Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Reinhardt

Arcane
Is there a reason why Dogmatic choices always score almost half (or even more) as many points as others?
I may be wrong but it feels like there are more dogmatic choices than iconoclast so maybe it's to pace out the rate you'd gain tiers in dogmatic if you'd choose it every time.

Last patch made the later chapters playable or we still in shit territory? Yeah I might restart just to avoid any possible bugs with my save game being from an older version.
Was able to finish the last chapter without any crippling bugs but at least 2 of my companion quests were broken.

I've only tried it at range and the game never lets me use it.
View attachment 44890
Its range is dictated by which weapon slot is current and since you can't switch Pasqal's it must be considering his melee attack as his only weapon slot. Death Whisper works fine for Yrliet with a ranged weapon.
That's so shite for Pascal, but that means I only need to respec Pascal, damn....
PASQAL! PASQAL!

REhorror

Educated
Is there a reason why Dogmatic choices always score almost half (or even more) as many points as others?
I may be wrong but it feels like there are more dogmatic choices than iconoclast so maybe it's to pace out the rate you'd gain tiers in dogmatic if you'd choose it every time.

Last patch made the later chapters playable or we still in shit territory? Yeah I might restart just to avoid any possible bugs with my save game being from an older version.
Was able to finish the last chapter without any crippling bugs but at least 2 of my companion quests were broken.

I've only tried it at range and the game never lets me use it.
View attachment 44890
Its range is dictated by which weapon slot is current and since you can't switch Pasqal's it must be considering his melee attack as his only weapon slot. Death Whisper works fine for Yrliet with a ranged weapon.
That's so shite for Pascal, but that means I only need to respec Pascal, damn....
PASQAL! PASQAL!
Oh boy, that and the Eldar.
Still can't her name correctly.

ArchAngel

Arcane
don't think the space combat in that system is that hard either
tbh i didnt really tried, entered, saw 5 ships and turned story mode on :hearnoevil:
I am doing all space fights on hard. They are doable so far.
Only one I skipped for now is where you need to stop a ship before it escapes while others are shooting at you. But I might strong enough now to go back and do that one. I got my first ulti ability for the ship. I picked ability that lets me shoot 3 torpedoes instead of one for whole battle, it is not really a choice between that one and other two offered.

user

Savant
tbh i didnt really tried, entered, saw 5 ships and turned story mode on :hearnoevil:

Did you get to the system where you fight like 5 waves one after another and they materialize right in your face and shoot you in the same round? Very fun. Doable but you will suffer. Rest are easy on hard.
Paskal's pulse talent helps there a lot btw.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Did you get to the system where you fight like 5 waves one after another and they materialize right in your face and shoot you in the same round? Very fun. Doable but you will suffer. Rest are easy on hard.
Paskal's pulse talent helps there a lot btw.
That does not sound like an Act 2 battle..

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just a quick PSA re. the ship combat, I discovered the other day that you can tune the difficulty of the ship combat separately from the main difficulty. (The option is buried down among all the difficulty micro-options.)

Shaki

Arbiter
I mean, is the game retarded for letting you make a retarded decision, or are you for making it?

Eldar Imperium alliance albeit temporary is pretty common at last as far as I am aware. There are much better ways to maintain the core narrative of Janus (e.g. Governor is secretly Chaos worshipper, bunch of dickhead Eldar refugee, rebellion plot backed by said Eldar) without having Yrlieth role in it and how she joins you so stupid
I mean, idk how exactly it plays out if you take her, but it didn't seem so bad if you follow logical choices. I attacked her in the first map, since the only logical choice to a Xeno spy in your settlement, which is dealing with troubles probably caused by Xenos, is to attack and interrogate her. She ran away when I attacked her, then she appeared in the final battle against the Eldars and helped me kill them, then she wanted to join me to help with the chaos worshipping governor.

I killed her anyway because I'm playing hard dogmatic and genocide every xeno I see, but for any less fanatical playthrough, at this point it made perfect sense to at least temporarily take her in, it didn't seem stupid at all.

REhorror

Educated
So far the stupidest thing so far is 2. keeping Idira alive, and 1st. Leeting Jae join the crew.
I should have listened to the rest of my retinue, they are actually reasonable.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So far the stupidest thing so far is 2. keeping Idira alive, and 1st. Leeting Jae join the crew.

I usually keep all companions I can just out of curiosity to see their content, even if I know I'll be meh on them.

I am fully expecting to hand over Idira to the inquisition first chance I get. She seems like a completely pointless character.

Yrliet I get the idea of, though it sounds like her implementation is less a clever scheming teaching you that you should know better than to trust xenos and more like constant and obvious betrayals that makes you look a complete retard for even considering her inclusion in the entourage

Last edited:

REhorror

Educated

I usually keep all companions I can just out of curiosity to see their content, even if I know I'll be meh on them.

I am fully expecting to hand over Idira to the inquisition first chance I get. She seems like a completely pointless character.

Jae I get the idea of, though it sounds like her implementation is less a clever scheming teaching you that you should know better than to trust xenos and more like constant and obvious betrayals that makes you look a complete retard for even considering her inclusion in the entourage
Jae is not the xeno, she is the dirty smuggler you meet at the bar.

She is so fishy other Dogmatic characters are more against her than the xeno.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Jae I get the idea of, though it sounds like her implementation is less a clever scheming teaching you that you should know better than to trust xenos and more like constant and obvious betrayals that makes you look a complete retard for even considering her inclusion in the entourage
Jae is not the xeno, she is the dirty smuggler you meet at the bar.

She is so fishy other Dogmatic characters are more against her than the xeno.

Yeah sorry I meant Yrliet

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yrliet I get the idea of, though it sounds like her implementation is less a clever scheming teaching you that you should know better than to trust xenos and more like constant and obvious betrayals that makes you look a complete retard for even considering her inclusion in the entourage
You can hand over Indira to Heinrix as soon as Act2 starts and he is aboard your ship. Don't talk, do.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I would not hand idira to Henrix, there is a better way to get rid of it

Aarwolf

Learned
You can hand Idira, Yrliet and Marazhai to Heinrix and yes, there is an achievement for that :)

std::namespace

I would not hand idira to Henrix, there is a better way to get rid of it
yes, by giving her this and achieving immortality
RCeQQ2U.png

I6kPnBT.png

std::namespace

gee owlscat, in combat in random encounters in the warp, after cassie appears and plays your retarded fucking timewasing """movie""" the screen goes black and
i cant do shit, the ui i still there, i can esc and find the exit game button blind

edit

it has something to do with full animation skipping, if its off, cassie enters normally, if animations are skipped, its blackscreen

Rhobar121

Scholar
First fight after leaving Footfall and Heirix summoned 4 demons in one fight: Blue Horror, Plaguebringer and 2x Screemer of Tzeentch.
Good thing Sanctic is immortal. It's Unfair, of course. What idiot thought infinite stacking was a good idea?

fGgdtRb.jpg

8u59LNr.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Of course I ran into new bugs. Seems Versatility does less damage than it should, with 180 BS it only gave me +1 damage?!
And of course talent Critical Versatility does nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom