Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Gamescom Screenshots

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Grunker seems kind of fatter than in those Logic Artists photos. Needs to take Andhaira's advice to Dicksmoker and hit the gym, sultry bitches will come soon afterwards.
Fargo is sexy as usual.
Jarlfrank is not an exemplary member of the superior Aryan race.
Brother None's just a total nerd.
UI looks allright.

Will update this post as the prestigious magazine provides more material.

kazgar

Arcane
Hope the wasteland demo showed off the fact the UI elements are movable and customisable.

Don't think there's a way that feature could happen with the IE style panel UI being pined for by many.

Otherwise the theme and look has improved a great lot, will have to see how it plays later.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's really not a lot of detail in that particular screenshot. Other than the OMG KWA FLAG we're looking at a rather washed-out, muddy scene. Look at the textures for the buildings. Look at the car. All very low-res, I agree rather amateurish-looking.

It's unfinished, though. I'm hoping for at least some more polish before release.

It looked way better in motion than on the screenshots, actually.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Grunker seems kind of fatter than in those Logic Artists photos. Needs to take Andhaira's advice to Dicksmoker and hit the gym, sultry bitches will come soon afterwards.
Fargo is sexy as usual.
Jarlfrank is not an exemplary member of the superior Aryan race.
Brother None's just a total nerd.
UI looks allright.

Will update this post as the prestigious magazine provides more material.

"A Dane, a German, a Dutchman and an American walk into a bar..."

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
ITT insecure nerds are commenting other people's appearance as soon as they see a photo.

gromit

Arcane
I don't understand this new way of making UIs with so many elements sticking off instead of doing just a "block" like Phantasmal did. Guess I need to go with the times etc. :roll:
Discrete elements play nicely with multiple resolutions, densities, and aspect ratios, "for free."

edit: whoa, also this, which I didn't know, and is awesome:
Hope the wasteland demo showed off the fact the UI elements are movable and customisable.

ColCol

Arcane
Jarl, PLEASE tell me you brought along a copy of your book to share with Fargo...

The game version will be Fargo's next project, all art and graphics done by Jarl.

On topic, game looks nice, can't wait.

A user named cat

0JNEItM.png

drae

Augur
Can someone explain to me why I find the look a little jarring? It doesn't feel... polished.

It gives me the impression they've attempted a look that they don't have the resources to pull off correctly.

Wouldn't a polished UI seem out of place in this post-apocalyptic setting?

The UI looks like it's been jury-rigged together. It's clunky, it's low tech, yet at the same time it's got character and a bit of charm to it. I think it perfectly fits the nature of the game.

The one glaring exception is the stupid LCD calulator type display in the bottom left hand corner. That is really terrible!

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
ITT insecure nerds are commenting other people's appearance as soon as they see a photo.

No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. I already am well aware of what BN looks like, Grunker looks normal and has a nice shirt, but JarlFrank is just too small. It simply won't do.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
10114.jpg

It looks pretty awesome now. The only two things that don't quite fit are the red numbers and the experience font.

I especially like the ToEE-style lining up of characters and enemy portraits in their order of action.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I especially like the ToEE-style lining up of characters and enemy portraits in their order of action.
It is neat but with these small but detailed portraits it might be rather difficult to notice who moves when at a first glance. But at least it is clear which small squares are your guys and which are enemies, thanks to the the red framing of the latter.

Aside from this and the red dotted AP counter, I like the UI a lot.

Got to admit that they did a good job on the UI, I'm impressed.

There are two things I think they should change, though:
The white colors on the printed paper and the lightbulb AP counter. I have problems reading dotted stuff like that.
I agree with you, but I would do the AP meter with a flip display, like this:

drTU6hM.jpg

This is awesome!!!!
Great idea :bravo:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
That does nothing for me, sorry. I don't understand this new way of making UIs with so many elements sticking off instead of doing just a "block" like Phantasmal did. Guess I need to go with the times etc. :roll:

The only explanation I have is that they render in full screen with the UI as overlay. Whereas the old games would render into fixed areas of the screen.

That also explains why it is so relatively easy to move panels around. I always thought that was kind of a gimmick, not something they really had to do.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is neat but with these small but detailed portraits it might be rather difficult to notice who moves when at a first glance. But at least it is clear which small squares are your guys and which are enemies, thanks to the the red framing of the latter.

Would be good if hovering the mouse over a potrait in the queue would highlight the character model or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom