Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

std::namespace

i was googling trying to find if there is any good thing about heretic "path"
came across this guy
he is very butthurt about reviews xD
i dont think he is acting, the faces this cuck makes are funny

janior

Arcane
Patron
first impressions:
8 skin types for character 7 of those are black lol

This is a problem for you why? You are the only Vatnik I know that had an avatar of a strong empowered nigress as their forum avatar for a LONG time. Not to mention one of the worst RPG game characters in history too. You should be really excited by this! Why the change of heart Vatcuck?

A reminder for you since you have a short memory of your most favorite avatar EVAH---

View attachment 44317
JoinedAug 1, 2019

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
first impressions:
8 skin types for character 7 of those are black lol

This is a problem for you why? You are the only Vatnik I know that had an avatar of a strong empowered nigress as their forum avatar for a LONG time. Not to mention one of the worst RPG game characters in history too. You should be really excited by this! Why the change of heart Vatcuck?

A reminder for you since you have a short memory of your most favorite avatar EVAH---

View attachment 44317
JoinedAug 1, 2019

Negro worshipper and unoriginal. Not a good look...

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/colony-ship-release-thread.148806/post-8754060

Get some new material NPC.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
I watched the launch review from the 100% reviewer guy, I dropped Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous because of its excessive amount of trash encounters but thinking about buying Rogue Trader anyway, I heard Owcat did reduce the number of encounters in Rogue Trader but increase the number of enemies in each encounter (to be fodders for the Momentum system), is it true?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well look at last three games from owlcats.
Black ranger with tragic story and sum of his stats was FAR above average. (Well if it happens once then... Was there nearby something where Arabian? like population lived?)

You were forced into throat a black character in WotR in the beginning, and if your main character wasn't tank, it was either she, or be without tank. Wendy and Lann were FAR more useful in backline than try to dodge enemy blows and fight in frontline. Camelia wasn't that great at tanking at low levels, and they basically goaded you into executing her by pilling shit at her. Well, Seela was supposed to be Paladin, but she didn't behave like Paladin. Also I doubt Paladin orders would allow someone who wasn't from a lot of generation living in that country. Blacks had different special warrior types. To be thug, or Hassassin, you needed to be Arabian. You needed to be yellow to be Samurai, and while you could have ninja training, you couldn't pass ancestry requirement to be officially fully fledged ninja.

So yea.
That was second case.

Now we have a character that is AGAIN black. And we are forced to use her for a while, and they are kinda making her important for some stuff.

So either someone from the team has Black fetish, or they are trying to get more sales by doing weird stuff like that.

Last edited:

user

Savant
WH noob here, quick question. Can I make something like an old fashioned wizard build to zap and blast my enemies from a distance without resorting to peashooters? Every psyker build I've seen online goes melee and invests in STR. What is the closest thing to this in WH?

Rieser

Scholar
I watched the launch review from the 100% reviewer guy, I dropped Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous because of its excessive amount of trash encounters but thinking about buying Rogue Trader anyway, I heard Owcat did reduce the number of encounters in Rogue Trader but increase the number of enemies in each encounter (to be fodders for the Momentum system), is it true?
Pretty much. Encounters will have you face low health minions along with the "real" opponents, though killing the tougher opponents gives much more momentum so...

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
WH noob here, quick question. Can I make something like an old fashioned wizard build to zap and blast my enemies from a distance without resorting to peashooters? Every psyker build I've seen online goes melee and invests in STR. What is the closest thing to this in WH?
Telepath has the more ranged focused spells from what I could tell.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Pyromancer is a nuke wizard. All psykers also get the "chain lightning" attack using a staff. So you can't go wrong with that combo if you are looking for "zap and blast" as that's literally a zap and a blast.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
went on reddit to see what people are saying and the top question is "can i romance the sister of battle" thanks larian

Not to defend plebbitors but reality is, she is really the only one that is halfway fuckable. So they aren't totally off-base there if you -had- to choose someone.

std::namespace

went on reddit to see what people are saying and the top question is "can i romance the sister of battle" thanks larian

Not to defend plebbitors but reality is, she is really the only one that is halfway fuckable. So they aren't totally off-base there if you -had- to choose someone.
erm, ex cuse me , sweety
Y9cp7ep.jpeg

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
companions are surprisingly decent I like all of em except voodoo witch accent is too niggaish and annoying
Argenta is the mc Im just here to support her

regarding respec you can only respec companions specific stuff that you decided so you cant correct owlcat's shit builds, oh well mods will fix it. I would prefer that u can't change classes / origin and stuff but changing all talents and shit would be nice

havox

Novice
Second companion you get is annoying uppity nigger, Tides of Excellence, best talent on my Operative broken, infinite exp dialogue loop on first NPC you talk to out of tutorial, yep, that about lines up with my expectations from Owlcucks. Probably smart to play the definitive edition after a year with all the DLCs and fixes. But hey, at least no gay bear sex, I played for 2 whole hours and at no point all male companions stood in line to offer gay sex, so it's at least better than baldurs gay 3.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So Int is only for Skill checks, right? I'm thinking of dumping heavily into Int on my Rogue Trader and probably going for Operative -> Grand Strategist and a specialization in Ballistic Skills. Sounds decent. Not sure if Idira will fit in my party later tho. Two Operatives sounds a bit excessive and there are talents that give bonus AP if you are the only Operative in the group. Tho stacking exploits and spamming Expose Weakness might be pretty good too. You get a reroll option later on, right? What are you guys playing as?

I didn't think the melee combat would be this strong. Abelard has been kicking major ass so far.

Anyway, I'm a little after the prologue, but everything seems really fucking good so far. The music and atmosphere are really strong. Haven't seen enough of the writing to comment on it, but the voice acting has been top-notch.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Zayne

Scholar
I've started as Voidborn Psyker(the Emperor Buffs variant) Officer, with Willpower/Intelligence focus to be ultimate support/skillmonkey character.
The first problem arised when I realised that "Be smart" talent won't give me Int bonuses so persuasion/trading. But it should work for Officer's abilities, right?

Played for 3 hours, the atmosphere and music are really good. Big fight against psyker-turned-demon was surprisingly difficult (on Daring), he managed to down Idira and Argenta, but Abelard came through. Still, I have no idea what I am doing with builds, hopefully there will be respec later.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I've started as Voidborn Psyker(the Emperor Buffs variant) Officer, with Willpower/Intelligence focus to be ultimate support/skillmonkey character.
The first problem arised when I realised that "Be smart" talent won't give me Int bonuses so persuasion/trading. But it should work for Officer's abilities, right?

Played for 3 hours, the atmosphere and music are really good. Big fight against psyker-turned-demon was surprisingly difficult (on Daring), he managed to down Idira and Argenta, but Abelard came through. Still, I have no idea what I am doing with builds, hopefully there will be respec later.
yeah be smart don't work for skill checks, fel->int skill checks requires forge world talent. should work for everything else.
you can respec after u finish prologue

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom