Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Yoomazir

Educated
I just realized, I paid more for this game, season pass included, than I did for BG3. I kinda feel stupid now...

std::namespace

HTEv9LE.jpeg

BEHOLD THE VISIONS OF HELL
AND TREMBLE!
:smug:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Cassia don't actually scale that well, you can do damage fom screenshots because press the advantage is bugged and instead of lasting for one attack, it lasts whole combat and stacks infinitely. So she pretty quickly starts doing couple hundred % more damage than she should. Before clicking on press the advantage few times, her damage is not THAT much out of line with the DMG of other characters

j9buOcu.png

just a fast test, it indeed lasts whole battle and increases dmg by however much that is around 50%~ since modifiers + base dmg is not the same
still broken as fuck and would 1 round any encounter late game

in first picture instead of 5.23 modifier it would be +3.96 more with max stack so 5.23 vs 9.19
but then getting max stack rarely happens since combat encounters end before that in round 1

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
She is without exaggeration the strongest character in the game.

Nah, that's Pasqal, y'all are sleeping on him. He has the operative archetype, which is absolutely broken thanks to tactical knowledge, and he has special talents that make it even more absurdly OP. Build right (full ranged melta/plasma dps) he easily outdamages Cassia, his damage scales much harder than hers, while also throwing insane buffs at the whole team at the same time. She's better at lower difficulties since she has bigger AOE and stun/immobilize on her dmg, but on unfair enemies have too much health and her big aoe mostly tickles them after ch1, and they'll very rarely fail resistance tests.
Tactical Knowledge is completely bonkers. I mean, probably not as gross as 1.2k AOE Sanctic Staff nukes, but they can even be combined if you want to break the game over your knee.

I'm expecting nerfs

Shaki

Arbiter
Cassia don't actually scale that well, you can do damage fom screenshots because press the advantage is bugged and instead of lasting for one attack, it lasts whole combat and stacks infinitely. So she pretty quickly starts doing couple hundred % more damage than she should. Before clicking on press the advantage few times, her damage is not THAT much out of line with the DMG of other characters

j9buOcu.png

just a fast test, it indeed lasts whole battle and increases dmg by however much that is around 50%~ since modifiers + base dmg is not the same
still broken as fuck and would 1 round any encounter late game

in first picture instead of 5.23 modifier it would be +3.96 more with max stack so 5.32 vs 9.19
but then getting max stack rarely happens since combat encounters end before that in round 1
Path of the open gate is also some weird bugged shit, it's Cassia's talent that's supposed to add some critical hit chance to her powers, but instead it seems to add some weirdly stacking dmg% increase, from my testing it was already 50% during the second use of attack skill.

Blood Augury is a massive buff, but you're not stacking that to 200% turn one, same with eager subordinates totaling to +45%, it's like 3 turns of buffing to get this %dmg increase, right? Unless you have multiple officers spamming at her.

Btw. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure with similar investment, Idira could actually reach similar damage and in less rounds, but can't test it since I gave her to the inquisition. She had a AOE psychic shriek skill that could potentially scale to much higher dmg than Cassia in the late game, while having similar AOE, and better stun chance.

Cassias lidless stare base dmg is (1+WP bonus) to (4+WP bonus), Idira's skill has (1+WP bonus x psy rating) to (4+WP bonus x psy rating), basically 5x higher base dmg than Cassia assuming same willpower, + Idira can also get pretty much infinite scaling to both flat DMG and %DMG from her operative archetype. With some officers spaming at her pretty sure this shit could turn 1 every encounter.

Most broken probably would be custom psyker with maxed psy rating + officer + tactician for AOE shriek + press the advantage, and 5 custom mercs ministorium priest origin + officer, farming war hymn stacks on round 1 for uber momentum = tactical advantage stacks gain, and buffing/giving turns to psyker, legit would probably be doing like 3k dmg on each aoe

Shaki

Arbiter
She is without exaggeration the strongest character in the game.

Nah, that's Pasqal, y'all are sleeping on him. He has the operative archetype, which is absolutely broken thanks to tactical knowledge, and he has special talents that make it even more absurdly OP. Build right (full ranged melta/plasma dps) he easily outdamages Cassia, his damage scales much harder than hers, while also throwing insane buffs at the whole team at the same time. She's better at lower difficulties since she has bigger AOE and stun/immobilize on her dmg, but on unfair enemies have too much health and her big aoe mostly tickles them after ch1, and they'll very rarely fail resistance tests.
Tactical Knowledge is completely bonkers. I mean, probably not as gross as 1.2k AOE Sanctic Staff nukes, but they can even be combined if you want to break the game over your knee.

I'm expecting nerfs
Yea, Tactical knowledge is stupid broken, with extra turns and good +int modifier, you can stack some insane dmg and armour numbers. Especially when going bounty hunter for 2nd archetype, and getting the talent that lets you get an extra turn every time your bounty gets killed by ally. Even more thanks to the fact that this talent is also broken and grants you an extra turn after every barrel/whatever obstacle with visible hit points dies
:troll:
If they fix the tide of excellence talent so it actually works, operative will get even more broken, stacking dmg 2x as fast xD And if they also fix Pasqual's talent that is supposed to stack infinitely plasma/melta +%dmg on each shot, but is broken and only gives one stack, he'll make Cassia look like nothing.

notpl

Arbiter
View attachment 44582

Steam rating also got downrated to Mostly Positive.

View attachment 44583
The reactivity in this has already taken a huge dive compared to kingmaker/wrath. And curiously they don't mention anything about 25-30% of the talents not working, or incredibly embarrassing basic shit like a 5% discount from a quest reward actually being applied as +5 to all costs, the kind of mistake someone who's been working in software for a week would laugh about.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Wait, did they really rename the "God Emperor of Mankind" to the "God Emperor of Humanity?" :lol::lol::lol:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2412890/discussions/0/3818543965122141233/
Not entirely, but it does get called "Humanity" quite a bit. Let's say 30% Mankind, 70% Humanity.

They also call Chaos "Archenemy" a lot. I know that is canon, but it's still jarring to hear 80% Archenemy to 20% Chaos.
Yeah, I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt and say it's probably a localization issue then. If they patch it to be nearly 100% Humanity or never fix it, I'll retract that though.

Shaki is also a dishonest shill for posting one screenshot of Mankind and not mentioning that this is still a widespread issue.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Blood Augury is a massive buff, but you're not stacking that to 200% turn one, same with eager subordinates totaling to +45%, it's like 3 turns of buffing to get this %dmg increase, right? Unless you have multiple officers spamming at her.
both pictures are just Cassia + officer mc action before rest of party got a turn, did not buff/debuff with other chars or use any grand strategist mc shenanigans. dmg looks pretty "low" but its chapter 5 enemies. blood augury probably works as it should but the problem is Cassia has 200-300+ perception and willpower after using 2-3 spells or something.

also Im too lazy to check but some of those modifiers proc way too many times but to balance it out half of shit that would bring more dmg does not work either

j5CZ9YV.jpg

first picture have not used any skill with any char
second picture buffs from mc officer
third picture with reveal the light

then after using few spells willpower goes to 400+ and perception whatever it was 250-300 or something

jf8350143

Liturgist
Is the space marine recruit quest bugged?I got no dialogue option to recruit him when talking to the Haemonculi?

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Is the space marine recruit quest bugged?I got no dialogue option to recruit him when talking to the Haemonculi
you need to talk to marine and after it offer him what he wants trophy or something from few enemies. you can miss him if u did not get enough heads / organs and used your favors for items and such. few quest items are locked behind skill check medical + x

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Cool vid from CRPGBro on defeating the Forgefiend in one turn, using his particular mix of neat tricks in his builds. Cassia's Waking Nightmare's debuff of Toughness is key.

One thing I've noticed is that the many buffs from sticking together as a "pod" (like the Camaraderie CRPGBro uses - and there are quite a few others) is somewhat at cross-purposes with the whole cover mechanic. If you can get such huge offensive buffs from being a "pod" and are able to kill quickly that way, there's no point in scattering and using cover.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wait, did they really rename the "God Emperor of Mankind" to the "God Emperor of Humanity?" :lol::lol::lol:

Not entirely, but it does get called "Humanity" quite a bit. Let's say 30% Mankind, 70% Humanity.

They also call Chaos "Archenemy" a lot. I know that is canon, but it's still jarring to hear 80% Archenemy to 20% Chaos.
archenemy is more proper term actually. it's archenemy or ruinous powers for regular imperial citizen. they don't drop casually names of chaos gods and shit. simply because they don't even know them. just witnessing demons is a good recipe for visit from friendly uncle inquisitor, like on armageddon.
and for people like argenta IT IS archenemy.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Is the space marine recruit quest bugged?I got no dialogue option to recruit him when talking to the Haemonculi
you need to talk to marine and after it offer him what he wants trophy or something from few enemies. you can miss him if u did not get enough heads / organs and used your favors for items and such. few quest items are locked behind skill check medical + x
I've just figured it out. You need to choose a specific dialogue option(there are two) to give Haemonculi the monster materials, if you choose the other one you just give them those things for free with 0 reward. It's stupid as fuck.

Also I think the game is bugged out, two of my companions simply doesn't show up and I can't rescue them.

Parabalus

Arcane
went dogmatic. sister was impressed
cuck

instead of working, im planning the turnorder on how to kill the csm lol

me - cmd sis, takeaim sis, turn tek

tek - plasma aoe (20 dmg), de/buff

cas - buff nig, turn nig

nig - scream (40 dmg), blind

sis - rapid, concen, burst6 (60 dmg)

nig - scream (40 dmg)

abel - axe (10 dmg bleed), noble sword 2*wp equiped

== 200 dmg ideally

... survive hv bolder, sniper, knife goons

... hope he doesnt run, aoo by abel

me - ?grenade? or ?takeaim tek?, turn tek

cas - krak grenade (30 dmg) or ?eye?, turn nig

nig - scream (40 dmg)

sis - rapid, concen, burst6 (50 dmg)

nig - scream (40 dmg)

abel - atk (10 dmg)

== 200 dmg ideally

... how do i survive here i dunno ...

3. 100 more dmg pl0x
There's the psyker staff which does 30% HP, looted on the way up to the CSM.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt and say it's probably a localization issue then. If they patch it to be nearly 100% Humanity or never fix it, I'll retract that though.

Shaki is also a dishonest shill for posting one screenshot of Mankind and not mentioning that this is still a widespread issue.
Cease this heretical preaching at once, brother!

I just had a look through my oldest 40K book, the 3rd edition rulebook from 1998, and even back then "Mankind" and "Humanity" were used interchangably, including when refering to the Emperor. There does seem to be a shift towards using Humanity more often than Mankind in the newest material, which includes this Rogue Trader game, but both words have always been equally valid ways to refer to our glorious species.

Vasya

Novice
Cool vid from CRPGBro
Very cool vid indeed.
Extrapolating my experience with their previous games this is what will happen:
Youtubers popularize degenerate broken stuff such as 3 digits willpower Cassia, multiple officers giving extra turns to archmilitant with 0 AP Wildfire, Concentrated Fire working on any attack etc.
Everyone starts using it and rely on it.
Owlcats never fix it because people don't know how to play differently.

jf8350143

Liturgist
So only the companions you bring with you will go to act 3 with you. The rest of them won't show up.

I wasted hours to find the other companions just because it shows quest failed when I progress the story, but if you click the journal it will tell you've rescued every one.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What the actual fuck are those stats? If that's legitimate then either this game is so buggy it breaks itself, or Owlcat seriously fucked up the system.

its just fucked up system, whoever was in charge of balancing this game had no idea what he was doing and could not figure out some basic combos that are very abusable. Cassia is just easy example how silly combat can be in this game. quite many things would be solved if there was some AP limit / nerf officer + scaling / some obviously broken talents

Cassia being broken would be clear if someone tested her with just having most navigator talents and nothing else

mods will fix it maybe
In which act she becomes op? I am in the second one and she is powerful but not op. Also does her damage scale with wis?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
In which act she becomes op? I am in the second one and she is powerful but not op. Also does her damage scale with wis?
well that picture I had was lvl 17 so probably at that point she could duo most/all encounters with mc officer
after getting master tactician at the latest

and yes to wis scaling but pulling random % modifiers everywhere is what makes it broken dmg wise, survivability wise just need to pump some willpower + perception (you need 2 talents for these)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom