlying "I'm tired of this shit" routine. Hell, I'd say all Dogmatic characters are better written, Abelard is an exception being an Iconoclast.

I'm pretty sure Abelard was made to be iconoclast purely because Owlcat thought "shieeet we made too many dogmatic characters, let's just slap iconoclast on someone". His personality is mostly dogmatic, realistically he should be like dogmatic 1 in game.

I think maybe the idea with him being Iconoclast is that he isn't purely a "for the Emperor" type, he's loyal to the Emperor ofc, but his main loyalty is to the Von Valancius dynasty.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Pasqal is a stereotypic Techpriest, but he's quite well-written with his underlying "I'm tired of this shit" routine. Hell, I'd say all Dogmatic characters are better written, Abelard is an exception being an Iconoclast.

I'm pretty sure Abelard was made to be iconoclast purely because Owlcat thought "shieeet we made too many dogmatic characters, let's just slap iconoclast on someone". His personality is mostly dogmatic, realistically he should be like dogmatic 1 in game.
Abelard wasn't into following rules during his time in the Navi, also he quitted Navi because he wanted to do something greater for Mankind than his work before let him. Going by the literaly meaning of Iconoclast, yeah Abelard is or at least was a Iconoclast. Also he's loyal to Von Valacius first and foremost, going as far as naysaying a Interrogator multiples times looking out for RT

REhorror

Educated
Iconoclaust IS a class of Chaos frigate, nuff said.

Anyway, Yriel is a strong independent Eldar who trusts no Farseer, she trusts Dark Eldar instead.

Shaki

Arbiter

Abelard wasn't into following rules during his time in the Navi, also he quitted Navi because he wanted to do something greater for Mankind than his work before let him. Going by the literaly meaning of Iconoclast, yeah Abelard is or at least was a Iconoclast. Also he's loyal to Von Valacius first and foremost, going as far as naysaying a Interrogator multiples times looking out for RT
Dude is a stickler for the rules and hierarchy, also one of the first events concerning him on the ship, is him being in conflict with iconoclast officer who wants Rogue Trader to do the goody two shoes thing and talk down rioters, while Abelard is like "fuck no heretics and traitors get only death, Ima just send enforcers to slaughter them all, also how dare you break the chain of command". Maybe they slapped some iconoclast explanation on his backstory, but as for his behaviour in game, it's definitely dogmatic.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Abelard was Dogmatic in Alpha

The reason he is Iconoclast is probably because they want to have one mandatory one making up a trio of Abelard, Sistah, Warp girl. Problem is most of his writing didn't change

REhorror

Educated
maybe abelard is iconoclast but not reddit iconoclast. just look how he dealt with lower decks rabble.
Oh boy how dares he send out troops to root out chaos cultists, especially just Theodora's death.

The stupid fucks still mark him as negative fascist due to that event forever.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Abelard isn't into sheer stupidity (like myself when I trusted a Xeno because, well, let's trust the Space Elves) but it's noticeable how he avoids gratuitous brutality (opposed to proper brutality) and doesn't goes too deep into Imperial Cult shenanigans. But yes, I do agree that his location on Iconoclast feels forced.

She's the worst Disney Princess ever tho. Girl tried to have pets and killed them all in one cycle.

I mean, I do enjoy the amusing narrative opposition of her being a sheltered, pseudo-innocent Disney Princess going with the fact that she's an abomination that fries the brains of the people near her, requires blood sacrifice to travel in the warp and his personal valet is a poor fuck that got his tongue cut out and routinely tortured. With the extra that she'll become a mutant fish-freak in the future. It's darkly amusing and gives her character, well, character.

Anyway, Yriel is a strong independent Eldar who trusts no Farseer, she trusts Dark Eldar instead.

Can I get back to the Eldar Exodites I let to survive in my shadow (and got chewed by the Inquisition for it despite the Dogmatic options) and get a non-retarded Eldar companion? Because the Commoragh plotline essentially murders Yrliet as a reasonable pick. What happens if you dispose of the Xeno before Chapter 3? How the hell you end up in the Dark Eldar Fun Zone?

REhorror

Educated

Abelard isn't into sheer stupidity (like myself when I trusted a Xeno because, well, let's trust the Space Elves) but it's noticeable how he avoids gratuitous brutality (opposed to proper brutality) and doesn't goes too deep into Imperial Cult shenanigans. But yes, I do agree that his location on Iconoclast feels forced.

I mean, I do enjoy the amusing narrative opposition of her being a sheltered, pseudo-innocent Disney Princess going with the fact that she's an abomination that fries the brains of the people near her, requires blood sacrifice to travel in the warp and his personal valet is a poor fuck that got his tongue cut out and routinely tortured. With the extra that she'll become a mutant fish-freak in the future. It's darkly amusing and gives her character, well, character.

Can I get back to the Eldar Exodites I let to survive in my shadow (and got chewed by the Inquisition for it despite the Dogmatic options) and get a non-retarded Eldar companion? Because the Commoragh plotline essentially murders Yrliet as a reasonable pick. What happens if you dispose of the Xeno before Chapter 3? How the hell you end up in the Dark Eldar Fun Zone?
I really hope we get a Harlequin companion in the sequel.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Either my game is bugged, or this game do needs more voice actiong.

I'm seeing a lot of companion banters when running around the map, half of them are not voiced, so when it happens I often don't get to read them because my screen is elsewhere. The other half is partily voiced, one companion's dialogue is voiced while the other is not, which is bizzare as fuck.

Same goes with the inquistor talk at the end of act 3. Almost all of the conversation is voiced, except one or two sentences in between.

I mean you don't need to voice everything but at least don't voice them so randomly.

Harthwain

Magister

The reason he is Iconoclast is probably because they want to have one mandatory one making up a trio of Abelard, Sistah, Warp girl. Problem is most of his writing didn't change
That makes sense. He seems to be more Dogmatic than Iconoclast, especially judging by how he reacts to Iconoclast trying to ease the working conditions of the three clans on the ship (which he is strongly against).

I got Yrliet and I have to say that the Eldar ambush clearly isn't her fault. Her keeping secrets is in-line with what Eldar would do. What I find strange is her reasoning as to why she speaks up. I still have to see the Farseer, but I doubt it will be good.

Could be bugged. Twice my companions were talking to companions who obviously weren't present at the time (Abelard to Yrliet, before I even got to Janus and Heinrix to Cassia when I left Cassia on the ship to try out different combination of companions).

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Dude is a stickler for the rules and hierarchy, also one of the first events concerning him on the ship, is him being in conflict with iconoclast officer who wants Rogue Trader to do the goody two shoes thing and talk down rioters, while Abelard is like "fuck no heretics and traitors get only death, Ima just send enforcers to slaughter them all, also how dare you break the chain of command". Maybe they slapped some iconoclast explanation on his backstory, but as for his behaviour in game, it's definitely dogmatic.

If he was that dogmatic, he wouldn't be persuadable by the Iconoclastic player's pep talk after that incident, which revolves around something like (IIRC), "I'm the boss of the dynasty now, I respect your opinion but you've got to work with me and do things in a new way." But after that, he admits you've got a point (kind of thing). I don't think a dogmatic would do that, he'd just grumpily agree to obey the chain of command.

He's definitely a bro, and has a dogmatic side to him, but Iconoclast fits him pretty well on the whole.

Shaki

Arbiter

If he was that dogmatic, he wouldn't be persuadable by the Iconoclastic player's pep talk after that incident, which revolves around something like (IIRC), "I'm the boss of the dynasty now, I respect your opinion but you've got to work with me and do things in a new way."
He isn't "that dogmatic", but he's more dogmatic than Iconoclast imo. As I said, should be just Dogmatic 1. Or at least have 1 rank in both iconoclast/dogmatic.

For sure he's not Iconoclast 2, considering the fact that Heinrix is Dogmatic 2...

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

That makes sense. He seems to be more Dogmatic than Iconoclast, especially judging by how he reacts to Iconoclast trying to ease the working conditions of the three clans on the ship (which he is strongly against).

I got Yrliet and I have to say that the Eldar ambush clearly isn't her fault. Her keeping secrets is in-line with what Eldar would do. What I find strange is her reasoning as to why she speaks up. I still have to see the Farseer, but I doubt it will be good.

Could be bugged. Twice my companions were talking to companions who obviously weren't present at the time (Abelard to Yrliet, before I even got to Janus and Heinrix to Cassia when I left Cassia on the ship to try out different combination of companions).

I've had a few hilarious bugs where they talk about irrelevant stuff, like e.g. I have no "relationship" with Jae at all, and Idira and Argenta were gossping about the Lord Captain's relationship with Jae, like I'd progressed a relationship with her.

Also, "Jae" sometimes appears as a protagonist in the combat log even when she isn't in my team.

Fucking Jae, I hate her much more than the others, that mixed Persian and Oirish accent really rubs me up the wrong way, and her jolly pirate schtick pisses me off.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

If he was that dogmatic, he wouldn't be persuadable by the Iconoclastic player's pep talk after that incident, which revolves around something like (IIRC), "I'm the boss of the dynasty now, I respect your opinion but you've got to work with me and do things in a new way."
He isn't "that dogmatic", but he's more dogmatic than Iconoclast imo. As I said, should be just Dogmatic 1. Or at least have 1 rank in both iconoclast/dogmatic.

For sure he's not Iconoclast 2, considering the fact that Heinrix is Dogmatic 2...

I'm not sure being a stickler for rules and hierarchy marks one as dogmatic - isn't that more to do with how closely one adheres to the Emperor cult? Like Argenta is totally dogmatic in that sense. Conversely, a fair number of Iconoclastic decisions are pretty harsh and respect the hierarchy, but it's more from a pragmatic point of view (like, you see the sense in an "Exterminatus" type of thing at the end of Act 1, you see that it's necessary in that context, whereas with a dogmatic it would be reflexive).

Mortmal

Arcane
Here, I hesitate sometimes, wanting to take more companions than is possible.
what do you mean "more characters"? i only have enough people for full party. me, abelard, argenta, cassia, pasqyuwal and heinrix.
I mean, I fear missing some interactions or party banters and having more good choices as companions in this game than party slots available, even if it's more generous than usual.

REhorror

Educated
Dogmatic choices vary from yeeerr I'm a noble fuck you to Praise the Emperor, stand up and fight you pussy.
Different writers.

ArchAngel

Arcane
OK, so Yrliet is actually a real racist, and a very dumb one at that.
I'm going to stop seething I guess and make peace that it's just muh women.

The writing pretty much drops the ball. I can understand that Eldar can be retarded or focused, but trusting Dark Eldar and then finding yourself torturing hobos on Commoragh, only to explode in sobs and cry when the human you betrayed shows up is.... kinda poor writing. She looks like a complete retard, and of course she could have merely asked and knew very well that Theodora did things that your character did not know.

If I don't get a good explanation and a new dubbing that starts every combat with "Yes I'm your xenos pet" I will be disappointed and it's bolt pistol time.

Maybe Yrliet is literally a retarded teenager in terms of the standard and lifespan of her people - maybe that's why she's on the Path of the Outcast (whatever that is lol).
She is young, on Steam some people said she is only on her 2nd path.

Aarwolf

Learned
I just find Yrliet wandering like a street hobo and I'm taking in the xeno witch in again.

The only reason to do so is to fool her and give her to the hands of the Inquisition as soon as you return to the realspace. Which is what you should do.

I really hope we get a Harlequin companion in the sequel.

You really learned nothing from interacting with space elves, didn't you?

EDIT --> one of the possible endings for her and dark elf is being Harlequins, so yeah, it could be her again, taking advantage of you. Again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Here are some quality portraits for Cassia Yrliet. Owlcat could at least have protraits for all NPC that you interact with. Even some AI generated shit would work.
https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kroguetrader/mods/83?tab=images
83-1704009471-60750277.png

Get bent with this weeb shit. I like how you are talking about "Westoids" but you put up two absurdly weeby neckbeard fantasy waifu portraits. Fuck off back to the JRPG discussion forum.

Zariusz

Arbiter
GElCC64.png

By the Emperor! Look at all those hordes of damned mutant abominations! Did Genestealers survived my purges and returned with vengeance or maybe its a new xeno plague?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom