Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2 by Saber Interactive - Titus takes on the Tyranids

Fargus

Arcane

Mid? To me this looks about as shitty and repetitive as first space marine which i never finished back in the days. But the game is not ugly pos that falls apart like recent releases from diversity hires at least.

Synth seem to like it despite the flaws.

PC gaming saved by Россия this year, Westoids on copewatch.

And tyrannids chinks i guess if you count Kong Dong Ching Chong as good thing for gayming.

orcinator

Liturgist
Mid? To me this looks about as shitty and repetitive as first space marine which i never finished back in the days. But the game is not ugly pos that falls apart like recent releases from diversity hires at least.

Synth seem to like it despite the flaws.
I haven't bothred to play it let alone watch any gameplay footage, I find it more efficient to judge games by their ability to filter youtubers with shit taste. By this metric, Spess Muhreen 2 clearly suffers from very shallow gameplay mechanics.

Ryzer

Arcane
Interesting comeback from Russia on the videogames front: Atomic Heart, Rogue Trader now this. It's okay.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Fedora Master seems to hate it so it must be pretty amazing.
Please, go ahead, you'll cry about getting filtered two days later and pretend like you never bought it.
Butthole Master convinced me to purchase the game. Thank you! Will upload videos of me pwning this bitch.

you're talking to a guy who was in the top 10 on all of Vanquish's leaderboards back in 2010. I eat TPS games for breakfeast MFer.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter

you're talking to a guy who was in the top 10 on all of Vanquish's leaderboards back in 2010. I eat TPS games for breakfeast MFer.
Woah cool. Who were the other two guys?
Vanquish is alot more difficult and alot more legendary than this game will ever be, that I can promise. This game looks cool af tho. It gives me original Gears of War vibes. I have zero interest in Warhammer's lore. Only thing I know about it is it has a fantasy setting and there was an apocalypse or something and there's a future scifi setting. I'm not interested in learning any of it. I just wanna be a badass and kill shit.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
I have like the lamest and dumbest nitpick ever but I'm curious if anybody else feels the same. Does the voice acting of Titus not match up with his physical appearance to you? The voice acting feels a bit angsty and dark, and feels like it would come from a metal antihero type. It's great, but then you look at the character design and he looks like a grizzled war vet, appropriately so. It's not the voice I'd expect to hear coming from that body. I imagine something more like Tom Berrenger in Platoon, something of that nature. Both the voice acting and character design are rad but they don't coalesce like they should. Just a random thought I had.

Caim

Arcane
I have like the lamest and dumbest nitpick ever but I'm curious if anybody else feels the same. Does the voice acting of Titus not match up with his physical appearance to you? The voice acting feels a bit angsty and dark, and feels like it would come from a metal antihero type. It's great, but then you look at the character design and he looks like a grizzled war vet, appropriately so. It's not the voice I'd expect to hear coming from that body. I imagine something more like Tom Berrenger in Platoon, something of that nature. Both the voice acting and character design are rad but they don't coalesce like they should. Just a random thought I had.
The first game had him voiced by Mark Strong, who is a much better fit for the body. They had a new guy for the second game for reasons I'm not entirely certain of, and if they designed Titus with Mark Strong in mind this might explain the discrepancy.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
This is actually pretty fucking badass as far as movie games go. I forgot what it was like to play one of these lol. The invisible walls are a bit maddening at times.

Borelli

Arcane
I find this to be a mostly more of the same type of sequel which is what i expected. Although i find fighting orks to be more fun than tyranids.
Bolters feel weak tho. Like i'm shooting a 9mm SMG. And there is way too many variations of them, ended up using ordinary and heavy bolter most of the time, sniper occasionally.

Game is much easier than the first one, you don't die when reaching 0 hp and bots revive you plus execution moves make you immune for the duration. Except for the Operations mode, lack of checkpoints means that one death = restart.
First game had a difficulty spike once chaos appears since they their ranged damage is much bigger than orks, but here no such thing happens, the Thousand Sons Marines are surprisingly easy to kill.

The game's parry system is weird, there are clear blue and orange markers for what is parryable and not but then there are also ordinary enemy attacks that can also be parried but they don't have a marker, it's like the developers
realized that visually it is difficult in melee chaos to realize when someone is going to attack you so they put a marker on them.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I think the parry alerts are for when theres a combo attack coming, unless its one of the disposable little leaping shitters giving you a free armor pip

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Played this for 30 minutes yesterday. I didn't play part one and for some reason I expected an actual shooter. Instead, I got the usual souls-slop gameplay with slow animations, paper armor and clunky controls. I hate souls-slop, so this isn't for me. It also makes my wonder why an ultramarine dies so quickly and how exactly he does dodge rolls with that super thick armor.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
how exactly he does dodge rolls with that super thick armor.
Space marines have enough genetic and mechanical augmentation that they are as agile in power armor as a normal human is without armor. But see also people doing somersaults in full plate irl.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Played this for 30 minutes yesterday. I didn't play part one and for some reason I expected an actual shooter. Instead, I got the usual souls-slop gameplay with slow animations, paper armor and clunky controls. I hate souls-slop, so this isn't for me. It also makes my wonder why an ultramarine dies so quickly and how exactly he does dodge rolls with that super thick armor.
Wtf makes this soulslike? It's a combination of Gears and God of War ffs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom