Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Tyrr

Liturgist
It's God Emperor of Peoplekind you bigot!
D8XqhMd.jpg

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
"If you let the xenos kill you, you win."

~Justin Tannydeau, Emperor of Zherkind, wielder of the Golden Feminine Penis.

Shaki

Arbiter
Wait, did they really rename the "God Emperor of Mankind" to the "God Emperor of Humanity?" :lol::lol::lol:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2412890/discussions/0/3818543965122141233/

You're trying too hard
Answer the question. Did they rename the Emperor of Mankind to the Emperor of Humanity or didn't they?
coGTVpS.png

No, they didn't and as I said, you're trying too hard. You simped for Tranny Gate 3 for a year, biggest defender of gayniggersex and bearbuggery, now after couple of people called you a retard you're running through every other game thread trying to find some traces of wokery to prove that somehow you simping for BG3 wasn't as bad. Just stop being cringe, it's not hard.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
No, they didn't and as I said, you're trying too hard.
Then post that they didn't then instead of just giving your insipid butthurt retort first.

You're not trying hard enough.
You simped for Tranny Gate 3 for a year
I openly criticized the game while you and other retards made stupid arguments like "DURR IT'S NOT A DIRECT SEQUEL", mouth breather. My only defense of the game was to shoot down your retarded arguments.

I repeatedly told people not to buy it. How much more clear could I be?
biggest defender of gayniggersex and bearbuggery
He says, simping for Owlcuck, the first to put Orc/Elf cuckolding polyamory in a videogame. The creators of Wrath of the Tranny.

std::namespace

I wonder if there's a forum somewhere out there online where people talk about videogames.
there used to ones, good old times, when the us of a was 95 percent hwhite, before degenerate scum like you existed

toyboy failed... only full respec... kill me pl0x

notpl

Arbiter
So I am still stuck on what advanced archetype to pick.
For Pasqal I am going Bounty Hunter 100%. Now I do not know what I should pick for my Operator Sniper and Cassia.
My Sniper can either also go Bounty Hunter or Grand Strategist. In that case I would pick Master Tactician with Cassia but it seems some people are taking Grand Strategist with her?
Is Grand Strategist that good? Or should I just skip it with both characters?
Master Tactician seems better for Cassia since she got decent Fellowship stat.
Grand strategist for cassia is just so that she always goes first. You aren't using any of the class powers either way, since her navigator powers are so much stronger. For single-target damage (IE operator sniper) I like Assassin since it has so many talents that just give you +10% damage or +1 damage per hit or the like.
I didn't get to reading their talents yet, I was just looking at abilities and Assassin ability all look like crap. And I do not want Cassia to go first. She cannot give anyone +2 AP with her Officer ability if they didn't do their turn yet.
Uhh, yes, officers can still give people actions on turn 1 if they haven't acted yet. And you are criminally underutilizing her if your only idea for her is to give other people actions - she can wipe entire encounters in a single attack.

Please explain this to me, she does decent damage but my Bolter main is the damage dealer and vastlys outdamages her. Whats your build?

Scroll down in her talents section and just take every single thing with the navigator icon next to it. She gets talents to let her use perception and willpower for her dodge and HP, respectively, allowing her to focus on only two stats when most characters have to spread between 3 or 4. She can buff all her own relevant attributes with navigator spells, some of which stack or compound one another. She can hit enemies with debilitating curses that don't count as an attack or end her turn but debuff their defense against her actual attack powers, she can equip special navigator staffs that let her cast multiple damaging spells without ending her turn, she can give herself extra AP, the list goes on and on. She is without exaggeration the strongest character in the game.

Shaki

Arbiter
She is without exaggeration the strongest character in the game.

Nah, that's Pasqal, y'all are sleeping on him. He has the operative archetype, which is absolutely broken thanks to tactical knowledge, and he has special talents that make it even more absurdly OP. Build right (full ranged melta/plasma dps) he easily outdamages Cassia, his damage scales much harder than hers, while also throwing insane buffs at the whole team at the same time. She's better at lower difficulties since she has bigger AOE and stun/immobilize on her dmg, but on unfair enemies have too much health and her big aoe mostly tickles them after ch1, and they'll very rarely fail resistance tests.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Answering from the older thread :

Yes you are correct that base skill rolls are 3D6. But what you are purposfully obsfucating is all the bullshit around a roll. And the maths you have to do.

In GURPS is up to the DM on how much details he wanna in the 3d6.

And lets be real, this game would be much better if used GURPS(any edition) rules, I honestly din't liked the "action bloat" and number bloat in thi game. As well the psyker nerfs, in relation to Dark Heresy and to Rogue Trader tabletop game ( https://roguetradertheburningexpanse.obsidianportal.com/wikis/psychic-disciplines ) . Psykers can can astral project and posses someone else's bodies while doing it, freeze enemy souls, survive in the vacuum of the space, put enemies in a trance which lasts for days, banish daemons to the warp, levitate himself, objects and enemies, forcefields, choke enemies Darth Vader style, take control over the enemy and force him to shot his companions or suicide, force bolts, among many other things. I wouild also add ice walls, ice spears and the ability to freeze enemy hearts for voidfrost discipline.

in books just to simulate a car running over another player will NEVER be simple. Y

This are optional stuff. The DM can jut say "roll 3d6" and set a difficulty which he fells appropriate

u also love to ignore that GURPs characters are primarily pre generated by the GM because the chargen is so fucking awful and unintuitive that it's easier to just hand a player a sheet than explain how to actually make a character. U

Nope, is not that complicated. Points, attributes, languages, background, reaction, advantages, disadvantages, skills and inventory.

IF you can build a character in UnderRail, you can in GURPS too.

ignoring that GURPS idiots always want every last thing simulated and rolled for with stupidly autistic maths equations

If they have fun that way, let them enjoy their game.

GURPS allow you to play with "rules light" and "rules heavy".

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So I am still stuck on what advanced archetype to pick.
For Pasqal I am going Bounty Hunter 100%. Now I do not know what I should pick for my Operator Sniper and Cassia.
My Sniper can either also go Bounty Hunter or Grand Strategist. In that case I would pick Master Tactician with Cassia but it seems some people are taking Grand Strategist with her?
Is Grand Strategist that good? Or should I just skip it with both characters?
Master Tactician seems better for Cassia since she got decent Fellowship stat.
Grand strategist for cassia is just so that she always goes first. You aren't using any of the class powers either way, since her navigator powers are so much stronger. For single-target damage (IE operator sniper) I like Assassin since it has so many talents that just give you +10% damage or +1 damage per hit or the like.
I didn't get to reading their talents yet, I was just looking at abilities and Assassin ability all look like crap. And I do not want Cassia to go first. She cannot give anyone +2 AP with her Officer ability if they didn't do their turn yet.
Uhh, yes, officers can still give people actions on turn 1 if they haven't acted yet. And you are criminally underutilizing her if your only idea for her is to give other people actions - she can wipe entire encounters in a single attack.

Please explain this to me, she does decent damage but my Bolter main is the damage dealer and vastlys outdamages her. Whats your build?

Scroll down in her talents section and just take every single thing with the navigator icon next to it. She gets talents to let her use perception and willpower for her dodge and HP, respectively, allowing her to focus on only two stats when most characters have to spread between 3 or 4. She can buff all her own relevant attributes with navigator spells, some of which stack or compound one another. She can hit enemies with debilitating curses that don't count as an attack or end her turn but debuff their defense against her actual attack powers, she can equip special navigator staffs that let her cast multiple damaging spells without ending her turn, she can give herself extra AP, the list goes on and on. She is without exaggeration the strongest character in the game.
Well, I skilled her exactly like this, she is powerful but compared to others not gamebreaking I thought I had missed something else.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

Nah, that's Pasqal, y'all are sleeping on him. He has the operative archetype, which is absolutely broken thanks to tactical knowledge, and he has special talents that make it even more absurdly OP. Build right (full ranged melta/plasma dps) he easily outdamages Cassia, his damage scales much harder than hers, while also throwing insane buffs at the whole team at the same time. She's better at lower difficulties since she has bigger AOE and stun/immobilize on her dmg, but on unfair enemies have too much health and her big aoe mostly tickles them after ch1, and they'll very rarely fail resistance tests.

chapter 2 -> chapter 5 Im confident that I can duo unfair difficulty with Cassia + officer mc. chapter 2 -> chapter 5 might be soloable I try to solo final boss with her when game gets patched

Here was my Cassia round 1 in chapter 2 and chapter 4

tSqzeYM.jpg

XkB2nTq.jpg

Pascal is decent yes but I don't see him doing 50-100k dmg with buffs + 1 officer giving her 2 turns in round 1 while being nearly unkillable, vs 1 target it should be around 25k without extra APs from multiple kills

which was the hardest fight in act 2 - act 5? I can probably do video if I still have save from that fight and check if she can solo it

Last edited:

std::namespace

does contagious luck work? and stack with jinx?
MF9VGFC.png

sG1yRhG.png

...feels bad man...

Trithne

Erudite

chapter 2 -> chapter 5 Im confident that I can duo unfair difficulty with Cassia + officer mc. chapter 2 -> chapter 5 might be soloable I try to solo final boss with her when game gets patched

Here was my Cassia round 1 in chapter 2 and chapter 5

tSqzeYM.jpg

XkB2nTq.jpg

Pascal is decent yes but I don't see him doing 50-100k dmg with buffs + 1 officer giving her 2 turns in round 1 while being nearly unkillable, vs 1 target it should be around 25k without extra APs from multiple kills

which was the hardest fight in act 2 - act 5? I can probably do video if I still have save from that fight and check if she can solo it

What the actual fuck are those stats? If that's legitimate then either this game is so buggy it breaks itself, or Owlcat seriously fucked up the system.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
What the actual fuck are those stats? If that's legitimate then either this game is so buggy it breaks itself, or Owlcat seriously fucked up the system.

its just fucked up system, whoever was in charge of balancing this game had no idea what he was doing and could not figure out some basic combos that are very abusable. Cassia is just easy example how silly combat can be in this game. quite many things would be solved if there was some AP limit / nerf officer + scaling / some obviously broken talents

Cassia being broken would be clear if someone tested her with just having most navigator talents and nothing else

mods will fix it maybe

Rieser

Scholar

tSqzeYM.jpg

XkB2nTq.jpg

Can you explain to a noob why reveal the light gives such a massive bonus in this instance (lvl 17/chapter 2 screen)? Like, how did you get the willpower so high round one that the ability boosts that much?

Trithne

Erudite

its just fucked up system, whoever was in charge of balancing this game had no idea what he was doing and could not figure out some basic combos that are very abusable. Cassia is just easy example how silly combat can be in this game. quite many things would be solved if there was some AP limit / nerf officer + scaling / some obviously broken talents

Cassia being broken would be clear if someone tested her with just having most navigator talents and nothing else

mods will fix it maybe

See, I was reading the talents and thinking "why are there so many cases where they divide the bonus in half?"

It's because they took a system that's designed for stats to rarely go over 70 and never exceed 100, and let you go to Four fucking hundred.

That's numberwang. And fucking retarded.

Shaki

Arbiter

tSqzeYM.jpg

XkB2nTq.jpg

Cassia don't actually scale that well, you can do damage fom screenshots because press the advantage is bugged and instead of lasting for one attack, it lasts whole combat and stacks infinitely. So she pretty quickly starts doing couple hundred % more damage than she should. Before clicking on press the advantage few times, her damage is not THAT much out of line with the DMG of other characters

Lemming42

Arcane
View attachment 44582

Steam rating also got downrated to Mostly Positive.

View attachment 44583

Lol. Owlcat, if you're reading this - please do cut 5 - 10% of items, dialogues, talents, customization options, reactivity and so on. All your games are bloated as fuck and there's no point having this wide range of talents when half of them don't work. Many of us would also very much like less dialogue; you can get the same amount of information and characterisation across in far less verbose language.

The situation is being presented as "we can make the game stable at launch, but that'll mean less content!" when it's more appropriate to view it as "we can make the game stable at launch, and make it a tighter, more focused game".

Trithne

Erudite
View attachment 44582

Steam rating also got downrated to Mostly Positive.

View attachment 44583

I wonder how their bugfixing phase didn't fix any of the ~20 broken talents and skills I already reported back in beta :roll:

They were fixing bugs in the 5-10% of talents they added.

This post of theirs, combined with the numberwang above, tells us that the real issue here is that Owlcat are a bit like a mod team - they don't know when to stop adding shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom