Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Gamescom Screenshots

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not small, the other guys are just large! :(

St. Toxic

Arcane
Crap man. I never realized that dwarfs walked among us. What's next -- elves? Could Arcanum and Shadowrun be based in reality? @JarlFrank What are your racial traits/bonuses? How distinguishable are female dwarfs?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can eat lots and have a high alcohol tolerance, I'm generally pretty sturdy and damage-resistant but I suck at running and have low stamina.

Well fuck that's just like actual dwarves

A user named cat

Again pointing out that Phantasmals version is vastly superior to that what the W2 devs made. :salute:

Brian mentioned that some community people contributed to interface design, and that one guy who did a lot was from the Codex. At least the thinks so, he couldn't remember the name.
I would love to show up in the credits at the very end as: "That Guy From Codex, Can't Remember His Name"

The_scorpion

Liturgist
Red Skorpion Militia :salute:

teeheeehee and i didn't even pledge :oops:

Besides, Dolph approves...

773337.jpeg

drae

Augur
The UI looks fine. The dot matrix printer and the font are cool, and so are the mass of wires connecting everything together. Gives it a very low-tech and patched up feel, which I love. The only part I hate is the (hard to read) calculator-esque number display.

Overall, much better than before. 7 thumbs up!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The AP counter is an eyesore. I don't know how anyone can possibly look at that and think it's acceptable. If you can't read that it says "08" at a glance then it's shit.

Can someone explain to me what those weird damage ratings (4-4) for both guns mean? I'm guessing the range isn't 4-4, is it?
Yah, it's 4-4. There were/are slightly more variable ranges for other weapons but they're leaning more towards deterministic so the only randomization that will ruin your tactics is accuracy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
they're leaning more towards deterministic

Oh? Have you been following the posts of some inXile Sawyer-equivalent, that you know this?
I'm making an educated guess based on those screenshots and the weapon range values from the vertical slice video where a sniper rifle did 22-26 damage, an AK did 14-16, and a club did 24-26.

I suppose it's possible they'd go "Psyche!!!!!!!!!" and go back to extreme Wasteland ranges of 5-30 for a rifle, 6-36 for an assault rifle, and 3-18 for a club, but that seems less likely to me. I don't have much faith in their abilities, but I don't think they're that inept.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
zMjiq3a.jpg

Can someone explain to me why I find the look a little jarring? It doesn't feel... polished.

It gives me the impression they've attempted a look that they don't have the resources to pull off correctly.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
There's really not a lot of detail in that particular screenshot. Other than the OMG KWA FLAG we're looking at a rather washed-out, muddy scene. Look at the textures for the buildings. Look at the car. All very low-res, I agree rather amateurish-looking.

It's unfinished, though. I'm hoping for at least some more polish before release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom