Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Just wanting to point to the cassia is OP images above:
bN7NjIV.png

This is exactly at the start of round 2 (eg, first character action)

My character has 27 stacks of versatility, with the armor per stack upgrade he has 99% damage reduction, with 298 BS ~14 damage per bullet extra, a nearly 100% critical hit chance and + 3*27 % higher crit damage per bullet in each burst.

Last enemy I attacked got ~120 dmg per hit, he can attack 4 times per round: 1 normal, 1 run and gun, 1 Steady superiority, 1 Wildfire and that even with the 2 AP officer ability, you just have to use it in the correct order. reckless rush and run and gun makes him also zoom around the battlefield.

I am not sure how well Cassia performs, she does decent damge but this guy clears everything.

This is also not counting buffs and debuffs.

Vasya

Novice
with the armor per stack upgrade he has 99% damage reduction
Just nitpicking, this 99% reduction is not that much. With enemy elites and bosses armor penetration you need ~180% armor after all buffs in act two if you want to cap damage reduction.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
with the armor per stack upgrade he has 99% damage reduction
Just nitpicking, this 99% reduction is not that much. With enemy elites and bosses armor penetration you need ~180% armor after all buffs in act two if you want to cap damage reduction.

I have not checked if it goes any higher than that in game, but that is a fair point.

EDIT: it does, after the seconf round 150% is easily achievable.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Ahahaha, that introduction "cutscene" for Jae at the bar. Holy shit. They tried soooo hard to make it look cool in their lil engine. Bless their hearts but it does not work at all.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ahahaha, that introduction "cutscene" for Jae at the bar. Holy shit. They tried soooo hard to make it look cool in their lil engine. Bless their hearts but it does not work at all.
Actress sounds like someone reading the lines out in class.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
she is painful to listen to indeed. Idira is also a "special" case.
Speaking of Idira, I expected something to happen when handing her to the Inquisition but nope, just gone.
Can't have been a very good diviner.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Cool vid from CRPGBro
Very cool vid indeed.
Extrapolating my experience with their previous games this is what will happen:
Youtubers popularize degenerate broken stuff such as 3 digits willpower Cassia, multiple officers giving extra turns to archmilitant with 0 AP Wildfire, Concentrated Fire working on any attack etc.
Everyone starts using it and rely on it.
Owlcats never fix it because people don't know how to play differently.

I don't think that's quite fair on Owlcat, they do fix broken things (e.g. as I recall they recently - finally! - fixed some notorious double dips in WOTR). Quite often, I've noticed YT build vids have to be withdrawn or deprecated becase Owlcat have fixed one thing or another that the build relied on.

But I suppose that just goes to the common wisdom of not playing Owlcat games till a year down the road.

Plus also, isn't part of the fun of these games the arms race between devs and player autists catching them with their pants down? :)

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Cool vid from CRPGBro
Very cool vid indeed.
Youtubers popularize degenerate broken stuff such as 3 digits willpower Cassia, multiple officers giving extra turns to archmilitant with 0 AP Wildfire, Concentrated Fire working on any attack etc.

I don't think that's quite fair on Owlcat, they do fix broken things (e.g. as I recall they recently - finally! - fixed some notorious double dips in WOTR). Quite often, I've noticed YT build vids have to be withdrawn or deprecated becase Owlcat have fixed one thing or another that the build relied on.

But I suppose that just goes to the common wisdom of not playing Owlcat games till a year down the road.

Plus also, isn't part of the fun of these games the arms race between devs and player autists catching them with their pants down? :)

I find it fun to break the game, sue me. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed the many long winded battles otherwise tbh.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
she is painful to listen to indeed. Idira is also a "special" case.
She at least give some story insight and lore. While the gypso one just sits in the corner.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Cool vid from CRPGBro
Very cool vid indeed.

I mean in case of the pathfinder games, there are probably some GM lawyering and thus clear guidance on what is exploit and what is intended

this game seems to be divorced from the PnP system so it's on whatever goes territory and considering the target market of Owlcat (young liberals, Larian crowd, Critical Role crowd) I don't think Owlcat will have balls to nerf shit

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Is it true that GW has prevented Owlcat from implementing some of the stuff they wanted (eg. Argenta corruption, etc.)
god bless GW

Good on them for that, but I read a while ago that the GW lore itself is starting to get a bit pozzed, is that true? (I mean, they would have to go a long way because the lore starts at such a gloriously based level, but I'm sure there must be pressure on them.)

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Spoilers for Jae and Act 3 (unless they've changed it from beta): Jae's OTT behaviour and accent make way more sense if you take her to Commorragh. I thought she was annoying and overacted too but I think with the extra context it was probably a deliberate decision rather than bad acting on the part of the actress. It's just a pity that unless Owlcat have revamped Act 3 to include everyone, not just your party on getting ambushed, a lot of people won't see it because she's so annoying at the start that it's tempting to immediately bench her.

Vasya

Novice

It may be fun, but after some time everyone starts thinking that it is impossible to beat the game on unfair without those broken builds and that there is nothing to character building except for them.
Also you are pretty much skipping all combat encounters and playing a shitty VN. Are combat encounters a chore you'd rather skip with broken builds?

I abused Cassia and bounty hunter's burst of doom in beta and I dropped the game before act 3.
Now I'm trying to avoid the most degenerate abuses and I'm having some fun with combat encounters.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

It may be fun, but after some time everyone starts thinking that it is impossible to beat the game on unfair without those broken builds and that there is nothing to character building except for them.
Also you are pretty much skipping all combat encounters and playing a shitty VN. Are combat encounters a chore you'd rather skip with broken builds?

I abused Cassia and bounty hunter's burst of doom in beta and I dropped the game before act 3.
Now I'm trying to avoid the most degenerate abuses and I'm having some fun with combat encounters.

Oh for me personally, I just play CRPGs "straight," i.e. I do builds and combat in terms of how I feel the characters' story/rp/character development is. I like to keep track of what autists say so that I can build as best within my rp concept as possible, but I don't build all and only broken - as you say, there's no real point to it.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh it can't be worse than Crusade management

CM was absolutely banal waste of time that gets everything about HoMM wrong that they probably should get their Russian gene revoked or something

Space Combat here is buggy as fuck but at least is not a massive design flaw

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Incendax

Augur
Is it true that GW has prevented Owlcat from implementing some of the stuff they wanted (eg. Argenta corruption, etc.)
god bless GW

Good on them for that, but I read a while ago that the GW lore itself is starting to get a bit pozzed, is that true? (I mean, they would have to go a long way because the lore starts at such a gloriously based level, but I'm sure there must be pressure on them.)
They did a bad thing, but are quietly backtracking what they did with the usual GW silence. Which works for me.

Majorkill just did a video on it, in fact.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL the ship rotation is so fucking broken.
The whole shipcombat is rather.... not so good tbh.

Also a trend. I mean it works better than the HoMaM battles but, eh...
It is their worst for sure,it is so buggy that makes it unplayable because kills the tactic with all the bugs.

Expecting to ram.....

RyLe1Kc.png

0e9F9vX.png
Doesn't it say you can only ram during the acceleration phase, ergo during movement?
Me point is that the positions it shows that will take is different from what it takes. It is bugged garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom