Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

std::namespace

bdsm
jbI070Q.png

inject me with the poison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xUYFY5ifPM

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I defeated a daemon engine in the mechanicus ship that killed half of my team in two round but got completly annihilated by my Warrior Arch Militant , Cassia and a half dead Pasqal. Idk how the fuck I won this.. I guess the hammer from Footfall and a Combat shotgun are all you need to Solo something like that

REhorror

Educated
I defeated a daemon engine in the mechanicus ship that killed half of my team in two round but got completly annihilated by my Warrior Arch Militant , Cassia and a half dead Pasqal. Idk how the fuck I won this.. I guess the hammer from Footfall and a Combat shotgun are all you need to Solo something like that
That one is a hard encounter I leave for later.
I think I can handle it now but I have moved too far from it :(

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nix, you ain't never too far from aviorus

Incendax

Augur
Assassin ability that gives you a free attack with lowered damage doesn't work for Pascual correctly. I've only tried it at range and the game never lets me use it. I think it doesn't work because he's carrying two weapons but the game only takes the melee weapon into consideration when deciding if you can use this ability or not. So if you're not next to an enemy, you can't use it even though I have him carrying a sniper rifle too.
He has this problem with MANY abilities. Only a few advanced abilities like Cull the Weak account for his odd setup.

Last edited:

REhorror

Educated
I'm very loving the Colony Management.

What if Owlcat makes a game about that + space battle and make you hire units like X-Com. Would be quite kino.
Nix, you ain't never too far from aviorus
I just come back and destroy it, man, it's a full on boss fight and there's some slight hint to what happened to the Forgeworld planet.

janior

Arcane
Patron
I'm very loving the Colony Management.

What if Owlcat makes a game about that + space battle and make you hire units like X-Com. Would be quite kino.
wouldn't mind if they let us form entire fleets and do battle, I guess theres BattleFleet Gothic but it's not turn based

Rhobar121

Scholar
I came across a broken event "outpost in need of help"
even though I have the right cargo, I can't give it to them.
Out of curiosity, I typed it into Google and found a topic on Reddit that is over a year old. What the hell was all this alpha for?

Harthwain

Magister
I have to say I am enjoying myself immensely. By the end of the Prologue I was getting the hang of the system. By the end of Act I the builds started coming together. I managed to kill the final boss without having any ships destroyed, although on my first try I got absolutely devastated by the rain of lead. I guess stopping the enemy from shooting was the correct decision, because his melee attacks were a pittance by comparison and he was torn apart between Abelard, Heinrix and Pasqal (whom I turned into melee warrior). I am playing on Unfair, by the way.

I am going to have Argenta run with Heavy Bolter as soon as possible and I got my hands on a Plasma Rifle, which I plan to take for myself, but I lent it to Pasqal for time being, on account of not having the skill to use it yet. Sadly, Heinrix is going to leave me for now, which means I have to use Cassia instead of him. It is a shame, because I quite like his talents so hopefully I will get him back at one point or another. Cassia is pretty redundant between me (Commisar-Operative-Bounty Hunter) and Pasqal (Tech Priest-Warrior-Grand Strategist) so I will be replacing her pretty much with anyone at this point. Frankly, I am impressed at how flexible the classes can be.

I am also fully enjoying the atmosphere of the setting. I liked it before, but the final parts of Act I managed to immerse me into the universe, hopefully this will last for a while.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I am also fully enjoying the atmosphere of the setting. I liked it before, but the final parts of Act I managed to immerse me into the universe, hopefully this will last for a while.
Same here. Tho Kronos Expanse exploring in Act II was a little bit sluggish for me. When you explore planets sometimes you discover space battles that are too high level for you to defeat, so you end up just wondering around. It doesn't feel like the game respects your time in this regard. It's better than Kingmaker when it comes to that tho, that's for sure.

I'm not a 100% certain if it was bugged or if this is intentional design, but I was only able to upgrade the parts of my ship from the navy guy in the Footfall system. Couldn't do so when talking to that trader guy in my ship. Just make sure you update your ship's battle stations. It's essential for plot progress and exploration.

Also, very minor spoilers here, I got Jae to offer me to buff the reputation with one of the faction vendors. If you get this the best decision has to be the Imperial Navy just so that you get your ship upgrades faster.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The problem with shoving Idira into the woodchipper is that she's an absolute beast in combat.

Yrliet less so, especially if you're already doing sniping with Argenta or your main; the reason for keeping Yrliet would be more related to losing chunks of story (though I guess Owlcat have made other paths avialable for that content?)

But Idira, unfortunately, is a genuine asset in the field, especially once you get that huge fan-shaped AoE that's similar to Cassia's :(

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Heirix summoned 4 demons in one fight
thats good right?
why do you have 2 tanks?

Honestly in this game, on Hard, probably the same on Unfair, the biggest challenge is to survive the first turn. 2 Tanks soaking up fire allowing the other 4 to get buffed and buff the other tanks too are probably the most valid strategy (besides just pulling your team in a backside to buff them baiting enemy out of their position so you dont get bombarded 1st round).

If you survive the first salvo of round and get to buff, that's like already 60 - 70% of the fight done.

And Vanguard with Warrior base can always run across the map using Heroic Act, taunting and killing everybody. Parry Counter vanguard is also great.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
The problem with shoving Idira into the woodchipper is that she's an absolute beast in combat.

Yrliet less so, especially if you're already doing sniping with Argenta or your main; the reason for keeping Yrliet would be more related to losing chunks of story (though I guess Owlcat have made other paths avialable for that content?)

But Idira, unfortunately, is a genuine asset in the field, especially once you get that huge fan-shaped AoE that's similar to Cassia's :(

Idira base build essentially allows her to bypass much of the difficulty in the game. AoE Psy attack that Stun and take 60% of enemy health unbuffed? Check. Can increase those damage further with Exploit? Check. Can make them blind so every boss is stuck with -50 WS and BS Malus? That Chain Lightning staff you got at Level 1? It's Heroic act deal like 70% of boss enemies health and one-shot or nearly one-shot Elites? Check. With a cheap cost of one feat she also has +10 to WS + BS when buffing allies through abilities she also got at level 1? Check baby.

She is pretty much the strongest single character in the game without bullshit buffstacking.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I really like how elements of character outfits are still visible under most armor pieces, even with identical gear on all your party members, they still retain their unique look.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Have to say, I initially thought Argenta was shit and she kind of is early game, and thought, why the fuck should I use her?

Then I respecced heavily (Pun intended) into heavy bolter/heavy weapon spec and burst fire and man..

Around end of chapter 1, start of act 2, she absolutely just mows down anything now lol. Bordering on OP I should say, especially with the recoil reduction gear on... damn nigga

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I started as a Pyromancer on Unfair and it actually seems easier than Daring for some reason. Maybe the difficulty settings really are fucked.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Have to say, I initially thought Argenta was shit and she kind of is early game, and thought, why the fuck should I use her?

Then I respecced heavily (Pun intended) into heavy bolter/heavy weapon spec and burst fire and man..

Around end of chapter 1, start of act 2, she absolutely just mows down anything now lol. Bordering on OP I should say, especially with the recoil reduction gear on... damn nigga
Give her a flamer with Flame Weapon Expert.

REhorror

Educated

Yeah I'm fine with Argenta thanks.
Heavy bolter don't summon no daemon.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I started as a Pyromancer on Unfair and it actually seems easier than Daring for some reason. Maybe the difficulty settings really are fucked.

iirc to avoid "to play Unfair you have to have specific Cheese or just RNG" problem in the PF games they gave a soft curve, so early game enemies won't have all the bonueses.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Idira base build essentially allows her to bypass much of the difficulty in the game. AoE Psy attack that Stun and take 60% of enemy health unbuffed? Check. Can increase those damage further with Exploit? Check. Can make them blind so every boss is stuck with -50 WS and BS Malus? That Chain Lightning staff you got at Level 1? It's Heroic act deal like 70% of boss enemies health and one-shot or nearly one-shot Elites? Check. With a cheap cost of one feat she also has +10 to WS + BS when buffing allies through abilities she also got at level 1? Check baby.

She is pretty much the strongest single character in the game without bullshit buffstacking.
She is unless her 5% chance two screw you happens too often.. and it can happen on both offensive and defensive casts. From "minor" things like getting everyone around her prone which removes their next action to having her die and a daemon standing in her place.. fun..

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Mend Reality is fun. "Oh you put Veil Degradation to maximum for this fight? Too bad, Chaosfag. Thanks for the free DR. :smug: "

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom